ADVERTISEMENT

Bull Run

Probably East Rock or Clarke. Strasburg should be in the mix. The new 8 team district should be strong. For those who don’t know, this is the new Bull Run:

Clarke, Strasburg, Madison, Rapp, East Rock, Page, Luray, Stonewall

Hearing Clarke County may be passing more this year. I'm guessing they end up leaning on Rutherford since they lost Baylor.

Morris at East Rock will be a terror on defense. I'm not sure who is at QB. The Sophomore?

Luray plays physical. Always helps.

I thought Strasburg came on last year. I don't know how much turnover they had outside of Kloosterman (big loss) but Hart can sling it. Is Bray still there?

Hearing Clarke County may be passing more this year. I'm guessing they end up leaning on Rutherford since they lost Baylor.

Morris at East Rock will be a terror on defense. I'm not sure who is at QB. The Sophomore?

Luray plays physical. Always helps.

I thought Strasburg came on last year. I don't know how much turnover they had outside of Kloosterman (big loss) but Hart can sling it. Is Bray still there?
Rutherford probably goes over 2000.

Reactions: FleaFlicker1971
Really curious to see how Page does this year. First game isn't until 9/6 so have to wait a bit to see how they do. Have a scrimmage with Parry McCluer tonight and Fort next week. The varsity roster from what I understand almost doubled from last year. When you only win 1 game a season and then you win 4 last year, I guess that helps bring a few people out. So we'll see how they do.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
As I mentioned in my Jamboree review from last week, Stonewall seemed improved whereas Central seemed down quite a bit from the past few years. So it could be an interesting race up there. Good luck to all our former Shenandoah teams and I hope they will be happy with their move. With the crazy geography of this state, there will never be any perfect solutions to district alignments.

Bray is still at Strasburg along with a nice group of young and hungry backs. Holliday is also back at MLB and running back. Kloostermans older brother Jonathan is in the c

As I mentioned in my Jamboree review from last week, Stonewall seemed improved whereas Central seemed down quite a bit from the past few years. So it could be an interesting race up there. Good luck to all our former Shenandoah teams and I hope they will be happy with their move. With the crazy geography of this state, there will never be any perfect solutions to district alignments.
Central is not in the Bull Run anymore.

Luray should be in some high scoring games. Their offense looked good in scrimmage yesterday, but the defense not so much.

Clarke County’s Rutherford is just a few yards short of 4000 for his career. He could end up close to 6K. That’s impressive.

CCHS has a real chance of regaining the top spot in the BRD.

Clarke County’s Rutherford is just a few yards short of 4000 for his career. He could end up close to 6K. That’s impressive.

CCHS has a real chance of regaining the top spot in the BRD.
1 game does not a season make. That said, Clarke was well prepared conditioning wise. The Gap players were gasping for air in the 2nd quarter. Keep an eye on No. 6, Deonte Trammel. He made a nice tackle on special teams and when the 2nd stringers were put in, he could run the ball well. 135 lb sophomore, but quick and has good instincts! It was a good clean game, although I think Clarke got away with a horse collar in the first half, and we had a personal foul late hit out of bounds that was stupid but looked like heat of the moment. Not many other penalties though. Our recently refurbished field looked great and so did the new scoreboard. A new sound system didn't hurt my ears this year no matter how loud it was turned up to. A coat of paint on the bathrooms and outside concession stand was long overdue, but we really need to demolish the bathrooms and make them larger and more modern.

Oh, and I almost forgot...we now have a train horn.:eek::rolleyes: It's only blown for touchdowns though. My jaw dropped when I heard it. Guess we're gonna get nailed for being copycats.:D:cool::p

Reactions: moto138
1 game does not a season make. That said, Clarke was well prepared conditioning wise. The Gap players were gasping for air in the 2nd quarter. Keep an eye on No. 6, Deonte Trammel. He made a nice tackle on special teams and when the 2nd stringers were put in, he could run the ball well. 135 lb sophomore, but quick and has good instincts! It was a good clean game, although I think Clarke got away with a horse collar in the first half, and we had a personal foul late hit out of bounds that was stupid but looked like heat of the moment. Not many other penalties though. Our recently refurbished field looked great and so did the new scoreboard. A new sound system didn't hurt my ears this year no matter how loud it was turned up to. A coat of paint on the bathrooms and outside concession stand was long overdue, but we really need to demolish the bathrooms and make them larger and more modern.

Oh, and I almost forgot...we now have a train horn.:eek::rolleyes: It's only blown for touchdowns though. My jaw dropped when I heard it. Guess we're gonna get nailed for being copycats.:D:cool::p

I guess I will get to hear the board famous band in a few weeks, but man that is going to be a long drive.

I thought all the players rang some big bell after the games. Sounds like CC is trying to go overboard with the gimmicks.
Sorry, misunderstood the bell comment. Yeah, when Clarke wins a football game, all the players get to run through the bell tower and ring the bell. It's a long held tradition. Dunno why they decided to bring in a train horn. I know one of the Frederick County Schools (Millbrook, Sherando, James Wood) revs a Harley motorcycle after touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT