ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 10

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Boy the district has made up for my easy picks until the last couple weeks! Its hard to judge if the district is good or just average after some of the wins and losses the past couple weeks! I guess as the teams make the playoffs against teams from other districts we will be able to tell. lets see how I feel they stand after this weeks games!
# 1 CHANCELLOR 7 @ 2 : No surprise here as the chargers beat up on my number 2 ranked team KG. This team has no business with 2 losses with the talent they have. We did this game on TV that can be seen tonight Tuesday night and Wednesday night! And the Jason Brown to EJ Jenkings combo is second to none! looks like the running game is coming around with Armstead and the O line blocked like world beaters. The defense is starting to play well with Penn State bound Matos and Army bound DT George Brown. This team is loaded with not only talent but D1 talent and looks like now are playing consistent and if so watch out playoffs!
# 2 JAMES MONROE 7@ 2 : I knew the jackets was going to get better this year as the season went on but not good enough to be ranked this high. Congrats to coach Serbay on his 250 th win! Watched the game on tv and they totally dominated a surging Courtland team in every phase of the game. I believe they have the best rushing attack in the district with possibly the best 0 line. Its been many a day with the exception of the Eric Bates and the Charlie 'big mac' McDaniels have they had a rushing attack like now. The past 10 years or more they passed people silly but their passing game is non existent. It remains to be seen if they can possibly keep up this rushing attack against good playoff teams. Their defense seems to be getting better every week with some hard hitters like Cord Lucas leading the way. They will be tested this week as they play a KG team chomping at the bit to redeem themselves after the hard loss to Chancellor.
# 3 KING GEORGE 6@ 3 : Yes I know they lost to Courtland a couple weeks ago so why put them ahead of Courtland? Well I really believe they have slightly more talent than Courtland as Courtland really has no game breakers like KG has speedy Jordan Alley! the foxes are not as bad as they looked against Chancellor! The chargers can make anyone look bad when they are hitting on all cylinders! Be a test to see how good they really are as they play JM at home this week.
# 4 COURTLAND 4@ 5 : The cougars was totally out manned against JM but they are still a good team. Like JM they lack a passing attack and their running game is good but have not much speed. The Defensive line was totally out played against JM and blocked at will. For them to survive in the playoffs they will have to play a more balanced attack. The wing T is basically a running attack but you cant be one dimensional to be a playoff survivor.
# 5 CAROLINE 2 @ 7 : Congratulations to coach Antron Yeates on their win over Spotsy. That's two this year and you will see this program turn around if they finally stay with coach Yeates rather like the past change coaches every couple years. There is talent in Caroline and if they win a little more will come out for football and the foundation will be set. The attitude about football will change as winning breeds that. One school in Caroline CO. so no excuse for them to lose every year.
# 6 Spotsy 1 @ 8: I have run out of adjectives to describe my boys from post oak. Thought they would have a decent chance against Caroline but I guess it was asking too much. They was totally dominated by the Cavaliers in all phases of the game. just not enough talent yet. Don't look like much in the pipe line as the JV team has very little talent but one bright spot is Post Oak middle has a pretty good team. One suggestion is with the new scheduling starting this year they should schedule out of conference teams that they can beat. Hate to do that but the knights need some wins to get the confidence of the players school and fans no matter how weak the schedule is. Winning in a lost programs cures everything. Spotsy has a long long way to go and for Coach Johnson a short time to get there!
There you go my standings like them or not. final games of the regular season with playoffs for some right around the corner. I believe 4 battlefield teams are playoff bound. Good luck to the playoff teams and for the ones that fail to qualify better luck next season. Be hear before you know it!

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT