ADVERTISEMENT

Better Luck Next Year

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Congrats to Heritage Leesburg on their last second win over GW tonight 39-36. I don't think many of us picked them in Pick Em. On the bright side Forest ran for 275 yards to break one of the greatest players to come out of Danville single season record. Great accomplishment young man and I wish him and the other 8 seniors the best in their future endeavors. If your team loss tonight, it bites but it's always next year. Still a lot of good football left. Congrats to all of the winners tonight. Very good matchups next Friday!

I was at the game this was like @cutnjump said before poor tackling from GW. The JV players that played tonight did a great job! Looking forward to future!! Love my GW EAGLES!! Just not our year!!
It hurts but it's a good lesson for the puppies. We'll be back stronger than ever next year. These youngins will get in the weightroom and get bigger and stronger and plus they have some experience to go along with it. I think next year's team could mirror this year's Dinwiddie team with the speed that we have returning and coming up from JV. They'll have more times to show that they are for real next year with games with LCA, JF, Amherst and of course Magna Vista. Nothing to hang their heads on. I don't know about you but I'm ready for GW Basketball lol!! Probably the best team we've had since the Ridge and JC days and that's saying a lot!!

Reactions: Lewis918777
Wow hard to imagine losing a game where your tailback gets 275 yrds. What an accomplishment for him!
Yeah bro I feel for him. Don't know him like I know some of the other guys but I do know he's a very good kid, high character kid. He'll go places in life. I've seen David Wilson run the ball a many of times and I never thought anyone would break his single season rushing record anytime soon! Congrats on the win tonight. Now my Danville boys can get in the gym to get payback on your Chiefs come March lol!

Those freshmen played well. GW is going to have a good passing attack and depth next year.
Could have used more folks in the stands.
I had the opportunity to workout with a few of the freshmen this summer at the Y. They don't look like freshmen at all. I saw where some knucklehead tried to bash Coach Anderson on the Facebook page but I'm very happy with what he and his staff did with so little experience. They'll be very fun to watch for the next 5-6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT