ADVERTISEMENT

Best Week 1 Games??

In 6A lake Braddock vs Westfield is interesting.
In 5A Broad Run vs Potomac Falls is a great match up
in 4A several games charlottesville vs Glass , Salem vs Amherst, Louisa vs Courtland, how about JF vs Staunton River 3A.
Lots of good games , 4A is the deepst and most interesting .
Clarke county 2A driving down to Dominion 4A , could be make or break for Dominion first game of the year .

In all of 4A I'd say it'd be between Amherst/Salem and Louisa/Courtland. If I were to limit it to the region I follow the closest, definitely Dominion/Clarke County. With only six teams making the playoffs in Region C, Dominion could find themselves in a tough position if they lose.

LCA and Danville is a huge sleeper. 49-42 game last year. LCA has a championship winning coach who doesn’t lose many games (he used to beat up on the better Gretna teams). My Danville boys better bring it!

Charlottesville and Glass will be a good one. Glass has state championship potential and Charlottesville looks to get into the playoff conversation. Black Knights lose a bit on O but they have one of the best backs in 4a in Folley. Could be one of the better games of the night.

Pulaski and Northside gets the nod over SR/JF for me. Can Pulaski make the next step and contend with BB &Salem in the River Ridge. It starts with Northside. Kam Akers is the real deal. Biggest questions is will they have the run game and defense to get them there? Northside will be a sleeper in 3a and from the looks at last year, the Vikings have some potential after giving Salem a very competitive game.

Amherst and Salem nothing else to say. Two of the state’s premier programs. Will be very very good. I’ll put Frank Ross up against any back in the state and Salem will be Salem idc if they lose their whole team and play the Andrew Lewis middle school team.

Louisa at Courtland. Won’t get no bigger. Best LB in the country and a lot of talk that Courtland is a team to compete in Region B. We’ll see. Get your popcorn ready!

LCA and Danville is a huge sleeper. 49-42 game last year. LCA has a championship winning coach who doesn’t lose many games (he used to beat up on the better Gretna teams). My Danville boys better bring it!

Charlottesville and Glass will be a good one. Glass has state championship potential and Charlottesville looks to get into the playoff conversation. Black Knights lose a bit on O but they have one of the best backs in 4a in Folley. Could be one of the better games of the night.

Pulaski and Northside gets the nod over SR/JF for me. Can Pulaski make the next step and contend with BB &Salem in the River Ridge. It starts with Northside. Kam Akers is the real deal. Biggest questions is will they have the run game and defense to get them there? Northside will be a sleeper in 3a and from the looks at last year, the Vikings have some potential after giving Salem a very competitive game.

Amherst and Salem nothing else to say. Two of the state’s premier programs. Will be very very good. I’ll put Frank Ross up against any back in the state and Salem will be Salem idc if they lose their whole team and play the Andrew Lewis middle school team.

Louisa at Courtland. Won’t get no bigger. Best LB in the country and a lot of talk that Courtland is a team to compete in Region B. We’ll see. Get your popcorn ready!
I believe LCA's coach is 113-12 overall

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead

Only one person is hyping courtland up. It’s not proven yet if they will do anything special

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You are correct, I am hyping them up on paper, got to prove it on the field. I will argue to the sun goes down, they have the most dangerous back field in 4A or any clasification. White is special and can creste his own yards, 2 O-lineman return, bolstered by 3 large athletic juniors. The wing T will be in full force this year, but the line will play a major part. D- fense will be very spirited! New young stud LB in the mix now, lots to hear about him the next couple years.

Not much improved, just good enough to be the best team in Hanover County this year with Atlee. They have a pair of up and coming So. RB/LB in Derricott and Rankin, the OL should be much improved from the last two years. Lee-Davis and Patrick Henry lost quite a bit of talent to graduations and transfers (H.S., Herm and LCA, etc).

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
You are correct, I am hyping them up on paper, got to prove it on the field. I will argue to the sun goes down, they have the most dangerous back field in 4A or any clasification. White is special and can creste his own yards, 2 O-lineman return, bolstered by 3 large athletic juniors. The wing T will be in full force this year, but the line will play a major part. D- fense will be very spirited! New young stud LB in the mix now, lots to hear about him the next couple years.
I think your getting carried away with the most dangerous back field in 4A or any classification. But I like your optimism!

Not much improved, just good enough to be the best team in Hanover County this year with Atlee. They have a pair of up and coming So. RB/LB in Derricott and Rankin, the OL should be much improved from the last two years. Lee-Davis and Patrick Henry lost quite a bit of talent to graduations and transfers (H.S., Herm and LCA, etc).
I’m hearing PH may be the better than Hanover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT