ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS 3A Final: Cave Spring 76 Petersburg 75 - FINAL

History being made tonight in the Siegel Center. I’m told this is the first all female crew to officiate a boys state final in the entire COUNTRY. Happening right here in VA. Danyelle Smith, Chelisa Painter, Monnazjea Finney-Smith, and Derricka Henry

Cooper at the line with 257, showing, misses first of two shot makes second.

Petersburg answers: 73-71, Cave, 241 remaining.

Wave pressures full court; Knights make it to the offensive zone and turn it over. Foul, Wave’s Fields makes both shots 73-73, 202 left.

Petersburg goes up on a lay-up - 75-73 - with 1:43 to go against Cave Spring. But Owyn Dawyot ties it back up at 75-apiece with 1:26 remaining.

Wave’s holds for a last shot ... place going crazy - turnover - Dawyot to hole and is fouled with 06 left. Misses first makes second ... last shot by Wave off.

FINAL: Cave Spring 76 Petersburg 75

Knights are your boys basketball Class 3 champions

Fifth boys basketball crown for the school.

Wave denied third title, earns 6th runner-up.

• Love
Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Cave Spring always seems to win these type of games.....

Dawyot (11-16, 5-7) leds all with 29 points, 22 1st half, and nine rebounds, Jones 18 points, Saunders had 13 points and three rebounnds

Last edited:
History being made tonight in the Siegel Center. I’m told this is the first all female crew to officiate a boys state final in the entire COUNTRY. Happening right here in VA. Danyelle Smith, Chelisa Painter, Monnazjea Finney-Smith, and Derricka Henry
I wonder if she's related to Dorian Finney-Smith of the Dallas Mavericks? The product from Portsmouth ( I. C. Norcom High School )

Congrats Cave Spring. This game was worth the money. A lot of tournament left, I hope the rest are just as good as the two Class 3 games.

VHSL 2022 Class 3 All-State Boys Basketball Teams Selected
Petersburg’s Christopher Fields, Jr. selected Class 3 Boys Player of the Year; Cave Spring’s Jacob Gruse named Class 3 Boys Coach of the Year

Reactions: AntGZee
This picture…we have been STATE CHAMPIONS 2 of the last 3 years. Let that sink in for a second.
FOIiI07XoAA8eQu

#gocave
#cshoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT