ADVERTISEMENT

Big week for LCA

My point is that they should not be in the vhsl. I was meaning in the 3-4 loses in Seminole. Thanks for dissecting everything I post. Lol
Lol no problem. Just trying to understand. I'm not the smartest person on here Lol. By the way, you never answered my other question...are you a Heritage alum? Did you play for Heritage? Not trying to be a smart ass, just genuinely want to know. As I said before, I graduated from and played for Heritage myself.

just a fan that moved in the Lynchburg area years ago and enjoy watching heritage sports (football, basketball and baseball etc).

just a fan that moved in the Lynchburg area years ago and enjoy watching heritage sports (football, basketball and baseball etc).
So technically, you are not really a "Pioneer 4life?" :D Lol I'm just giving you a hard time man. It's all in the name of fun and entertainment.

And why shouldn't LCA be in the vhsl if they abide by the rules? It's not fair for the kids to have to leave on a Thursday night or early on a Friday to play a team in West Virginia, Maryland or North Carolina when there are 7 schools within 20 minutes that they can play? And it's not fair to athletic program to miss out on so much revenue that playing a local team brings in compared to a team from Delaware that doesn't travel well. The local Seminole schools like JF, Amherst, Heritage, and Brookvill will thank LCA when they host LCA this year bc the revenue from the gate alone is going to be more than they usually bring in. LCA has been and are following the rules, which is what they have been doing since joining in 2015. Like 48 out of 50 states play private and public schools together now, Virginia was one of the last few states that didn't have public and private already together

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Why is this a redicoulous comment? I said, "MOST schools," not all schools. If this does not include Frederick County schools then, kudos to the schools and coaches in your area. Sounds like you guys have more integrity than every other school system in the state.
I don't am not buying that " most public schools " recruit players . Or even come close to most. I believe there is something called integrity in MOST public schools in Virginia.

Reactions: VolNation85
And why shouldn't LCA be in the vhsl if they abide by the rules? It's not fair for the kids to have to leave on a Thursday night or early on a Friday to play a team in West Virginia, Maryland or North Carolina when there are 7 schools within 20 minutes that they can play? And it's not fair to athletic program to miss out on so much revenue that playing a local team brings in compared to a team from Delaware that doesn't travel well. The local Seminole schools like JF, Amherst, Heritage, and Brookvill will thank LCA when they host LCA this year bc the revenue from the gate alone is going to be more than they usually bring in. LCA has been and are following the rules, which is what they have been doing since joining in 2015. Like 48 out of 50 states play private and public schools together now, Virginia was one of the last few states that didn't have public and private already together
If they abide by all the rules, maybe. But you were talking about them traveling that was part of being in the private school league. They had the money to fight and the VHSL didn't. They still do not have to follow district restrictions like others. They can take any from HHS, Glass, Brookville and JF district but those schools can only take from their area

They are zoned with Glass and Heritage, what they get elsewhere is not in their zone. Some recruited some transfer.

And why shouldn't LCA be in the vhsl if they abide by the rules?

Nobody has any issue with them in the VHSL if they play by the rules. They don't. They have and continue to play by their own rules. No other VHSL team is allowed recruits and reclassed players. If they want to play they should play by the same set of rules as everyone else.

Reactions: hamspear
I wonder when this board will stop bringing up the same issues with LCA. They are 1-2 and will be doing good to finish .500 this year. As long as they are C4 they will likely struggle to break even, make the playoffs, and be anything more than an early playoff exit imho. I anticipate their enrollment to drop gradually and for them to end up in C3 eventually. I think they could be very competitive in a lower division, but I just don't see them being state level in C4 in football. Just my opinion.

The VHSL rule is simply that you can not turn 19 before Aug. 1. I'm not sure about now but, this rule didn't apply to LCA two seasons ago as they were in a "probation period" with VHSL. I'm pretty sure that Now that they are full fledged VHSL any student enrolling AFTER the 2015 school year has to meet VHSL requirements. So if a kid was enrolled before the 2015 school year, he could very well be over the VHSL accepted age. I would guess that there aren't many students, if any, that fall into this category. IMO a 19 year old kid isn't necessarily any more physically or mentally mature than a 16, 17, or 18 year old so, I don't know if they would even make a difference.

My biggest complaint of LCA being in the VHSL is that their "school zone" encompasses the entire city of Lynchburg. So if a kid lives within city limits of Lynchburg he is eligible to attend LCA (assuming they can afford to pay). Whereas, EC Glass and Heritage have very specific and restricted zoning from which they can draw kids.
If you think there is not huge difference in 16 year olds and 19 year olds. Go referee a high school J/V basketball and then go referee a D 3 college scrimmage comprised mostly of 19 year old fresh men and notice the difference. Huge deal there. The 19 year olds are heavier and stronger physically. Them mental maturity is even greater

Reactions: wikki
LCA might not be actually recruiting, but they have an ad on WEST Tv. everyday talking about what a great school they are. I live in Rustburg so the ad is not confined to Lunchbag borders.

If they abide by all the rules, maybe. But you were talking about them traveling that was part of being in the private school league. They had the money to fight and the VHSL didn't. They still do not have to follow district restrictions like others. They can take any from HHS, Glass, Brookville and JF district but those schools can only take from their area
They can only pull from the Lynchburg city zone and they have a 1.5 multiplier to their student count which is why they are 4a. The vhsl gave them a choice to pick in the zones either ecg or heritage and not take a multiplier and be 3a, or take a multiplier, pull from both zones and be 4a so they chose to be 4a. And unless the kid starts at LCA before 9th grade he's subject to the sans transfer rules as any other school for kids coming out of our zone.
Yeah traveling is part of private schools bc there aren't many but when the ones in your area stop playing you what do you do? You end up traveling to other states to play teams which isn't fair to the players or school.

Nobody has any issue with them in the VHSL if they play by the rules. They don't. They have and continue to play by their own rules. No other VHSL team is allowed recruits and reclassed players. If they want to play they should play by the same set of rules as everyone else.
They have been since they joined. They haven't "recruited" if they did then they would have more than 30 players and 8 lineman, there isn't a single kid on that team that could play d1 football. And they haven't done 5th year seniors for a while, they have one on this team and he is still 18 and was grandfathered in bc the vhsl didn't want to punish a kid and make him sit out when it was something he couldn't control

LCA might not be actually recruiting, but they have an ad on WEST Tv. everyday talking about what a great school they are. I live in Rustburg so the ad is not confined to Lunchbag borders.
Yeah they have a commercial for the school bc unlike public schools who are funded by the government, LCA is funded by the tuition that the student's parents pay. So of course they are going to have a commercial trying to sell their school to get new students, that's how they keep the doors open. Public schools don't have to worry about that

If you think there is not huge difference in 16 year olds and 19 year olds. Go referee a high school J/V basketball and then go referee a D 3 college scrimmage comprised mostly of 19 year old fresh men and notice the difference. Huge deal there. The 19 year olds are heavier and stronger physically. Them mental maturity is even greater
Maybe I should have been more specific, there isn't much difference between a 16 year old that's not going to play college sports and a 19 year old that not's going to play college sports. Of course there will be a huge difference if a kid is already in college, evidently he's already proved himself to be athletically superior thus, the reason he is playing college sports.

They have been since they joined. They haven't "recruited" if they did then they would have more than 30 players and 8 lineman, there isn't a single kid on that team that could play d1 football. And they haven't done 5th year seniors for a while, they have one on this team and he is still 18 and was grandfathered in bc the vhsl didn't want to punish a kid and make him sit out when it was something he couldn't control

You contradicted yourself. They are not playing by the rules as long as they have ANY 5th year seniors or recruits on the team. You admitted that they did. When they have none left then the issue will be done. Until then they should never have been allowed to compete in the VHSL in any sport. They have already stolen a state championship in baseball....

Yes

You contradicted yourself. They are not playing by the rules as long as they have ANY 5th year seniors or recruits on the team. You admitted that they did. When they have none left then the issue will be done. Until then they should never have been allowed to compete in the VHSL in any sport. They have already stolen a state championship in baseball....
If you look at the post that I said earlier in this thread, I said they had one but the vhsl allowed him to be grandfathered in bc they didn't deem it right to punish him for something that was legal when he did it but now illegal. And plus he is only 18 so you can't use the 19 year mature argument. Well after this year you won't have to worry about it bc he's the last one. And they didn't steal a baseball title, Hanover beat them last year in the title game, beat them in the regular season and LCA just played a better game than they did in this years title game.

If you look at the post that I said earlier in this thread, I said they had one but the vhsl allowed him to be grandfathered in bc they didn't deem it right to punish him for something that was legal when he did it but now illegal. And plus he is only 18 so you can't use the 19 year mature argument. Well after this year you won't have to worry about it bc he's the last one. And they didn't steal a baseball title, Hanover beat them last year in the title game, beat them in the regular season and LCA just played a better game than they did in this years title game.

They beat Hanover (and other teams along the way) with older, recruited kids from all over the area. There is nothing legitimate about that championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT