ADVERTISEMENT

Best game in 4a tonight

In our area, Matoaca at Hopewell, (but I don’t think the cameras are working at Hopewell), Hanover at Varina, or Bird at Huguenot would be interesting to me.

Some may laugh at me, but Poquoson/Smithfield I find interesting. Also Honaker at Narrows and Altavista at Gretna.

The truth is, there are a bunch of games that should be hotly contested this week. So much football, so little time!!!!!

Hopefully hopewell has there starters back Henderson , hunt and there kicker who very good. But we'll see.
If they have everyone healthy, I think they beat Matoaca. If even just Henderson is out, I give the edge to Matoaca.

In our area, Matoaca at Hopewell, (but I don’t think the cameras are working at Hopewell), Hanover at Varina, or Bird at Huguenot would be interesting to me.

Some may laugh at me, but Poquoson/Smithfield I find interesting. Also Honaker at Narrows and Altavista at Gretna.

The truth is, there are a bunch of games that should be hotly contested this week. So much football, so little time!!!!!
If anybody laughs at that then they obviously don’t know a whole lot and aren’t real fans of VA high school football.

I’d like to add Herm at Glen Allen will be very good too.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Good luck tonight with NFHS!

Glass/JF and WB/LB NOT WORKING....

And tried to watch Kettle Run/Sherando....only shows the end third of the football field.

Hopewell down 20-0 2nd quarter 4 mins to go. not playing well for home coming. Interceptions just bad play snap over to kicker head for a td. They killing hopewell with the long pass.

10-9 at the half. I know I might sound like a negative Nancy but I'll chill until I see them against Herm.
I went to watch Herm/GA and I’m now at the Varina game. Herm is like watching paint dry. One of the most boring and poorly executed games I've seen this year. As I was leaving, Wood threw a 70 yard strike to D1 Carter to make it 31-9. Varina is legit, just missing something.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I went to watch Herm/GA and I’m now at the Varina game. Herm is like watching paint dry. One of the most boring and poorly executed games I've seen this year. As I was leaving, Wood threw a 70 yard strike to D1 Carter to make it 31-9. Varina is legit, just missing something.
My issue is no matter how good Carter is playoff teams will take him away, then what. I do believe they're the most overall talented team though so they have some margin for error.

My issue is no matter how good Carter is playoff teams will take him away, then what. I do believe they're the most overall talented team though so they have some margin for error.
Taevon Gilpin and Jordan Edwards will win them the playoff games, D1 will get his. The running game is looking a hell of a lot better.

Glen Allen with the big win over Herm. 17-16 final. Herm most likely finishes 6-4. Herm really needed this game tonight.

Hopewell down 20-0 2nd quarter 4 mins to go. not playing well for home coming. Interceptions just bad play snap over to kicker head for a td. They killing hopewell with the long pass.
Hopewell played there worst game of the year for homecoming lost 35-7 to matoaca. They killed Hopewell with the passing game all night. Hopewell defensive front 4 played well. Henderson played some but not on offense. Hopewell will Regroup and get really for the C3 playoffs and make a long run. Matoaca looked good, how far that can go in the playoffs C5 I'm not sure with muray, green run and Warwick, but we will see.

Matoaca is the best class 5 team in richmond IMO and will compete with all but Maury. I am looking forward to the Warrick v Phoebus game in a few weeks. I do believe Green run is solid but we won’t really know how they stack up until playoff time. Hopewell we be good to go once they are healthy for class 3 but I think LCA takes class 3 this year

Matoaca is the best class 5 team in richmond IMO and will compete with all but Maury. I am looking forward to the Warrick v Phoebus game in a few weeks. I do believe Green run is solid but we won’t really know how they stack up until playoff time. Hopewell we be good to go once they are healthy for class 3 but I think LCA takes class 3 this year

MV against LCA in the semis should be quite the game. LB just doesn't have the offensive diversity to do anything when Nicely gets shut down and Christiansburg is a solid team* but just seems like it's missing something but MV is buzzsawing their way through the competition so far, although one might argue they're not being remotely challenged during the regular season and that may come back to bite them in the playoffs. Seems like MV will come out of that region.

* As an aside, Cburg's star QB/S Tanner Evans went down with a yet-unknown knee injury tonight against Hidden Valley. He was helped off the field without putting weight on his right leg. I saw him get examined, try to walk on it again and his legs buckled instantly. He was in street clothes and crutches for the second half. Cburg finishes the season with PH and Salem but needless to say if Evans misses the POs they won't do much. The backup is a shifty speedster but he's young and inexperienced.

I think Varina is missing something also and I believe it's the play calling. There are a lot of playmakers on this team and they're just not being used to there potential. Don't get me wrong they're winning but it seems like it's taking them two quarters to get it together. No points allowed And once again the Varina defense came up big against Hanover

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I think Varina is missing something also and I believe it's the play calling. There are a lot of playmakers on this team and they're just not being used to there potential. Don't get me wrong they're winning but it seems like it's taking them two quarters to get it together. No points allowed And once again the Varina defense came up big against Hanover
I was close to bailing on Varina after the first half but looks like they finally found some offense in the 2nd that will hopefully carry over to the next few games. I have been underwhelmed with the offense output the last two seasons. Not saying they aren’t a really good team but just seems like they have been stuck in quick sand at times offensively. They have 2-3 guys that can go yard anytime they touch it, but it just never seems to happen. My estimation is Hanover is a slightly better than average team and Varina was able to dispose of them easily which is a good sign. It looks like the hermitage v Varina game is happening and then they face Springs. If they can keep it close with Springs they should feel good about things. In the end, a win is a win so keep marching on

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I was close to bailing on Varina after the first half but looks like they finally found some offense in the 2nd that will hopefully carry over to the next few games. I have been underwhelmed with the offense output the last two seasons. Not saying they aren’t a really good team but just seems like they have been stuck in quick sand at times offensively. They have 2-3 guys that can go yard anytime they touch it, but it just never seems to happen. My estimation is Hanover is a slightly better than average team and Varina was able to dispose of them easily which is a good sign. It looks like the hermitage v Varina game is happening and then they face Springs. If they can keep it close with Springs they should feel good about things. In the end, a win is a win so keep marching on
Varina has a plethora of weapons. They are probably the most talented team in the 804. It’s crazy a certain member will argue me down and Varina has way more offers than his team (which is what he goes by to argue that his team is better). From what I’ve seen is the QB play is the limiting factor of their offense. I think Linwood Johnson probably has the best arm outside of Martin (HS), Dalton (Dinwiddie) and Shelton (Benedictine) but the scheme hasn’t adapted to his pocket passing abilities. Varina likes to roll out and scramble to get their playmakers open. Lots of RPOs. Wood probably runs a 4.9 40 compared to Bobby Dunn (4.45 40) Myles Derricott (4.65 40). Good QB, just haven’t adapted the offense to fit his strengths.

Varina has a plethora of weapons. They are probably the most talented team in the 804. It’s crazy a certain member will argue me down and Varina has way more offers than his team (which is what he goes by to argue that his team is better). From what I’ve seen is the QB play is the limiting factor of their offense. I think Linwood Johnson probably has the best arm outside of Martin (HS), Dalton (Dinwiddie) and Shelton (Benedictine) but the scheme hasn’t adapted to his pocket passing abilities. Varina likes to roll out and scramble to get their playmakers open. Lots of RPOs. Wood probably runs a 4.9 40 compared to Bobby Dunn (4.45 40) Myles Derricott (4.65 40). Good QB, just haven’t adapted the offense to fit his strengths.
I like the Abernathy(Man) kid’s arm too! I still think he’s going to be special.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT