ADVERTISEMENT

Caroline County

Has anyone seen them? I hear that they have the team to win 4a this year.
Haven’t seen them but i don’t think they have what it takes to win 4A. The battlefield district should be a little more competitive over years past. They could possibly compete with Courtland to take the Battlefield. I’ve seen courtland and they look pretty good just not very deep

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Haven’t seen them but i don’t think they have what it takes to win 4A. The battlefield district should be a little more competitive over years past. They could possibly compete with Courtland to take the Battlefield. I’ve seen courtland and they look pretty good just not very deep
One of my buddies at Henrico said Caroline beat them pretty good and looks really good. Said they should be at the top of 4a. I’ll take your word lol I hope to see them play Louisa in January.

I guess it's possible, but you don't usually see a team go from 9 wins and a losing record all the way to the top, unless they had someone transfer in.

Reactions: OCBoy
One of my buddies at Henrico said Caroline beat them pretty good and looks really good. Said they should be at the top of 4a. I’ll take your word lol I hope to see them play Louisa in January.

I know this thread’s a little old but this is first I’ve seen it. We did beat Henrico pretty soundly back in December. We also handed 11-1 Stafford it’s only loss (as they did to us) thus far and have already beaten Courtland once and then Louisa on Saturday.

I don’t know that I’d say we have the team to win Class 4, but I feel like we could be a threat. I’d put our quickness, athleticism and guard/wing play up against anyone. However, our lack of size and quality depth are potential concerns, as is coaching. I’ve not been fond of the last two head coaching hires Caroline has made going back to 2004, which directly coincides with the program’s fall from the top of the Battlefield over the last decade-plus. I’ve seen enough in the games I’ve been to this season to know that coaching is still a huge issue, and it had a direct effect in the one game they lost to Stafford.

Rest of the season should be fun. There are some real solid teams in the Battlefield and in Class 4 as a whole!!

They are a real solid team no doubt. I can’t take anything away from the win against Louisa. Louisa’s backcourt isn’t healthy Hunter is looking better, Poindexter is lost for the season. Even with a healthy backcourt this game couldn’t have been more entertaining. I don’t think Caroline will win states this year but do believe they’re capable of upsetting anybody on a night.

With that battlefield only doing a four team tournament I think it will seed like this
1. Caroline
2. Courtland
3. James Monroe
4. Eastern View

Those 4 teams can beat each other on any given night

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT