ADVERTISEMENT

Region 5C Bracket

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
Haven't found the full bracket but this is what I know for the quarterfinals (Friday, 2/16).

#7 Hermitage (16-6) @ #2 Albemarle (21-3)
William Fleming (17-6) @ Godwin (17-5)

I'm going to assume Patrick Henry Roanoke is the 6 seed. Don't know about the other teams that qualified and are seeded, will update when I find out.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
So it's "conceivable" that THREE teams from one district could each win a state title???

(Albemarle, Charlottesville, Western Albemarle)

What a strange world we live in today.

So looks like LC Bird will be the #1 seed...and James River-Midlo will also be up there. Not sure what their matchups are yet. Here is what I know for sure:

#1 LC Bird
#2 Albemarle
James River
Patrick Henry Roanoke
William Fleming will play at Godwin

That's six teams.

So it's "conceivable" that THREE teams from one district could each win a state title???

(Albemarle, Charlottesville, Western Albemarle)

What a strange world we live in today.
Hahahaha in theory yes, but if any one of them wins a state title it would take a pretty miraculous run! It's true for other districts as well. It happens in soccer all the time for those three schools (boys and girls).

Reactions: pizzzzza
#7 Hermitage (16-6) @ #2 Albemarle (21-3)

24-13 Albemarle leads Hermitage at the end of the first quarter in the Region 5C quarterfinals.

Halftime Update: Albemarle boys basketball up 38-23 at the break against Hermitage. Ben Wesson with 13 points for the Patriots.

End 3Q - Albemarle leads Hermitage in the Class 5C regional quarterfinals, 50-32.

Final score from James River (Midlothian)

#6 Patrick Henry (Roanoke) 68 - #3 James River (Midlothian) 50

#1 LC Bird 77 #8 Matoaca 38 - FINAL

Skyhawks improve to 20-2 on the year.

Advance to the Region semifinals Tuesday against William Fleming

Skyhawks improve to 21-2 on the year and advance to the region final. Return to action Friday in the Regional Championship.

GG0tDoHXMAADS0m

Albemarle 74 PH-Roanoke 38.

Region 5C Championship
Albemarle vs LC Bird @ JR Tucker HS - Friday 7:45pm
Ben Wesson - 20p 7rMakai Ragland - 17p 6rWes Gobble - 14p 4sBenny Koutone - 7p 5r 3aHayden Yow - 6p 2rIsaiah Harris - 6p 2r

I saw both games last night. Albemarle and Bird is going to be a hell of a game. Took Albemarle a little while to heat up, but you could just tell they’d start hitting and eventually put the smaller Patriots away. Bird is impressive. They play great team defense and they hit shots. Wouldn’t be surprised if either of these teams win it all.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I saw both games last night. Albemarle and Bird is going to be a hell of a game. Took Albemarle a little while to heat up, but you could just tell they’d start hitting and eventually put the smaller Patriots away. Bird is impressive. They play great team defense and they hit shots. Wouldn’t be surprised if either of these teams win it all.
The winner of this game will more than likely be in the state championship game vs Woodside.

But they may end up playing twice, so who knows...depends on who comes out on top in the 'rematch' (if it were to happen) in the state semis.

In the 5C regional championship, Albemarle boys trail LC Bird, 36-30 at the break.

Final - #2 Albemarle boys fall to #1 LC Bird in the 5C regional championship, 75-64.

Patriots (23-4) await state tourney berth along with the Skyhawks (22-2).

Albemarle travels to Potomac Falls, who ended their season last year on a buzzer beater.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT