ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Challenge - 2A Boys?

Mar 27, 2015
Anyone interested in a friendly bracket challenge for 2A Boys?

Am I correct that 2A-East has a 16 team bracket and 2A-West has an 8 team bracket?

Sounds fun! I know 8 teams advance to the state tourney this year. top 4 from the West and East. Would you just make it one bracket all the way through the state tourney?

Anyone interested in a friendly bracket challenge for 2A Boys?

Am I correct that 2A-East has a 16 team bracket and 2A-West has an 8 team bracket?
I'm in, but I don't know for certain what the format is for 2A this year, and I have had a terrible time finding correct schedules/results this year.

I'll do it. 2A East starts tomorrow night. Brackets are up on the VHSL site. West isn't up yet

Am I correct in saying that eight teams from region 2A make it to states? If so, then a team needs to only win their first regional game to qualify

Am I correct in saying that eight teams from region 2A make it to states? If so, then a team needs to only win their first regional game to qualify

No, you are not correct. Four from each Region advance to the State Tournament.

They will be cross-bracketed at that point: #1E vs. #4W, #2W vs. #3E in one bracket and #1W vs #4E, #2E vs. #3W in the other bracket and will play out from there.

http://www.vhsl.org/doc/upload/bkb-2016-2A-boys-bracket1.pdf

8 teams do advance to the state tourney this season. 4 from the East and 4 from the West. West regional teams only need one win to advance due to their 8 team field.

How does the West format play out after conference championships? Will the champs of Conf 38 play the looser of Conf 37 as in past years or will it be a different set up?

8 teams do advance to the state tourney this season. 4 from the East and 4 from the West. West regional teams only need one win to advance due to their 8 team field.

I think I may have misunderstood his question. I thought he was asking if eight from his region make it to the State Tourney.

But, yes, as I posted, eight teams total, four from each region, paired in cross-bracket fashion.

If you check out the Bracket Challenge post...it has entire bracket for entire state tourney posted there...i had to dig to find it but I have it there now....pretty sure it's accurate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT