ADVERTISEMENT

Region 2C Basketball Tournament - Starting 2/19

It may be an all 2D semi-final if Martinsville and Gretna can't score any better than they did tonite. Man that was a tough watch. But I guess you can say it was a great defensive game if you want to. 😉
I agree hrsepasture1. Martinsville looked especially bad tonight.. We started off poorly again. It never got any better.

Toughy299, anyone in 2A knows what time it is. No one is beating John Marshall. We fans from Martinsville aren't delusional by any stretch of the imagination.
No actually 2 teams have had to go through this on this side of the state. Radford and GC. So no your boys haven’t experienced be full court press down by 50 and by the starters at the end of 3rd quarter. If you want it, God I pray you get it and I don’t want to hear a word about it. Your school spends 6k dollars to get embarrassed. Trust me you will not be anxious to go back. The second most winning coach in VHSL retired on what would have been his son’s senior season. Think about that….

No actually 2 teams have had to go through this on this side of the state. Radford and GC. So no your boys haven’t experienced be full court press down by 50 and by the starters at the end of 3rd quarter. If you want it, God I pray you get it and I don’t want to hear a word about it. Your school spends 6k dollars to get embarrassed. Trust me you will not be anxious to go back. The second most winning coach in VHSL retired on what would have been his son’s senior season. Think about that….
Cry me a river.

But if the Dogs do make it to Richmond Ant, and we do get our ass whipped by 50-60, I can guarantee that this Dogs fan won't be crying a river. JM is just a different animal, the kids will do what they can with what they got, and if that's getting beat by 70 so be it. Obviously all the crying in the world is not going to change anything so why do it. It's just a basketball game, if you're going to cry, cry over the situation at the border, or high gas prices, or grocery prices, that seems to be worth crying over.

Reactions: AntGZee
But if the Dogs do make it to Richmond Ant, and we do get our ass whipped by 50-60, I can guarantee that this Dogs fan won't be crying a river. JM is just a different animal, the kids will do what they can with what they got, and if that's getting beat by 70 so be it. Obviously all the crying in the world is not going to change anything so why do it. It's just a basketball game, if you're going to cry, cry over the situation at the border, or high gas prices, or grocery prices, that seems to be worth crying over.
Well said. If we were to make to Richmond, I would consider it a success. I'm not sure what Toughy299 is on but it certainly sounds like he needs a hug.

Call what you want, nothing worse your down 50+ points in the 3rd quarter and a kid from New York who doesn’t even attend the school and lives with the coaches brother is still full court pressing a kid that busted his balls all year just to get there. Until it’s happened to you, you don’t know how it feels to have multiple state championships stole from you because the other team gets to play by different rules.

Call what you want, nothing worse your down 50+ points in the 3rd quarter and a kid from New York who doesn’t even attend the school and lives with the coaches brother is still full court pressing a kid that busted his balls all year just to get there. Until it’s happened to you, you don’t know how it feels to have multiple state championships stole from you because the other team gets to play by different rules.
We'll go to the VHSL and tell them your displeasure with the system and John Marshall.

Reactions: pizzzzza
804 Richmond metro here. JM did petition to move up and play up in C6 or C5. But the Virginia High School league denied if I'm not mistaken.
Not sure that fairy tale is true. I have never heard of the vhsl not allowing a team to play up They do refuse a school to play down If you believe that then you probably also believe in santa claus.........

Well said. If we were to make to Richmond, I would consider it a success. I'm not sure what Toughy299 is on but it certainly sounds like he needs a hug.
So let me get this straight. How many years has it been since Martinsville been to a state championship game? 20 years or 30 years? And you get beat because another team gets to play by another set of rules and you’re good?? Yeah right. It’s like Kansas City Chiefs playing Michigan. You only get so many chances at a state title. It might be another 30 years..

Not sure that fairy tale is true. I have never heard of the vhsl not allowing a team to play up They do refuse a school to play down If you believe that then you probably also believe in santa claus.........
JM has played up before. They were a smaller Double A playing up in Triple A. They were C3 for a few years after and only won 1 state championship while having some really good teams.

So let me get this straight. How many years has it been since Martinsville been to a state championship game? 20 years or 30 years? And you get beat because another team gets to play by another set of rules and you’re good?? Yeah right. It’s like Kansas City Chiefs playing Michigan. You only get so many chances at a state title. It might be another 30 years..
Martinsville won two straight C2 championships in 2015 and 2016.

They have 15 state championships and knocked off Lee Staunton back in 06 when they had that 80 something game win streak in the title game.

Think you may need to do more research before typing.

Bo, don't destroy his narrative with facts. Don't understand all the hostility. JM is playing where the VHSL is telling them to play. Is it fair, probably not, but what can you do. If you want to play them in the championship game, show up and play. If not stay at home and get them to Fed Ex the runner-up trophy. Either way I will be willing to bet the sun will come up the day after the game in Richmond.

My you should do your research Santa Claus and stop crying.

Bo, don't destroy his narrative with facts. Don't understand all the hostility. JM is playing where the VHSL is telling them to play. Is it fair, probably not, but what can you do. If you want to play them in the championship game, show up and play. If not stay at home and get them to Fed Ex the runner-up trophy. Either way I will be willing to bet the sun will come up the day after the game in Richmond.
My thought is that they know that the VHSL requires them to be in 2A. So why stay in the VHSL? They could opt to play a non VHSL schedule (as others have done) and play whoever, wherever, whenever. Knowing that, they have chosen to play in 2A for whatever reason. The argument that they HAVE no choice does not hold water.

I just read on another forum that several of their players attend Richmond Community School and don't even go to JM. Anybody know if this is actually true? IF that is true, the VHSL should at least count the enrollment of both schools when classifying them.

My you should do your research Santa Claus and stop crying.
No crying here bubba,just stating the facts.Maybe you should do a little research. Oh thats right you have a thrid grade education and dont know how..Easter coming soon,be sure to sit your basket out..........

Toughy299!?! Martinsville won back 2 back state championships back in 2015/2016. I don't know what you're on but I suggest you get off of it.

• Haha
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Martinsville won two straight C2 championships in 2015 and 2016.

They have 15 state championships and knocked off Lee Staunton back in 06 when they had that 80 something game win streak in the title game.

Think you may need to do more research before typing.
I knew Martinsville had a bunch of state championships in the 80’s. Knocked off Radford a couple times in those runs. I guess 15-16 was those couple years Radford moved down. For the most part Martinsville has been someone stepping stone. Whether that be Radford or JR etc.

I knew Martinsville had a bunch of state championships in the 80’s. Knocked off Radford a couple times in those runs. I guess 15-16 was those couple years Radford moved down. For the most part Martinsville has been someone stepping stone. Whether that be Radford or JR etc.
LoL you're funny!
Championships: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s , 2015 and 2016. We have never been anyone's stepping stone. Martinsville has 15 chips. No other public school in the state of VA has more. During our back to back run, we played Radford during the regular season. We ran them out of the gym, beat them by 20 if I remember correctly. They did best us the 2nd time in a close game. A few questionable calls at the end of the game helped them out. We've beaten Radford several other occasions after that.

LoL you're funny!
Championships: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s , 2015 and 2016. We have never been anyone's stepping stone. Martinsville has 15 chips. No other public school in the state of VA has more. During our back to back run, we played Radford during the regular season. We ran them out of the gym, beat them by 20 if I remember correctly. They did best us the 2nd time in a close game. A few questionable calls at the end of the game helped them out. We've beaten Radford several other occasions after that.
So you’re crying about a few fouls but no you wouldn’t cry about losing to JM by 60 because they play by a different set of rules. Typical. Just for stat sake Radford has been in state championship game 15 times since 1999. No Adidas sponsorship. Radford is able to field a football team and has had only 3 coaches in 55 years.

So you’re crying about a few fouls but no you wouldn’t cry about losing to JM by 60 because they play by a different set of rules. Typical. Just for stat sake Radford has been in state championship game 15 times since 1999. No Adidas sponsorship. Radford is able to field a football team and has had only 3 coaches in 55 years.
Man go find you some business.

No crying here bubba,just stating the facts.Maybe you should do a little research. Oh thats right you have a thrid grade education and dont know how..Easter coming soon,be sure to sit your basket out..........
That's typical sounds just like a redneck jackass. Bubba 😂.

Reactions: AntGZee
That's typical sounds just like a redneck jackass. Bubba 😂.
hey bubba.i take back what isaid about you. The way you write im not even sure you have as much as a third grade education.Its kinda nice to ride around in my 2022 BMW roaster, so ifs thats what you call a redneck ill take it as a compliment.As ilam nelson says in his movies,good luck in your job working the drive thru at wendys.........

hey bubba.i take back what isaid about you. The way you write im not even sure you have as much as a third grade education.Its kinda nice to ride around in my 2022 BMW roaster, so ifs thats what you call a redneck ill take it as a compliment.As ilam nelson says in his movies,good luck in your job working the drive thru at wendys.........
As a psychologist I deal with narcissist racist people like yourself all the time, you're right not redneck, racist. so the clown has a BMW oh that's a big deal, i don't have to brag about materialistic things they speak for themselves . Why are you on here anyway. This is about sports not about the life of some racist narcissistic clown trying to prove point to people who don't even care.

As a psychologist I deal with narcissist racist people like yourself all the time, you're right not redneck, racist. so the clown has a BMW oh that's a big deal, i don't have to brag about materialistic things they speak for themselves . Why are you on here anyway. This is about sports not about the life of some racist narcissistic clown trying to prove point to people who don't even care.
You started this conversation not me. Iwas making a comment about the sport and you wanted to make it personal.NUF SAID

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT