ADVERTISEMENT

Blacksburg

FoxesPride

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2017
What's going on in Blacksburg? The Bears went 0-6 this year scoring only 7 points on the season and haven't seen any discussion.

What's going on in Blacksburg? The Bears went 0-6 this year scoring only 7 points on the season and haven't seen any discussion.
They had an influx of talent from 2016-18, but those guys have graduated. This spring their team was very young. They did not have enough turnout to field a JV team. I think they were limited on working out as a group. Their best player injured his knee in the 1st game. He was the QB & LB, leader of the offense & defense. Just a combination of issues.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Still, they were getting blown out by half time in most of their games. Meaning they were probably seeing some 3rd and 4th team defenses in the second half of every game. Still couldn't score. I was listening to the first qtr. of their 4th game against Pulaski. They threw a 13 yd. completion. Radio guy said that was their longest completion of the year and only 3rd completion on the year. This after getting beat 60-0, 56-0, and 37-7.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I wouldn't put any stock in this year's performance of most teams. With covid an football being in the springish instead of fall. I'd say some teams didn't get full turnout between covid an guys possibly opting to play baseball or track.

Hell I had a hard time keeping up with it

Reactions: tommythecpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT