ADVERTISEMENT

Brooke Point

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
I've noticed Brooke point has silently been riding that number one spot. They have a strike fast offense with that running back but do they have a good enough defense to win it all? Seems like that defense is their weakness allowing a lot of points thus far

I've noticed Brooke point has silently been riding that number one spot. They have a strike fast offense with that running back but do they have a good enough defense to win it all? Seems like that defense is their weakness allowing a lot of points thus far
Yeah, they really are getting scored on like crazy. I can't see them hanging enough points on a Hermitage or Highland Springs to win it if they're going to give up 35. I'm not sure they even get that far, however. The Stafford County schools traditionally give us a team every year that looks like they'll win it all, but they just never seem to do it. We'll keep watching, but I would like to see them start shutting people down.

Reactions: OCBoy
Yeah, they really are getting scored on like crazy. I can't see them hanging enough points on a Hermitage or Highland Springs to win it if they're going to give up 35. I'm not sure they even get that far, however. The Stafford County schools traditionally give us a team every year that looks like they'll win it all, but they just never seem to do it. We'll keep watching, but I would like to see them start shutting people down.
It's a shame we aren't still playing them! We did switch them for Hermitage. Several years ago, HSHS's first two games were Colonial Forge and Brook Point. They have since been switched to Norview and Hermitage.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
It's a shame we aren't still playing them! We did switch them for Hermitage. Several years ago, HSHS's first two games were Colonial Forge and Brook Point. They have since been switched to Norview and Hermitage.
The commonwealth is probably one of the toughest districts in the state. Like Gilliam said every year one team looks like they are going to run away with it all but faults in the playoffs. In the late 90s early 2000s there was a team every year to make it to the state championship. Culpeper, stafford, massaponax etc with Culpeper the only one managing to win it all that time. I've noticed a new trend now that the Prince William schools play the stafford schools now because they are real competition. This year though I'm not sure if Brooke point or colonial forge would even make it to the big game.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT