ADVERTISEMENT

Bluefield- Magna Vista-Pulaski

My honest opinion i think pulaski looked better out of the three. In one quarter of game like football they beat MV 7-0. Dont know how they came out against bluefiled. Pulaski had some good runs mixed in with some passing. Every team had multiple penalties which is expected. Now MV defense started playing better as the scrimmage went on. Still some work to be done. Mv offense still has to find some identity, i actually think the sophomore qb played better than the junior. They still had some good spots, but still alot of learning. I couldnt really tell which RB will be starting, it was so many in and out. Salem game should be interesting. Thats a good measuring stick to see what you got.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
My honest opinion i think pulaski looked better out of the three. In one quarter of game like football they beat MV 7-0. Dont know how they came out against bluefiled. Pulaski had some good runs mixed in with some passing. Every team had multiple penalties which is expected. Now MV defense started playing better as the scrimmage went on. Still some work to be done. Mv offense still has to find some identity, i actually think the sophomore qb played better than the junior. They still had some good spots, but still alot of learning. I couldnt really tell which RB will be starting, it was so many in and out. Salem game should be interesting. Thats a good measuring stick to see what you got.
The Sophomore QB for MV is the real deal!

Reactions: ridge98
In 1 quarter action neither MV or bluefield scored. I really didnt keep up with scrimmage scores, so many players in and out

Last edited:
Bluefield’s first string varsity scored two touchdowns to one for MV’s first string. Bluefield’s second string scored two touchdowns to none for MV’s second string. Bluefield’s first string varsity scored a touchdown to none for Pulaski’s first string. PC got inside the Beaver five yard line on a long pass during a scramble, but couldn’t get the ball into the endzone from there. I left as the second string varsity for Beaver and PC started, but it’s my understanding each unit scored a touchdown. They started with JV this morning for all three squads, so the varsity didn’t take the field until nearly 12:30pm.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Bluefield’s first string varsity scored two touchdowns to one for MV’s first string. Bluefield’s second string scored two touchdowns to none for MV’s second string. Bluefield’s first string varsity scored a touchdown to none for Pulaski’s first string. PC got inside the Beaver five yard line on a long pass during a scramble, but couldn’t get the ball into the endzone from there. I left as the second string varsity for Beaver and PC started, but it’s my understanding each unit scored a touchdown. They started with JV this morning for all three squads, so the varsity didn’t take the field until nearly 12:30pm.
Who is #65 on the end for bluefield?

Powell is #65...

Bluefield offensive line
T- Deiyantei Powell, 6-6, 279 Sr.
G- Nathan Pettus, 6-2, 267, Sr.
C- Mason Walker, 6-6, 280 Sr.
G- Derick Flack, 6-5, 335, So.
T- Matthew Peters, 6-7, 296
TE/G- Sean Martin 6-6, 227 Jr.
Average: 6-5, 281 pounds

What do they feed thin boys?

They even look 30 years old lol. That's easily a pro sized line. Imagine if they were in Virginia. No one in their enrollment size would be able to contend with that .
Giles scrimmages them friday. Just because they are big, doesn't make them great football players. We will see how they match up against a decent line this friday.

They even look 30 years old lol. That's easily a pro sized line. Imagine if they were in Virginia. No one in their enrollment size would be able to contend with that .
It's WVa. They probably are....pro size. you thought I was gonna say 30 yrs. old, didn't you.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwb16
I watched them play several times last season. They were good, but they got pushed around by Richlands. If not for Mookie making big plays, that would have been a totally different game. Im just saying, lets not proclaim them the best in 2 states until they actually play a few games.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
How did MV’s o-line and d-line look? I know they have big boys.
I thought the lines looked decent.. they do have some big boys. I think hayden a junior is close to 300 lbs. It was hard to tell yesterday because of all the combinations he was using with linebackers and such. Like i said before defense got better as the day went on. O line should be able to make some holes this year, they did pretty good in pass protection too. Friday should tell alot, i know its just a benefit game, but they will want to keep it close with salem.

I thought the lines looked decent.. they do have some big boys. I think hayden a junior is close to 300 lbs. It was hard to tell yesterday because of all the combinations he was using with linebackers and such. Like i said before defense got better as the day went on. O line should be able to make some holes this year, they did pretty good in pass protection too. Friday should tell alot, i know its just a benefit game, but they will want to keep it close with salem.

The Warriors have a great program and a great coach.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Bluefield WV has a quality program. Keep in mind though the level of competition isn't quite close to Virginia. I think they play Lord Botetourt in Bluefield. That will be a loss for Bluefield.

Not sure what LB has this season. I would put my money on Bluefield against anybody they play this season. That being said. I wouldnt be surprised if they lost one or two and LB could definitely be one of them.

Giles scrimmages them friday. Just because they are big, doesn't make them great football players. We will see how they match up against a decent line this friday.
Not sure that will tell a whole lot. I like the Giles program quite a bit but I believe they are in for a rough year.

Reactions: 19GHS87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT