ADVERTISEMENT

BATTLEFIELD RANKINGS AFTER WEEK 10

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Well the season is almost done and with the playoffs just around the corner the battlefield will be represented by 3 teams! Eastern View Courtland and Spotsylvania. Its been a strange year in rankings but the only team that has been disappointing to me is JM. I thought JM was the third best team and would have gave Courtland a run for their money but it didn't happen. Lets see how i see them on the last week of the season.
(1) Eastern View 9 @ 0: Been there all year and will finish in first place. By far the best team in the battlefield and one of the best in the state.The question is after a weak last of the year schedule that no one threatening them when they get in the playoffs against strong teams can they put their foot on the gas and turn it up a notch to not get ambushed by a good playoff team. Coach Hatfield will have them ready so i think everything in the EV camp will be just fine.
(2) Courtland 7@ 2: The cougars had little trouble with Caroline but started slow. The cougars have had a good year but they seem to be missing something. The defense hasn't been that good and they seem to rely only on Zin White even though DJ Jones and Shyheem lewis looked good against Caroline! Gave up almost 200 yards rushing against Caroline and the defense will have to be better to beat a resurgent Spotsy team. How many years has it been since you could say that about the knights against Courtland?
( 3 ) Spotsy 6 @ 3 : Is this a dream or is this really happening? I could see the boys from Post Oak getting a little better from last year maybe 5 and 5 but to win 6 games and a possible 7 would be a dream. Can they beat Courtland? Maybe? But if someone told me they had a chance before the season i would have suggested they go see a schrink! I care less if the beat the cougars or not Jeromy Jack is the coach of the year hands down! He has done a great job turning a terrible program the past 15 years to a playoff team and has won more games in 2 years than the other 3 coaches won in 15 years! Good luck Spotsy against Courtland and as you head to the playoffs!
( 4) Chancellor 4 @ 6: Chancellor played good against Spotsy in the first half but Spotsy pulled away in the second half! Chancellor had a good Offense that put lots of points on the board against everyone they played! All year long their defense was not competitive on the high school level. Their season is over so good luck next year as you get more experience with that young team.
( 5) JM 2 @ 7 : The jackets under achieved this year IMO! Their offense was competitive this year but their defense never jelled. Thought the defense would get better as the season went on but it didn't improve that much. DB's didn't play that bad but the D line and linebackers left a lot to be desired! They had some young people on defense but the D line could not stop anyone! With Caroline next they should end the year 3 and 7 but the Cavaliers will probably test them. First time in a long time if the Jackets miss the playoffs.
( 6) KG 1 @ 8 The Foxes had a bye this week to get ready for the EV Cyclones! Will finish 1 and 9 and hope they survive the EV Cyclone! Good luck Friday and next year also.
( 7) Caroline 1 @ 8: I haven't been with the Caroline team but i can promise you Coach Allison will be preaching all week that they have a chance to upset JM and he is correct! Will it happen? I doubt it but they will probably move the ball on JM but they like JM have a porous defense and wont be able to stop the Jackets enough to win. Good luck next year!
There we go one more game and then the playoffs start. EV has not been challenged in district play this year. Spotsy has been a surprise team and Courtland has been the usual team! Good luc'k teams as you advance on to the playoffs and for the ones out of the playoffs good luck next year!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT