DXY5-8kXcAUYBac.jpg

Goochland 0 for 3 from the floor so far, down 4-0

Thanks to Billy Fellin for the tweets/images

END OF 1: Central 12, Goochland 8.

Bulldogs winning the turnover battle, but only 3 of 9 from the field

Two fouls in a row for the Bulldogs, now at 6

Timeout, Goochland. Central got a 3, its 15-8

6:17 left second.

Harwood is down on the floor after contact going to the basket. Refs called it a jump ball, Goochland not happy with that call. Harwood is carried off the floor, not putting weight on one leg. Huge loss for Goochland if he's out

Goochland's leading scorer during the season, Deion Harwood, was injured during second period and did not return.

Fast and furious third quarter, timeout Goochland. 36-28 Central leads

JaMel Allen has the last 6 Goochland points. 37-33 Central with 1:48 in the third

Central just called for just its second foul of the second half

Central 46, Goochland 33. 5:31 left

FINAL: Central 59, Goochland 45.

Bulldogs season comes to an end

Falcons will play R.E. Lee in state semis Tuesday at Wilson Memorial in a rematch of Region B final.

I was not thrilled with the refs. I will never say that we lost because of refs but in my opinion, they we're not good. I don't understand why the VHSL would have Shenandoah refs work this game. Good luck to Central next week. Very talented and we'll coached team....

I was not thrilled with the refs. I will never say that we lost because of refs but in my opinion, they we're not good. I don't understand why the VHSL would have Shenandoah refs work this game. Good luck to Central next week. Very talented and we'll coached team....
Central is in the Bull Run not the Shenandoah so the refs came from a neutral district.

Agree. The poster may have been referring to Shenandoah Valley or something of that nature, but the calls were suspect at times. The second quarter foul with 3 minutes until halftime was over the back and then some. But, I dont think it made a difference. Central was clearly better, and I think they play Lee within 5 points next week. I also don't think the stste title game is automatically the semifinal game in the West. The East is good enough to have a title winner.

Central was the better team today. They had more depth and played great team ball. Losing Harwood to injury and having Quincy Snead in foul trouble was a major issue for Goochland. Only 2 seniors on this team so plenty to look forward to next year. I will root for Central or Lee the rest of the way since all of the talk has been out west. Good luck to the remaining teams!

Central was the better team today. They had more depth and played great team ball. Losing Harwood to injury and having Quincy Snead in foul trouble was a major issue for Goochland. Only 2 seniors on this team so plenty to look forward to next year. I will root for Central or Lee the rest of the way since all of the talk has been out west. Good luck to the remaining teams!

But we will never know how much of a difference losing Harwood made for Goochland.

I wasn't at the game, but losing your BEST player HAD to hurt.......just will never know HOW MUCH if affected the game overall.

Congrats on your great season Goochland!

Central is tough!

Reactions: G-DOG2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT