ADVERTISEMENT

Buckingham

Rooting for your boys BC to get healthy and stay healthy and compete. Same with King William. To much talent on the field and solid coaching at both schools to be setting these things out. Safety first as always, but hoping both schools get to compete and/or get healthy/stay healthy. The entire process is a bit devalued or cheapened to me if not all of the teams are playing, especially top 5 teams like BC and King William and maybe Numero uno, no way to know if not playing.

I know BC finally got their coach a couple years ago and had the team and the coach with a year under his belt to compete for a title last year only for Covid to intervene. I understand the talent is similar this year and that BC could make a run to the title game. I know safety is first, but man oh man, hopefully there is some kind of urgency down at BC to understand the opportunity that likely doesn't happen, but ever so often. Meaning, for all the times to set out one or two seasons, these two seasons probably offer the best two chances in the schools history to possibly play or at least compete for a state title.

Rooting for your boys BC to get healthy and stay healthy and compete. Same with King William. To much talent on the field and solid coaching at both schools to be setting these things out. Safety first as always, but hoping both schools get to compete and/or get healthy/stay healthy. The entire process is a bit devalued or cheapened to me if not all of the teams are playing, especially top 5 teams like BC and King William and maybe Numero uno, no way to know if not playing.

I know BC finally got their coach a couple years ago and had the team and the coach with a year under his belt to compete for a title last year only for Covid to intervene. I understand the talent is similar this year and that BC could make a run to the title game. I know safety is first, but man oh man, hopefully there is some kind of urgency down at BC to understand the opportunity that likely doesn't happen, but ever so often. Meaning, for all the times to set out one or two seasons, these two seasons probably offer the best two chances in the schools history to possibly play or at least compete for a state title.
I certainly hope all of these teams get to settle it on the field. I know for KW, they already felt the sting in the spring season when they had to forfeit their playoff game. As tough as that was, this year's team is on paper one of the best KW teams I've ever seen, and I've followed KW football since 1985, when I was an 8 year old kid. Speed, size, depth, talent all around and a great coaching staff.

You're exactly right man. To miss another season with the talent we have is heart wrenching. 2020 team was fully loaded coming back and this year's team is a bit young but 5 senior lineman all in the 300lb range, 240 HB that broke his leg against Appo 2 two years ago( was having a monster 1st half) and 220lb QB is recipe for success. Hope every school stays healthy and every child stays healthy.

Im seeing on the VHSL master schedule the game is rescheduled for sept 6. Can anyone confirm this?

Im seeing on the VHSL master schedule the game is rescheduled for sept 6. Can anyone confirm this?
Do officials get paid time and half for working a holiday, lol.

I know of a few other schools who were trying to do the same thing and they ran into issues with a lack of official's being available on that Monday.

Appomattox Head Coach Doug Smith texted me at 6:30 pm Thursday saying: "Nothing is confirmed."
Appo AD knew nothing of it as of yesterday afternoon.

That would be a tough three games for Appo in 7 day period.
Friday against 3A Rustburg
Monday against (a good) 2A Buckingham (only two days of rest and practice since Rustburg)
Friday against (a good) 3A Heritage (only three days of rest and practice since Buckingham)

I see the game has been removed from master schedule, how does this game count or not count now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT