5 Glenvar at 4 Radford

6 Appomattox County at 3 Gretna
7 Chatham at 2 Floyd County

Semis (2/22 at Bassett HS)

Finals (2/23; 7:45PM - Roanoke College)

BOYS:

Region Boys Basketball final:

#4 Radford 45 #5 Glenvar 36.

Floyd County considered among the favorites in C who beat Radford twice and Glenvar twice in regular season lost to Chatham. Wow

Reactions: pizzzzza
REGION 2C BOYS FINAL: #1 Martinsville 58 #8 Dan River 41

The No. 1 seeded Bulldogs will play No. 4 Radford on Thursday at Bassett HS in the semifinals. Winner of that game clinches a spot in the VHSL Class 2 state tournament.

Hope we can hold off the Dogs, but Martinsville brings a bunch of seniors, a new coach, enthusiasm for the renewed program to the contest against lots of youth for the Bobcats. Big surprise if we pulled this off. Dogs by 8.

Reactions: AntGZee
Hope we can hold off the Dogs, but Martinsville brings a bunch of seniors, a new coach, enthusiasm for the renewed program to the contest against lots of youth for the Bobcats. Big surprise if we pulled this off. Dogs by 8.
Well I hope the Dogs can finally knock off Radford. I know my boys and they are capable taking a S**t during a game. So we'll see which team shows up.

We also have a couple of sophomores that are seeing significant time on the court.

#7 Chatham 74
#2 Floyd 66

Floyd lost last night with an 11 point lead in the 4th

Two years in a row Floyd coach has blown a big lead in the 4th quarter of regional game. Had Radford down huge last year.

Last year’s Floyd team was much much better than this year’s team. Jon Coles had a career game to get Chatham the win. Think he had 34 or 37? 30 of those points came in the second half. Kid is the best player in the Danville area hands down. Good to see Pittsylvania County back in the state tourney!

REGION 2C BOYS BASKETBALL FINAL: #1 Martinsville 45 #4 Radford 35

The Bulldogs are headed back to the VHSL Class 2 state tournament.

They'll play the winner of Chatham/Gretna tomorrow in the region finals.

REGION 2C BOYS BASKETBALL FINAL: #1 Martinsville 45 #4 Radford 35

The Bulldogs are headed back to the VHSL Class 2 state tournament.

They'll play the winner of Chatham/Gretna tomorrow in the region finals.
We looked rough starting off. Martinsville finally got their legs under them and played some decent ball to finish off the Bobcats.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing 😁😁😁😁
I hate that the Class 2 teams have to play John Marshall and they do too. I do wish they were allowed to play up. They’d actually get quite a bit of competition if they were Class 3 or 5.

Reactions: pizzzzza
I hate that the Class 2 teams have to play John Marshall and they do too. I do wish they were allowed to play up. They’d actually get quite a bit of competition if they were Class 3 or 5.
Class 6 as well, with the likes of Hayfield, South Lakes and Landstown just to name a few.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
REGION 2C BOYS SEMIS: GRETNA 18 CHATHAM 12 — END 1QJamarius Giggets finishes with a nice reverse layup that caps three straight points to give Gretna the two-possession lead after 8.

REGION 2C BOYS SEMIS: GRETNA 34 CHATHAM 20 — HALF

Rayshaun Logan leads Gretna with nine while K’Mari Chatten has eight. Jonovan Coles with eight points for Chatham while Jaden Breedlove has four.

Brenden Hedrick knocks down a huge 3-pointer in front of ‘Cavs’ bench as time expires to pull within 44-37 at end of 3Q.

They dont “have” to play 2A…they can opt to NOT play a VHSL schedule if they so choose. So they DO want to play the 2A postseason or else they would be off playing Paul VI or Oak Hill or whoever…

EGION 2C BOYS SEMIS: GRETNA 65 CHATHAM 53 — FINAL

K’Mari Chatten and Rayshaun Logan lead the Hawks with 17 each while Xavier Waller adds 10.

Jonavon Coles with a game-high 23 and Kobe Reynolds with 7.

Gretna will play Martinsville in tomorrow’s title match.

Last edited:
Graham vs Va High loser will play the Gretna vs Martinsville winner and vice-verse.

So John Marshall can beat you by 60. See how it feels.
Who urinated in your corn flakes bud? Martinsville is the most storied public school basketball program in the state of VA. Covid did a big number on high school sports in Southside VA and it’s good to see Martinsville, Gretna and possibly even Tunstall make it to the state tournament.

They dont “have” to play 2A…they can opt to NOT play a VHSL schedule if they so choose. So they DO want to play the 2A postseason or else they would be off playing Paul VI or Oak Hill or whoever…
I agree with you. They should most certainly be playing a national schedule, especially with the huge kickback they get from Adidas. It’s not fair at all, I’ve never argued that.

Region 2C boys basketball end of 1: Gretna 10, Martinsville 7

The Bulldogs keep it close despite turning the ball over 6 times in the opening frame

41-33 final Gretna. Dogs got it to 35-33 but a couple of free throws and two breah away baskets in the last minute finished them off.

The 2A state tournament is going to be ugly.....

No traditional powers to even give JM a decent game....

Take JM out of the equation and it's a wide open tournament.

It may be an all 2D semi-final if Martinsville and Gretna can't score any better than they did tonite. Man that was a tough watch. But I guess you can say it was a great defensive game if you want to. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT