ADVERTISEMENT

Bburg D

Sep 26, 2001
Everyone wants to talk about the offense when mentioning Bburg. Don’t get me wrong it’s really good, but it’s the D that is the backbone of this team. They have been lights out all year and have actually turned it up a notch in the playoffs. This unit has not given up a score in the 8 quarters they have played. The 2 scores have both been committed by our O on pick 6’s.

Everyone wants to talk about the offense when mentioning Bburg. Don’t get me wrong it’s really good, but it’s the D that is the backbone of this team. They have been lights out all year and have actually turned it up a notch in the playoffs. This unit has not given up a score in the 8 quarters they have played. The 2 scores have both been committed by our O on pick 6’s.

You are exactly right. That defense was great last night. The defensive line did something that teams couldn’t do all year, get to the quarterback. Going into last nights Game EC Glass had only been sacked once. Y’all sacked the quarterback at least 4 times. The running game has not really been there for Glass at the end of the season, and they had to pass. Blacksburg’s defense worked together and made some great plays. Congrats to the Bruins.

JOrndorff, you are right. I've been telling everyone since I saw the game with Salem, it's their defense that makes them a state title contender. With Pope, maybe Dinwiddie has a slightly better defense. However, after attending both games, I thought Blacksburg was a small notch above defensively. They did the best job containing Ramsey for sure. The D line is disruptive and the backers play great assignment football.

The second round against Salem will be very interesting. Ramsey will get a lot more totes with Owen gone. They have added a few more wrinkles offensively and I fully expect a surprise or two from the OC Pitts. Also, lost in last night's drubbing of GW, was the play of Gladden at QB. Many have been hard on him including myself, but he played a near perfect game and will get a jolt of needed confidence. Defensively, Salem's secondary will have to mirror what they did last night to have a chance at the upset. However, at the end of the day I fully expect this game to come down as it so often does, to play in the trenches on both sides of the ball and the team with the fewest turnovers. It should be a great one!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT