6. Central (4-2) 101 16.8333
7. Gate City (2-5) 106 15.1429
8. Marion (3-3) 90 15.0000
9. Battle (1-5) 71 11.8333
10. Virginia (0-6) 66 11.0000
11. Lee (0-6) 61 10.1667
12. Lebanon (0-6) 56 9.3333

Last edited:
Appo had 90 , now add 1 for buckingham and heritage each. Add 2 for altavista. Add 18 for W over gretna plus 8 for gretnas 4 wins. That makes 30 points picked up last night for a total of 120. 120/6=20.0

So has any of you points guys had any fun and tried to figure out for Radford and Appo the rest of the way if both win out ? Just for fun .

Just on current record for remaining opponents Appomattox would gain 12 points if both win out. Appo: 16-11 to Radford: 10-16.

That doesn't take into account those opponents remaining games, or past rider points

Reactions: Stabler1980
If Glenvar were to win out against Floyd Radford Giles and Alleghany can you approximate where they might finish seeding wise

If Glenvar were to win out against Floyd Radford Giles and Alleghany can you approximate where they might finish seeding wise

That would require going through all the top teams for their point total. I can give an approximate of their final points.

I get 225-227 (depending on outcomes of GW/Galax and RH/SD)

Abingdon High will have much to say about where Region D finishes at the top. They still play Ridgeview and Union. Richlands plays Graham. It looks like its a near given Ridgeview and Union will be the 1st and 2nd seeds and it will be close for both teams for that 1 seed, and Richlands and Graham will be the 3 and 4, with both teams competing for the 3.

Abingdon will matter more for Ridgeview and Union as to who gets the top seed. Both Ridgeview and Union will be favored in all games remaining including Abingdon, but Abingdon could still make it close in one of those games. But at this point, it looks like Abingdon could beat both Ridgeview and Union and still, both teams would be the 1 and 2. So it looks like Graham and Richlands if they win in round 1, can not meet in round 2, and Ridgeview and Union if they win in round 1, they also can not meet in round 2. It would be the region title game.

That would require going through all the top teams for their point total. I can give an approximate of their final points.

I get 225-227 (depending on outcomes of GW/Galax and RH/SD)
Thanks I understand that would he difficult. Appreciate ya

In C, Glenvar I think will move up to the 3 spot when it's all said and one. They have Radford and the rest of their games they will be heavily favored, except Radford, but they might be favored against us. At 3-3, they may finish 7-3 and if they do, I think they will jump Gretna and Chatham (still has Appo and Gretna left) and Dan River (who still has Appo and Gretna). Gretna still has Dan River.

Only my opinion here, but Radford isn't likely going to do less than 8-2. I think Appo wins out and goes 8-2. Appo will outpoint us and get the 1 spot if we lose to Glenvar. Glenvar, if they win out will finish 7-3, and they would likely be the 3 seed. I don't see how they can be the 2 seed over Appo and Radford, even if Glenvar beats Radford. If Glenvar loses to Radford, I have them at 6-4 as the 4th seed behind Gretna, and likely having to travel the second round of the playoffs to Radford (the one seed).

My opinion only, and I don't like picking against my team, but I would put Glenvar as a favorite over us. Glenvar has played a grueling schedule and I mentioned this earlier in the year, Glenvar will pile up some early losses only to be a major factor come playoff time and if healthy....if healthy, they are still good enough to actually win the region and reach the state semifinals. Not saying they will, but if healthy, they are good enough to pull it off. The problem I think for Radford, Glenvar, Gretna, Dan River, Chatham, and the rest is Appo. I believe by game 11 or the first round of the playoffs, Appo will look somewhat similar or take the form of a 2015 Appo (the team that one the first title). Not 2016 or 2017 form, but certainly good enough. That's my worry.

Reactions: moto138
Abingdon High will have much to say about where Region D finishes at the top. They still play Ridgeview and Union. Richlands plays Graham. It looks like its a near given Ridgeview and Union will be the 1st and 2nd seeds and it will be close for both teams for that 1 seed, and Richlands and Graham will be the 3 and 4, with both teams competing for the 3.

Abingdon will matter more for Ridgeview and Union as to who gets the top seed. Both Ridgeview and Union will be favored in all games remaining including Abingdon, but Abingdon could still make it close in one of those games. But at this point, it looks like Abingdon could beat both Ridgeview and Union and still, both teams would be the 1 and 2. So it looks like Graham and Richlands if they win in round 1, can not meet in round 2, and Ridgeview and Union if they win in round 1, they also can not meet in round 2. It would be the region title game.

There may be a path if RV loses to both Pikeville and Abingdon where Graham or Richlands could jump to the two. I think it would be close. But I also expect RV to beat Abingdon.

Just on current record for remaining opponents Appomattox would gain 12 points if both win out. Appo: 16-11 to Radford: 10-16.

That doesn't take into account those opponents remaining games, or past rider points
Some times i'm a little slow and ride the short bus. I dont understand what your saying here. Will Appo be ahead by 12 points if both teams win out? What does the 16-11 and 10-16 mean?

There may be a path if RV loses to both Pikeville and Abingdon where Graham or Richlands could jump to the two. I think it would be close. But I also expect RV to beat Abingdon.

Good call Ryan. I just saw where Ridgeview plays Pikeville KY? OUCH! No offense to Ridgeview, but Pikeville is bad a%%. That changes things for sure.

In C, Glenvar I think will move up to the 3 spot when it's all said and one. They have Radford and the rest of their games they will be heavily favored, except Radford, but they might be favored against us. At 3-3, they may finish 7-3 and if they do, I think they will jump Gretna and Chatham (still has Appo and Gretna left) and Dan River (who still has Appo and Gretna). Gretna still has Dan River.

Only my opinion here, but Radford isn't likely going to do less than 8-2. I think Appo wins out and goes 8-2. Appo will outpoint us and get the 1 spot if we lose to Glenvar. Glenvar, if they win out will finish 7-3, and they would likely be the 3 seed. I don't see how they can be the 2 seed over Appo and Radford, even if Glenvar beats Radford. If Glenvar loses to Radford, I have them at 6-4 as the 4th seed behind Gretna, and likely having to travel the second round of the playoffs to Radford (the one seed).

My opinion only, and I don't like picking against my team, but I would put Glenvar as a favorite over us. Glenvar has played a grueling schedule and I mentioned this earlier in the year, Glenvar will pile up some early losses only to be a major factor come playoff time and if healthy....if healthy, they are still good enough to actually win the region and reach the state semifinals. Not saying they will, but if healthy, they are good enough to pull it off. The problem I think for Radford, Glenvar, Gretna, Dan River, Chatham, and the rest is Appo. I believe by game 11 or the first round of the playoffs, Appo will look somewhat similar or take the form of a 2015 Appo (the team that one the first title). Not 2016 or 2017 form, but certainly good enough. That's my worry.
You m,ust be watching our games lol. Friday night i thought i was watching the 2015 Raiders again. A little leak or bend here and there but nothing with major harm and a quick recovery. Dang that team had my head shaking all season long with some cautious doubt.

Some times i'm a little slow and ride the short bus. I dont understand what your saying here. Will Appo be ahead by 12 points if both teams win out? What does the 16-11 and 10-16 mean?

That is the current record of the remaining teams on the schedule.

So with the 6 game difference, that is a net gain of 12 points (2 points per win for each defeated team).

That doesn't factor in the rest of those teams schedules or extra rider points for the teams both have already played

Gonna be close. I would be very surprised if an 8-2 Appo team were to outpoint a 9-1 Radford team. I'm sure it's possible, but my bet is that Radford gets that 1 spot if they beat Glenvar. Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to beat Glenvar at this point.

You m,ust be watching our games lol. Friday night i thought i was watching the 2015 Raiders again. A little leak or bend here and there but nothing with major harm and a quick recovery. Dang that team had my head shaking all season long with some cautious doubt.

I got friends in High places brother. In the form of.......officials. Now, don't let that scare you away if we meet again come playoff time! lol I learned a long time ago, if you want to know who is good, who is better, who has great potential, who is not so good, who is improving? Talk to the officiating crews that do that games. I play golf with a few of these guys and these guys know, year after year, more times than not, they are spot on compared to the general fanbases (which includes me).

That is the current record of the remaining teams on the schedule.

So with the 6 game difference, that is a net gain of 12 points (2 points per win for each defeated team).

That doesn't factor in the rest of those teams schedules or extra rider points for the teams both have already played
Thanks Gunz that makes it all clear now, i was way over thinking and not seeing what was dead in front of me.

I got friends in High places brother. In the form of.......officials. Now, don't let that scare you away if we meet again come playoff time! lol I learned a long time ago, if you want to know who is good, who is better, who has great potential, who is not so good, who is improving? Talk to the officiating crews that do that games. I play golf with a few of these guys and these guys know, year after year, more times than not, they are spot on compared to the general fanbases (which includes me).
Very true brother, i may have to take up that bad habit of chasing a ball around.

Good call Ryan. I just saw where Ridgeview plays Pikeville KY? OUCH! No offense to Ridgeview, but Pikeville is bad a%%. That changes things for sure.

Union played Paintsville, KY, who lost to Pikeville 7-6 I believe, at home in BSG and lost. Ridgeview goes to Pikeville.
I'm hoping Pikeville gets them and Union wins out, that would lock up the top seed, but if both teams go 9-1, I could see RV outpointing Union despite the H2H result.

Just going off of guesses on a few games, the top 2 I get (assuming Radford wins out).

Radford: 262-266
Appomattox: 252-256

And if Glenvar beats Radford then Radford would end up with 245-249

Reactions: moto138
Outside of the top 4(D) to 6(C) teams in each region, there is little to no depth or danger in the rest of the region. On paper, there should be a bevy of cakewalks in the first two weeks of the playoffs for the top 4 teams. Would be almost shocked if Radford represents Region C given the injuries they have had and their recent performance against an average Richlands team. They (Radford) will finish with an appealing record due to the nature of their district, but I do not see them playing in December.

Outside of the top 4(D) to 6(C) teams in each region, there is little to no depth or danger in the rest of the region. On paper, there should be a bevy of cakewalks in the first two weeks of the playoffs for the top 4 teams. Would be almost shocked if Radford represents Region C given the injuries they have had and their recent performance against an average Richlands team. They (Radford) will finish with an appealing record due to the nature of their district, but I do not see them playing in December.

I respect your take and agree some and disagree some. Unfortunately, I agree on Radford. We are still solid, but replacing two first team All Staters is tough. If we won the Region though, I wouldn't be terribly surprised. We are still a very good team. Where I have another take is on Richlands. I don't think their average or anything close to it. I think at this very point, they are better than all 4 Region C teams that I have seen in Glenvar, Radford, Appo, and Gretna. I've seen all 8 this year (the top 4 favorites in each region) after watching Union and Ridgeview this weekend. With respect to Appo though, that was game one when I saw them and everything I've heard says they are much like Richlands, just not the same football team as they were in game one. The Richlands team I watched beat us would have beat the Appo team I saw in week one by easily 2 touchdowns and the Gretna team we beat a couple weeks ago would have lost to Richlands by a touchdown or two in my opinion. This is just my take from watching them. I even think Ridgeview would be us and Gretna after losing to Union.

I still think when all is said and done, the two oddballs that have overwhelming talent that will require these teams giving opponents help in the form of turnovers and penalties in order to beat them will be Appo and Graham from the respective regions. Only by take from seeing these teams. Appo in week one, you could see the talent, but you could see the youth and lack of discipline and just not clicking, but you knew it would be a matter of time with 10 weeks of experience. And for Buckingham in Region C, they looked to me as good as all of em in Region D. I was impressed with their speed, size, strength, athleticism, coaching.....all of it. They are absolutely nasty.

If Radford was healthy, they would be my pick to represent Region C going away. Unfortunately, that is not the case. As for Richlands, sure they beat a depleted Radford team at home, but the results against Union, Bluefield, and especially losing to Gate City (now 2-5), do not give me confidence that they are a serious threat to Union, Ridgeview or Graham in 2D.

If Radford was healthy, they would be my pick to represent Region C going away. Unfortunately, that is not the case. As for Richlands, sure they beat a depleted Radford team at home, but the results against Union, Bluefield, and especially losing to Gate City (now 2-5), do not give me confidence that they are a serious threat to Union, Ridgeview or Graham in 2D.

Gotta take some things into account with some of those Richlands games. Yeh the GC game was a huge loss. But Richlands was up 3-0 at the start of the 4th against Union. Then Union scored and Richlands tried to do too much with an inexperienced passer that led to turnovers and TDs. So that game was much closer than the score. The Bluefield game was 24-21 at half. Then Davis took over. That's a respectable showing against this Bluefield team that i would put money on that no one in 2A region C or D could beat them. If they couldve beat GC and also beat Graham we could possibly be talking about them being a number 1 seed.

I will acknowledge that I haven't seen Richlands play this year, so I am taking the scores at face value, and do appreciate the additional insight. Graham will be a good measuring stick for the Tornado in a few weeks, and may determine if Richlands plays at Ernie Hicks beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Was thinking the same thing. But arent we ahead of Graham right now with one extra loss? I see Pikeville beating Ridgeview. If so and Richlands beats Graham couldn't we still possibly outpoint Ridgeview cuz of the tougher schedule? That's assuming they beat Abingdon which i think they will. I would think it would be close if Ridgeview finishes at 8-2 and Richlands finishes 7-3. I know it will take some luck to beat Graham but i think its possible. Man how huge was that GC loss?

I will acknowledge that I haven't seen Richlands play this year, so I am taking the scores at face value, and do appreciate the additional insight. Graham will be a good measuring stick for the Tornado in a few weeks, and may determine if Richlands plays at Ernie Hicks beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Definitely gonna be a tough test for Richlands. Gotta get that defense out of their zone and find a way to move the ball consistently. Lester worries me most with his scramble ability. Havent faced a QB like that this year. Gotta keep a spy on him in the middle of the field and contain the edges. If they can hold him to 100 yds and a couple TDs i think thats a win for Richland's D.

We definitely will not be favorites against Pikeville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT