ADVERTISEMENT

BKP's Boys Basketball Preseason Top 10 - Class 2

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Here are my personal rankings for the preseason. Will try and send a weekly update for those interested! Obviously VA Preps does an excellent job of their own, just thought it would be cool to make my own.

1. John Marshall
2. Brunswick
3. Radford
4. Madison County
5. Floyd County
6. Virginia High
7. Clarke County
8. Graham
9. Strasburg
10. Greensville County

HM: Glenvar, James River, Thomas Jefferson, Gate City

I mostly know Region C but I'm afraid that Radford losing their best 2 players will knock them down to the 8-10 range across the state. I actually look to Floyd to win the Region this year.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I mostly know Region C but I'm afraid that Radford losing their best 2 players will knock them down to the 8-10 range across the state. I actually look to Floyd to win the Region this year.

I had a similar thought process. Floyd returns a lot as well, and Radford had a ton of turnover, not just with players. That being said, I gave the preseason nod to the Bobcats out of their last few state title game runs and the history of their program, but wouldn't be surprised if Floyd wins D.

Radford still has some "dudes" and will still play a similar style everyone is used to.
I would agree with Floyd having the nod in C.
What does Martinsville have this year?

Here are my personal rankings for the preseason. Will try and send a weekly update for those interested! Obviously VA Preps does an excellent job of their own, just thought it would be cool to make my own.

1. John Marshall
2. Brunswick
3. Radford
4. Madison County
5. Floyd County
6. Virginia High
7. Clarke County
8. Graham
9. Strasburg
10. Greensville County

3 teams from the Bull Run District? That’s a pretty good all around high school district. If/when Page and Luray get back to normal, that’s a WHALE of a district.

1. John Marshall
2. Brunswick
3. Radford
4. Madison County
5. Floyd County
6. Virginia High
7. Clarke County
8. Graham
9. Strasburg
10. Greensville County

Brunswick is Class 1 this year.

3 teams from the Bull Run District? That’s a pretty good all around high school district. If/when Page and Luray get back to normal, that’s a WHALE of a district.

Clarke returns everyone. Strasburg returns Conrad, but loses some key pieces. Feel like they are the stretch but we will see, he was all state last year.

Clarke returns everyone. Strasburg returns Conrad, but loses some key pieces. Feel like they are the stretch but we will see, he was all state last year.
Madison has a good chance to repeat as Region 2B champ…they have a rigorous schedule but should be in the conversation by the post season. Breeden and McLearen return as all staters last season. Clarke will have a new coach for the first time in decades. Conrad has the size and skill to keep Strasburg in most games. Gonna’ be fun in the BRD!

Madison has a good chance to repeat as Region 2B champ…they have a rigorous schedule but should be in the conversation by the post season. Breeden and McLearen return as all staters last season. Clarke will have a new coach for the first time in decades. Conrad has the size and skill to keep Strasburg in most games. Gonna’ be fun in the BRD!
Strasburg also has Griffin Carter returning and he is a all around good player can shoot the 3,, play in the paint and defend really well. Gavin Dellinger will be a young gun to watch as his first year on varsity. He can shoot and defend and he is athletic. He is the son of former Strasburg Star Andrew Dellinger

Watched John Marshall last night against Hopewell and they beat a really good Hopewell bye 30. Hopewell is a C3 championship contender. No one in C2 will beat them, they have height, talent and athletes. 3 6'8 players start and 3 ot 4 6'6 to 6'4 players coming off the bench. So C2 teams get ready.

Watched John Marshall last night against Hopewell and they beat a really good Hopewell bye 30. Hopewell is a C3 championship contender. No one in C2 will beat them, they have height, talent and athletes. 3 6'8 players start and 3 ot 4 6'6 to 6'4 players coming off the bench. So C2 teams get ready.

Not telling anyone anything new. Starting the rumor that JM is opting out of the post season. Maybe it will come true. EPJR will get on here and say they don't want to play anyway. Well........

• Haha
Reactions: EPJr
Not telling anyone anything new. Starting the rumor that JM is opting out of the post season. Maybe it will come true. EPJR will get on here and say they don't want to play anyway. Well........
nice try
but a swing and a miss.

When everyone on a forum knows that JM is going to finish first without question and everyone else will finish second you know there's a problem.
VHSL ought to go to a 4 class system. Widen the class grouping and see how many schools "start crying" about JM being in their classification. Its ok when they aren't in your class and they get to "legally cheat". But when they move into your classification, maybe they might ruffle some important feathers and finally be told they are going through loopholes that make their importing of star players illegal.
Who am I to say though. If you can cheat legally won't be anyone stop you these days. Its what we love to teach our players in the VHSL. That and go make that money... right Coach White? Gotta go make that money!

Reactions: M11H16D18H
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT