• Mataoca

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Dinwiddie

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
6-3 Dinwiddie Generals at 7-2 Mataoca Warriors. @CRF4Dan , @mbonape1 and a few other posters have Mataoca coming out of 5C. You know what, I’m with them after watching some tape. I plan to go this Friday. Dinwiddie has to win this one to avoid going on the road in Round 1. It’s a big time game and A LOT of talent will be on the field. Who y’all got? I know @BleedingNavy has the lowdown on both teams!

6-3 Dinwiddie Generals at 7-2 Mataoca Warriors. @CRF4Dan , @mbonape1 and a few other posters have Mataoca coming out of 5C. You know what, I’m with them after watching some tape. I plan to go this Friday. Dinwiddie has to win this one to avoid going on the road in Round 1. It’s a big time game and A LOT of talent will be on the field. Who y’all got? I know @BleedingNavy has the lowdown on both teams!
Strictly off of speculation I have a feeling that Dinwiddie won't lose again until possibly @ Varina for the regional title.

Reactions: VolNation85
I have to go with Da Generals on the strength of Mills and Dalton.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Got Dinwiddie big in this one. Unless the turnover bug comes back, I'll go Generals 35-14.

Got Dinwiddie also bc of Dalton. However, Matoaca has big time talent and gone somewhat under the radar so far this season. I expect a great game especially if it ends up being close in the second half

Everyone has brought some good points to the table and honestly Matoaca's ability to throw it bothers me. The Warriors are a fighting for a top seed in their region and could very well be headed for a final four match up with Maury. Yes, they are a quality ball club with talent and Dinwiddie has stumbled at times with youthful mistakes. The experts will ask can Dinwiddie stop the Matoaca offense and will Dinwiddie be able to run against Matoaca's fantastic defensive line.

For once I will break my humble character and say "hell yes"! This young Dinwiddie team played one tough schedule, has taken their lumps, and lost a few quality players a long the way, but not once have they showed any signs of being intimidated. In week one they scored first on Glenville and fought hard against an all star team from Cleveland. Against the best team in Virginia, Maury they once again went toe to toe and gave the Commodores quite a scare. Against Dale they just pissed away numerous drives with six turnovers and stupid penalties. Three losses to two higher class and undefeated teams and the Class 4 Ohio State Champion. Look it up I told everyone we would be 7-3 in the regular season. Guess what?

Coach Billy Mills is 13-4 against our across the Appomattox River rival and the Generals haven't lost to Matoaca since 2015. The last time Dinwiddie went on the road in the playoffs was in 2019 and I just don't see this talented and tested team letting it happen in the first round this year. Simply stated that will be eight straight losses for Matoaca.

Instead of asking how Dinwiddie will stop Matoaca people need to start asking how can Matoaca stop Dinwiddie's offense that averages 42 points, 250 yards rushing, and 125 yards passing per game. Dalton, Tucker, Johnson are imposing their will in the running game and a new stud receiver Bowles has come to the forefront in the passing game. Dalton is healthy now and the o line is playing well. If needed #6 will call his own number and take over the game. His numbers are down for a reason. Matoaca's defense is good, but they ain't that good!

Defensively, Dinwiddie can and will stop the Warrior rushing game. Matoaca will have to throw to match scores and even if they do their quarterback will face a very good pass rush (28 team sacks) led by #18 McDowell. Yes, the very young Dinwiddie safeties make some errors, but they also have 18 interceptions and four pick sixes.

Matoaca can and will score; however, they will not score enough to beat Dinwiddie. If I have to eat crow I like mine fried with hot sauce. @mbonape1, I know you have been waiting on a response like this for years. You got it and although this take was uncomfortable it needed to be done. The Generals march begins Friday night and we are coming to a town near you. Hopefully, we will be fox hunting in a few weeks.

Last edited:
I've seen Dinwiddie and matoaca play Hopewell and I can say Hopewell played there worst game of the season but ran the ball well against matoaca and against Dinwiddie Hopewell played well at times . But watching Dinwiddie run the ball is hard to stop and I don't think Matoaca can stop the run, but can Dinwiddie stop matoaca passing game they killed Hopewell with the long pass all night so pass against the ran and I pick the run. Dinwiddie 42 matoaca 28.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Everyone has brought some good points to the table and honestly Matoaca's ability to throw it bothers me. The Warriors are a fighting for a top seed in their region and could very well be headed for a final four match up with Maury. Yes, they are a quality ball club with talent and Dinwiddie has stumbled at times with youthful mistakes. The experts will ask can Dinwiddie stop the Matoaca offense and will Dinwiddie be able to run against Matoaca's fantastic defensive line.

For once I will break my humble character and say "hell yes"! This young Dinwiddie team played one tough schedule, has taken their lumps, and lost a few quality players a long the way, but not once have they showed any signs of being intimidated. In week one they scored first on Glenville and fought hard against an all star team from Cleveland. Against the best team in Virginia, Maury they once again went toe to toe and gave the Commodores quite a scare. Against Dale they just pissed away numerous drives with six turnovers and stupid penalties. Three losses to two higher class and undefeated teams and the Class 4 Ohio State Champion. Look it up I told everyone we would be 7-3 in the regular season. Guess what?

Coach Billy Mills is 13-4 against our across the Appomattox River rival and the Generals haven't lost to Matoaca since 2015. The last time Dinwiddie went on the road in the playoffs was in 2019 and I just don't see this talented and tested team letting it happen in the first round this year. Simply stated that will be eight straight losses for Matoaca.

Instead of asking how Dinwiddie will stop Matoaca people need to start asking how can Matoaca stop Dinwiddie's offense that averages 42 points, 250 yards rushing, and 125 yards passing per game. Dalton, Tucker, Johnson are imposing their will in the running game and a new stud receiver Bowles has come to the forefront in the passing of game. Dalton is healthy now and the o line is playing well. If needed #6 call his own number and take over the game. His numbers are down for a reason. Matoaca is defense is good, but they ain't that good!

Defensively, Dinwiddie can and will stop the Warrior rushing game. Matoaca will have to throw to match scores and even if they do their quarterback will face a very good pass rush (28 team sacks) led by #18 McDowell. Yes, the very young Dinwiddie safeties make some errors, but they also have 18 interceptions and four pick sizes.

Matoaca can and will score; however, they will not score enough to beat Dinwiddie. If I have to eat crow I like mine fried with hot sauce. @mbonape1, I know you have been waiting on a response like this for years. You got it and although this take was uncomfortable it needed to be done. The Generals march begins Friday night and we are coming to a town near you. Hopefully, we will be fox hunting in a few weeks.
Woa! I like it! What you stated is 100% facts on all levels. Dinwiddie’s schedule had to be the hardest in the state especially for a class 4 team. Oh and in case we forgot, Dinwiddie is the defending champion, so they are on the top of the mountain until knocked off. Motoaca is a good football team but I still think Dinwiddie gets it done.

Instead of asking how Dinwiddie will stop Matoaca people need to start asking how can Matoaca stop Dinwiddie's offense that averages 42 points, 250 yards rushing, and 125 yards passing per game. Dalton, Tucker, Johnson are imposing their will in the running game and a new stud receiver Bowles has come to the forefront in the passing of game. Dalton is healthy now and the o line is playing well. If needed #6 will call his own number and take over the game. His numbers are down for a reason. Matoaca's defense is good, but they ain't that good!

Defensively, Dinwiddie can and will stop the Warrior rushing game. Matoaca will have to throw to match scores and even if they do their quarterback will face a very good pass rush (28 team sacks) led by #18 McDowell. Yes, the very young Dinwiddie safeties make some errors, but they also have 18 interceptions and four pick sixes.

Is Wiggins at WR playing? Or did he get hurt?

Yes, @GoBlue2109, it was an honest and fair question. I am the media coordinator for the football team and as volunteer support I do not get involved in the day to day operations. I am also about the kids and no matter what goes on I would not speak on this forum about any possible issues unless it was 100% factual public knowledge. Hope you respect my take. Have a blessed day.

I was close with the dinwiddie Matoaca score, I said 42-28 it was 49-28. The run of dinwiddie was to much for matoaca. Until a team can stop the run game of dinwiddie they will continue to win,there line blocking technique is excellent. Good luck to the central district teams colonial heights, hopewell, matoaca, Dale and dinwiddie in the playoffs. 4 championship would be nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT