1. Albemarle 19-3 (13-1)
2. Western Albemarle 18-4 (12-2)
3. Charlottesville 19-3 (11-3)
4. Orange County 14-9 (7-7)
5. Fluvanna County 10-11 (6-7)
6. Monticello 7-13 (3-9)
7. Louisa County 6-16 (2-12)
8. Goochland 4-18 (0-13)

Still a few games tonight to wrap up the season, but the tournament will only be the top four teams. If Fluvanna wins tonight, they'll be tied with Orange in district record but I assume Orange will get the nod at #4. Semis are tomorrow night. Really impressive overall records for the top three this year. Charlottesville should be #1 in 4D, Western #2 in 3C. Not sure about Albemarle in 5C but will definitely be up there.

#4 Orange @ #1 Albemarle
#3 Charlottesville @ #2 Western Albemarle.

Last edited:
Final Standings:

1. Albemarle 19-3 (13-1)
2. Western Albemarle 18-4 (12-2)
3. Charlottesville 19-3 (11-3)
4. Orange County 14-9 (7-7)
5. Fluvanna County 10-12 (6-8)
6. Monticello 7-13 (5-9)
7. Louisa County 6-16 (2-12)
8. Goochland 4-18 (0-14)

Monticello beat Fluvanna last night. I was a little wrong about region standings. Charlottesville will be #1 in 4D North subregion (automatic quarterfinals). I would guess Western will be #3 in 3C, because Spotswood (22-0) and Rustburg will both be ahead of them more than likely. Hard to find info on Albemarle's region.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
1 Albemarle 67
4 Orange 48

2 Western Albemarle 56
3 Charlottesville 58

Black Knights and Patriots both 20-3. They’ll play Monday for the district title. I believe it’ll be at CHS because the CHS girls are hosting and this year the girls high seed gets the supersite honors. Lucky break for Cville boys.

Albemarle came into CHS and torched the ever living s*** out of the Black Knights, 83-54. Looks like the Pats (21-3) will be the 2 seed in Region 5C. Charlottesville still #1 in 4D North subregion. They'll play Orange, winner of that will play winner of Handley/Sherando for state berth and Region title game.

Albemarle came into CHS and torched the ever living s*** out of the Black Knights, 83-54. Looks like the Pats (21-3) will be the 2 seed in Region 5C. Charlottesville still #1 in 4D North subregion. They'll play Orange, winner of that will play winner of Handley/Sherando for state berth and Region title game.
I was shocked when I seen that score. Do you have the 4D pairings?

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I was shocked when I seen that score. Do you have the 4D pairings?

Cville didn't have their starting point guard which certainly didn't help, the Pats created a ton of turnovers and scored a lot of fast break points. They're still a strong contender in Class 4, but definitely need to sort some things out. I'm not sure what the 4D south looks like, I'm sure EC Glass and Jefferson Forest are in, not sure who else. Handley and Cville are the two best in the region this year IMO, and they'll play in the second round as long as they both take care of business. Tuscy and Woodgrove are really really good so whoever comes out of 4D will have tough battles against those two, who should come out of 4C.

Albemarle is legit. After a relatively bad loss at Eastern View, their young big guy (Ragland) blossomed into a beast and they've blown everyone out. Gobble is back from injury and played off the bench last night, and if he finds his footing a little bit they're even scarier. Super well coached too...Greg Maynard is also the nicest guy in the Commonwealth. Region 5C is no joke, bunch of good west end Richmond schools along with Fleming, Patrick Henry, and Albemarle. Whoever comes out of it will be battle tested. Albemarle is a little small overall but they play hard.

Cville didn't have their starting point guard which certainly didn't help, the Pats created a ton of turnovers and scored a lot of fast break points. They're still a strong contender in Class 4, but definitely need to sort some things out. I'm not sure what the 4D south looks like, I'm sure EC Glass and Jefferson Forest are in, not sure who else. Handley and Cville are the two best in the region this year IMO, and they'll play in the second round as long as they both take care of business. Tuscy and Woodgrove are really really good so whoever comes out of 4D will have tough battles against those two, who should come out of 4C.

Albemarle is legit. After a relatively bad loss at Eastern View, their young big guy (Ragland) blossomed into a beast and they've blown everyone out. Gobble is back from injury and played off the bench last night, and if he finds his footing a little bit they're even scarier. Super well coached too...Greg Maynard is also the nicest guy in the Commonwealth. Region 5C is no joke, bunch of good west end Richmond schools along with Fleming, Patrick Henry, and Albemarle. Whoever comes out of it will be battle tested. Albemarle is a little small overall but they play hard.
Albemarle is going to be scary for the next 3 years. They've got 3 stud sophs and 1 fresh that play significant minutes. Their JV went unbeaten without those 4. Ridiculous '26 and '27 classes over there. Mark it down now, they'll win a state title in the next 3 years. I've got them winning 5C. Pot Falls and whoever comes out of the East(Woodside, Maury, Green Run) will be formidable but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final 4 or title game this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT