ADVERTISEMENT

CALYTON CHEATHAM - HANOVER QB

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
As an opposing fan, I realize this posting may seem a bit odd and looked down upon by some of my fellow Navy Nation supporters, but I have to give props when they are due.

Hanover’s quarterback, Clayton Cheatham is a rare talent. Is he the fastest, strongest, or smartest player on the field? No, but with all of these qualities combined with relentless determination, you have a stud who it strikes fear into the heart of coaches and fans alike.

I have heard “one player can’t win a game by himself” a thousand times. Sure, it takes a team effort to get a win, but what I witnessed last night was one kid put a team on his back, have a whale of a game and most importantly a 17 year old that played hard until the final whistle. Even with a running clock his head was up and pointing towards the goal line.

Coach Mills (Dinwiddie) said it best “defensively, we game planned for this kid the entire off season” “I (Mills) told the defense, we are going to sick three of you on him in one defense and two of you in another. The rest of you (Dinwiddie defense), have to make the rest of the Hawks not beat us”. Think about this for a minute and ask yourself can anyone be this good. Yes, Clayton Cheatham is that good. Did he make a few bad decisions? Sure did, but he will learn from them and get even better.

Even while being under duress all night and receiving numerous pounding hits, Cheatham still amassed 317 yards of offense. He ran for 109 yards (27 carries) and passed for 208 (14-33, 1 td and 3 ints.). I was very proud of my Generals last night, but my hat goes off to one of the best efforts I have ever seen on a football field. Great job #10! UVA got a steal……

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT