ADVERTISEMENT

Blacksburg forfeits Week 11 vs Salem

Salem is good but they aren't IMG or Mater Dei. If you have at least 11 kids willing and able to play, I say play the game. Then if you have to forfeit due to injury after the game starts, that's understandable. But shame on the adults that took the opportunity from those seniors and others that want to play.

I think no matter what, a school should find every reasonable solution to play a game. If that means cancelling a JV game and dressing nothing but JV players, so be it. Ahead of time, the AD could reach out to the other school and make them aware of the situation and the HC could also do so pregame and the same to the officiating crew. In my experience, most coaches would understand and appreciate the situation and try and control the game. I believe that if a team has to forfeit or opts to cancel an away game, then they should have to cut the home team a check for lost revenue. Just a random number, but 500 tickets sold at $8 is a loss of $4,000, not to mention concession money. That's a lot of money for an athletic department.

On a slightly related matter: anyone heard anything about Jayveon Jones? I'm assuming no news is good news here as far as a serious injury goes and he's got this week and honestly the first two weeks of the POs if need be to fully heal. Anyone heard anything more concrete about status or return?

Elite program in AA??? They did win one, I repeat, one State Championship, then got beat by Salem in the Regional finals at BB a few years ago, but back to back good seasons does not make you elite. Put 6 or more seasons together then we can have a conversation.
Without Cole Beck, I highly doubt they win that one championship. He was elite whether the program was or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT