ADVERTISEMENT

Dear 2015 Magna Vista Warriors

Kenneth Harris

VaPreps Varsity
Jun 22, 2022
Dear Warriors,

I hope this letter finds you dusting off your 2015 state title trophy and rings. I am hoping that the 2023 Freedom Eagles learn a lesson from the 2013 Phoebus Phantoms. The Phantoms played the DeMatha Stags in an 2013 opener to a 24-20 loss. A game that Stags fans had predicted would be a blow out turned out to be very competitive. The blow out came 2 years later when Magna Vista entered the greatest high school football stadium in America and defeated Phoebus 28-23. When the universe starts over following the big bang or whatever I am going to do everything I can to stop the staff of Dematha from stealing our speed demon; Robbie Robinson from Phoebus so that he can be wearing the blue and gold and run all over and past you so that we win that game 35-14 or 28-23 or whatever. I hope the 2023 Freedom Eagles are paying attention.

Sincerely,

The Future

Dear Warriors,

I hope this letter finds you dusting off your 2015 state title trophy and rings. I am hoping that the 2023 Freedom Eagles learn a lesson from the 2013 Phoebus Phantoms. The Phantoms played the DeMatha Stags in an 2013 opener to a 24-20 loss. A game that Stags fans had predicted would be a blow out turned out to be very competitive. The blow out came 2 years later when Magna Vista entered the greatest high school football stadium in America and defeated Phoebus 28-23. When the universe starts over following the big bang or whatever I am going to do everything I can to stop the staff of Dematha from stealing our speed demon; Robbie Robinson from Phoebus so that he can be wearing the blue and gold and run all over and past you so that we win that game 35-14 or 28-23 or whatever. I hope the 2023 Freedom Eagles are paying attention.

Sincerely,

The Future
Lay off that 🍃 dawg

Lay off that 🍃 dawg
Why is it that people like you that have nothing to offer always aim for character assignation first? You don't know me from a hole in a wall but you have have enough in you to accuse me of being a drug addict? Isn't that a violation of the message board rules? Are you questioning facts involving Phoebus and Dematha or do you not like creative writing? Either way watch your mouth and thumbs my friend. I like many other American families have lost family members to the scourge of drugs and alcohol so it isn't much of a laughing matter and at the very least your response has nothing to do with Bo, Bo Jackson or knowing sports. Try harder. Be better.

Dear Warriors,

Sincerely,

The Future
@Kenneth Harris, I know this off topic, but I attended that game with @DinwiddieProud and we ate at a drive up diner by the name of Smitty's. It was a fun game to watch. Magna Vista made very few mistakes and Phoebus shot themselves in the foot a few times.

Last edited:
@Kenneth Harris, I know this off topic, but I attended that game with @DinwiddieProud and we ate at a drive up diner by the name of Smitty's. It was a fun game to watch. Magna Vista made very few mistakes and Phoebus shot themselves in the foot a few times.
Actually one of my favorite trips with Bleeding Navy. Just good old fashion fun.

Smitty's is a great burger spot.
I first ate there is 77 or 78. Comparing it to burger spots in DC, I would put Smitty's ahead. That first half saw quite a few mistakes made by Phoebus. What I found to be funny that day is no one seemed to be aware how that game was so negatively affected by Phoebus playing DeMatha in 2013.

Smitty's is a great burger spot.
I first ate there is 77 or 78. Comparing it to burger spots in DC, I would put Smitty's ahead. That first half saw quite a few mistakes made by Phoebus. What I found to be funny that day is no one seemed to be aware how that game was so negatively affected by Phoebus playing DeMatha in 2013.
I had no clue, but I surely didn't think Magna Vista would beat Phoebus in their house. I watched Magna Vista win the final the next weekend and Salem beat Lake Taylor in a very hard fought game.

Reactions: gwcards
I had no clue, but I surely didn't think Magna Vista would beat Phoebus in their house. I watched Magna Vista win the final the next weekend and Salem beat Lake Taylor in a very hard fought game.
It is more than ok not to know that DeMatha had Phoebus' fastest player on their team for the 2015 season. It's not like Catholic newspapers were broadcasting it. The problem is that I have read posts from football fans that claim a team can lose their best player amd because it is Phoebus playing Magna Vista it did not matter. When did a team losing their best player stop meaning anything? I moved to Washington, DC and covered Dematha's games while that player played for the Stags because I smelled a fish. I smelled that fish while Phoebus was trying to comeback against the Warriors. Only one account said that Freedom should not play Dematha for two reasons. That account is mine. I said the game is a waste of time for Freedom and two: Freedom is exposing themselves to being backhanded by Dematha recruiting their best young player(s). I was also ridiculed for suggesting Salem was actually the favorite in 2015 and would win against Lake Taylor. I will not tell you who led the charge in belittling me on virginiapreps.com but I saved his messages for the day he claims that he did not do it. Warn Freedom to protect their players.

Reactions: gwb16
It is more than ok not to know that DeMatha had Phoebus' fastest player on their team for the 2015 season. It's not like Catholic newspapers were broadcasting it. The problem is that I have read posts from football fans that claim a team can lose their best player amd because it is Phoebus playing Magna Vista it did not matter. When did a team losing their best player stop meaning anything? I moved to Washington, DC and covered Dematha's games while that player played for the Stags because I smelled a fish. I smelled that fish while Phoebus was trying to comeback against the Warriors. Only one account said that Freedom should not play Dematha for two reasons. That account is mine. I said the game is a waste of time for Freedom and two: Freedom is exposing themselves to being backhanded by Dematha recruiting their best young player(s). I was also ridiculed for suggesting Salem was actually the favorite in 2015 and would win against Lake Taylor. I will not tell you who led the charge in belittling me on virginiapreps.com but I saved his messages for the day he claims that he did not do it. Warn Freedom to protect their players.
I hear your concerns, but schools in the DMV always loose neighborhood talent to the power privates. as the privates' rosters are made up of kids from all over the region. Sure, playing DeMatha might slightly increase exposure, but the private option is readily available to those that can make it and willing to commute.

Reactions: gwb16
Why is it that people like you that have nothing to offer always aim for character assignation first? You don't know me from a hole in a wall but you have have enough in you to accuse me of being a drug addict? Isn't that a violation of the message board rules? Are you questioning facts involving Phoebus and Dematha or do you not like creative writing? Either way watch your mouth and thumbs my friend. I like many other American families have lost family members to the scourge of drugs and alcohol so it isn't much of a laughing matter and at the very least your response has nothing to do with Bo, Bo Jackson or knowing sports. Try harder. Be better.
Stop being a weirdo with the victimization. I never claimed to know you nor judged you. Your post didn’t make any sense as you directed it to Magna Vista when your point was to tell Freedom to be careful scheduling a national power? I’m not an internet bully and hope you continue to post and bring your insight to the discussions.

Stop being a weirdo with the victimization. I never claimed to know you nor judged you. Your post didn’t make any sense as you directed it to Magna Vista when your point was to tell Freedom to be careful scheduling a national power? I’m not an internet bully and hope you continue to post and bring your insight to the discussions.
You can't just leave me alone and stop with the namecalling? Please? Go away? Not only do you not heed my first request to stop calling me anything other than my name but you literally doubled down with weirdo and victim? Now according ro you I am a drug addict, weirdo and victim? Stick to sports? I'm actually an artist. If you want, send me a list of thoughts, words and phrases dealing with sports that will make you happy and I will only use those but be aware I am not nor have I ever been responsible for your happiness. That's your responsibility. My posts do not need to make sense to you. I am not under a requirement to satisfy your need to understand my post. Either way, be a man, leave me alone, and at the very least use my name. If you want use "veteran" and be really, really cliché and say, "thank you for your service."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT