ADVERTISEMENT

Boys: Page County 70 Strasburg 66 OT

Thanks for keeping us posted. Here in Augusta only a handful of games have been played due to football playoffs but there are a few on tap this week and I understand that both Riverheads and Gap will jump in next week. As I had said in an earlier thread, I fully expect the power in the Shenandoah this year to be up north. I expect Luray, Page, and East Rock to battle it out and I will be surprised if any of our county teams can make any major noise this year. It just happened that way with the graduating classes.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Here in Augusta only a handful of games have been played due to football playoffs but there are a few on tap this week and I understand that both Riverheads and Gap will jump in next week. As I had said in an earlier thread, I fully expect the power in the Shenandoah this year to be up north. I expect Luray, Page, and East Rock to battle it out and I will be surprised if any of our county teams can make any major noise this year. It just happened that way with the graduating classes.
This game was the best h.s. bball game I've seen in years..both teams played very hard..Page jumped out to a quick 16-4 lead, but Strasburg adjusted their defense and for the most part shut down Page's long range shots..Strasburg was actually the team shooting threes like it was just natural for them..I didn't keep count, but, I think it's safe to say, they shot over 25 treys and hit at least 50%....Page adjusted their offense on driving to the basket...both teams traded leads throughout the entire game and it pretty much came down to who had the last possession...both teams actually played well on defense..#12 for Strasburg had an awesome game, and he's only a sophmore...Page couldn't seem to stop him for the most part..again, a great game played by both teams

Yep, good game by both teams. Just have to be smart at the end, up by 2 with the ball, can't drive and throw up a wild shot hoping it'll go in. Need to hold on, make them foul, and knock down FTs. Still real early and those kinks will be worked out by Purdham I'm sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT