ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Christmas steps down

Yep..Atown, thought he turned it down. His vacay to Mexico must have changed his mind.

Yep..Atown, thought he turned it down. His vacay to Mexico must have changed his mind.
Yep, I knew they offered him the job and assumed he turned it down. My guess is he left for vacation and thought about it and then decided to accept it. Amherst had Moore on stand by.

He wont have to teach at Amherst. Both his sons will be on the staff. One was already with him at JF and the other one will be moving from Georgia. It will be interesting to see if Jake Grove follows him. Look for JF to go after Doug Smith or Mike Schaurnus.

@wikki Now that you all have your man. How do you like the choice? Look like it could be a slam dunk?

Why do you say that? Sounds like Amherst offered certain things JF didn’t or couldn’t.
I don't understand him saying puzzling either. Amherst is good place to coach great athletes

@wikki Now that you all have your man. How do you like the choice? Look like it could be a slam dunk?
I think it will be good for Amherst and we can only wait to see what happens. I know that my phone has been blowing up and everyone is very excited.

With his (Christmas) track record. I think its safe to say, Amherst will score a lot of points and give up a lot of points.

With his (Christmas) track record. I think its safe to say, Amherst will score a lot of points and give up a lot of points.
It depends on the defensive coach we have, may not be the same that JF had

I think he will have a good defense. Amherst usually has the speed to match up with the Glass’ and the Heritages of the world.

It is not the same DC as at JF. Not that the DC or the staff was even the issue, cannot go into it on a Public forum. But that’s beside the point, not the same DC.
I know and that’s my point. It will not be the same DC and I was always that today.

Puzzling because it seems to be a lateral move in most people’s eyes. You leave for another school in the district, who’s not been more successful than you on the field in the past 5 years, you’ve established a culture somewhere and begun building something why leave. Amherst is a good job it’s worth taking definitely but what is the behind the scenes and strings that made him come.

It is not the same DC as at JF. Not that the DC or the staff was even the issue, cannot go into it on a Public forum. But that’s beside the point, not the same DC.
So you are telling me Landis isn't coming with him?

So you are telling me Landis isn't coming with him?
Just that the DC will not be the same as before, he may very well be on staff. I hate that we are losing both of them at JF but happy they will have an opportunity for a new challenge.

Reactions: catchtds
As Rainman said above, it's puzzling because it's a lateral move within same district. He's a good coach, I just wish he'd ditch the wishbone offense, and run the spread.

They had games this past season with over 500 yards of offense. They put up ~600 yards vs state champ heritage. I’m not sure what the low point of offensive production was for JF in 2018 but I would be willing to bet they didn’t have a game, even at their lowest, with less than 250-300 (don’t quote me on that - just an estimate).
As Rainman said above, it's puzzling because it's a lateral move within same district. He's a good coach, I just wish he'd ditch the wishbone offense, and run the spread.

You see smaller “lateral” moves all the time where coaches shift schools within a single school division. Plenty of reasons to leave a 4A school for another nearby 4A school. I doubt those reasons will be shared outside of what we’ve heard already (not required to teach).

On WSET it was mentioned that he liked the challenge of rebuilding teams and saw Amherst as a project that energized him.

Puzzling because it seems to be a lateral move in most people’s eyes. You leave for another school in the district, who’s not been more successful than you on the field in the past 5 years, you’ve established a culture somewhere and begun building something why leave. Amherst is a good job it’s worth taking definitely but what is the behind the scenes and strings that made him come.

Christmas was going to stop teaching in the next year or two anyway. This move gives him almost the same teaching pay and he only has to coach. A deal not usually found at public schools...

Christmas was going to stop teaching in the next year or two anyway. This move gives him almost the same teaching pay and he only has to coach. A deal not usually found at public schools...
True

And yet it’s “puzzling”. Good for Christmas.

Reactions: jfcav1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT