ADVERTISEMENT

Region 4D Bracket

blackknight_pride

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2016
Harrisonburg
North:
#4 Orange (14-10) @ #1 Charlottesville (20-4)
#3 Sherando (12-8) @ #2 John Handley (18-5)

South:
#4 Salem (12-11) @ #1 Jefferson Forest (16-6)
#3 Blacksburg (14-9) @ #2 EC Glass (14-8)

All quarterfinals on Friday, 2/16!

It sucks 😢 Tunstall is officially the premier basketball program of southside VA. Their JVs swept GW too. You could tell their kids had an overall better understanding of how to play the game of basketball.
With Bonner winning the chip, I’m hopeful we can get back to where we were. JC’s son will be coming up and I’m hopeful that Micah Gunter comes back to Danville to hoop. Not sure where Westwood finished , but both teams look like they had some hoopers and most importantly, had some length and size that Danville hasn’t seen since 2019. If we can get Gunter, I believe GW will be in the mix to compete for C4 in a few years. Don’t know if he leaves Carlisle where he’s starting as an 8th grader and has 2 legit D1 guards around him though.

Reactions: AntGZee
Handley is a dangerous team. I have seen Handley play several times this year as I live in Winchester. They have a freshman that has a nice jump shot and can knock down the three ball. They also have good size down low. It seems like they know how to make great halftime adjustments as well. I’ve got the Judges as a dark horse to make it to the State tournament.

Handley is a dangerous team. I have seen Handley play several times this year as I live in Winchester. They have a freshman that has a nice jump shot and can knock down the three ball. They also have good size down low. It seems like they know how to make great halftime adjustments as well. I’ve got the Judges as a dark horse to make it to the State tournament.
CP?

#4 Orange (14-10) @ #1 Charlottesville (20-4)

16-9 Charlottesville boys lead Orange at the end of the first quarter in the Region 4D quarterfinals.

Halftime Update: 37-25 Charlottesville leads Orange in the Region 4D quarterfinals.

69-44 final Charlottesville beats Orange in the Region 4D quarterfinals. Aidan Yates with 23 points to lead the Black Knights.

North:
#3 Sherando (12-8) @ #2 John Handley (18-5)

Region 4D quarterfinals: #Handley 67, #Sherando 54.

Judges improve to 18-5 and will play in semifinals on Wednesday.

South:
#4 Salem (12-11) @ #1 Jefferson Forest (16-6)
#3 Blacksburg (14-9) @ #2 EC Glass (14-8)

E.C. Glass 62, Blacksburg 58
JF Boys Basketball shoots their way into the Region 4D Semifinals by dropping visiting Salem 64-34 - JF hosts EC Glass next Friday

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
It sucks 😢 Tunstall is officially the premier basketball program of southside VA. Their JVs swept GW too. You could tell their kids had an overall better understanding of how to play the game of basketball.
I wouldn't consider them a premier program until they can win more than 1 or 2 playoff games over a 4 year stretch. Until they win something significant, they are just the best team, in a weak Piedmont District.

I wouldn't consider them a premier program until they can win more than 1 or 2 playoff games over a 4 year stretch. Until they win something significant, they are just the best team, in a weak Piedmont District.
I agree Ant. They get my respect for beating every opponent they were supposed to beat.. Many by convincing fashion. Chatham and Dan River exposed some things early that I think that’ll come up again this time of year but that’s just my opinion. CS and Northside will be the second best team Tunstall has played this year.

I'm predicting that Tunstall will see CS in the 2nd round. I do believe this time that they'll beat CS. It'll be a different story if they face Northside.
I agree although I think Tunstall will have to step on the gas early Ant. If it’s close, gimme Cave Spring. Kobe Morrison and Brown will need some help.

GW-New gym will also help the program. Worse record since 1967 but they did play hard. looks like there is talent and height on the way.

HIGH SCHOOL BOYS BASKETBALL: Jefferson Forest 58 E.C Glass 50. Forest advances to Region Final

JF Boys Basketball with a huge win over rival EC Glass in the Region 4D Semifinals

The Cavaliers have punched their ticket to the 4A State Quarterfinals, but first will play the winner of Charlottesville and John Handley for the Region 4D crown

GW-New gym will also help the program. Worse record since 1967 but they did play hard. looks like there is talent and height on the way.
Yeah we’ll be back. GW is going through a few lean years like we did from 2010-2013. We regrouped and made the states for 6 years straight.

Halftime Update: 30-28 Charlottesville boys lead John Handley at the break.

Aidan Yates with 13 and Jacoby Lynch with seven.

Judges hold Charlottesville to 0-14 shooting in 2nd.

Will Braun-Duin leads Judges with 11 points and Jaevon Brisco has 7.

End first quarter: Charlottesville 26, #Handley 15

FINAL: Charlottesville 79, Handley 67.

Aidan Yates leads with 30 points, powered by a 19-for-23 day at the foul line.

Jefferson Forest @ Charlottesville Friday for the region championship. These two will lock up with Tuscarora/Loudoun Valley in state quarters.

Handley boys are good. That freshman will be special. Harrell-Zook is a fantastic coach and a little insane.

This is Mitch Minor's (Charlottesville) last season, only fitting he got a trip to the state tournament in the farewell. He'll have one last home game on Friday (unless the region champ gets to hosts quarterfinals at home but I think they went back to neutral sites this year).

After one, Charlottesville boys basketball leads Jefferson Forest 14-12 in the Region 4D championship

Halftime Update: Charlottesville leads Jefferson Forest 24-19 at the break

With 5:54 to play, the Black Knights lead Jefferson Forest 50-43

BOYS REGION 4D CHAMPS
@CHSBlackKnights
hold off Jefferson Forest in the second half to win the 4D title 65-54.

GHEYKa_XMAAb2cj

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT