ADVERTISEMENT

Carroll County Cavs

CC hit just enough free throws when it mattered near the end of the game....

VHSL CLASS 3 GIRLS: Final, Carroll County 51, Meridian 47

Reactions: AntGZee
To the doubters out there.....this is one of the best girls teams in the state
They proved in by winning that chip this evening. CC showed a lot of guts 2nite. I enjoyed watching them play.

This game was so close throughout.....

Meridian led Carroll County after a quarter, 15-11

At half Carroll County led Meridian 27-24

After three quarters it was 38-35 Carroll

Meridian had a size advantage, but CC had #1 (Ervin) and # 23 (Hagee - who had ice in her veins at the free throw line in the last minutes)

By the way, Alyssa Ervin is a SOPHOMORE and Jaelyn Hagee is a JUNIOR - both were all-state last year as a freshman and sophomore respectively.

In addition, guard Kalee Easter is a JUNIOR, as is Lauren Alley.

This team will be back next year!

Last edited:
This game was so close throughout.....

Meridian led Carroll County after a quarter, 15-11

At half Carroll County led Meridian 27-24

After three quarters it was 38-35 Carroll

Meridian had a size advantage, but CC had #1 (Ervin) and # 23 (Hagee - who had ice in her veins at the free throw line in the last minutes)

By the way, Alyssa Ervin is a SOPHOMORE and Jaelyn Hagee is a JUNIOR - both were all-state last year as a freshman and sophomore respectively.

In addition, guard Kalee Easter is a JUNIOR, as is Lauren Alley.

This team will be back next year!
I don't think they even have a senior on the team. If so, it's no more than one.

CC hit just enough free throws when it mattered near the end of the game....

VHSL CLASS 3 GIRLS: Final, Carroll County 51, Meridian 47
CC hit the offensive glass hard in the 4th Q and created timely turnovers.

not gonna lie;
when I saw that they were coming
I had to run to the map to see exactly where they are. :D

• Haha
Carroll County was nothing but juniors and sophomores. They’d beat a lot of boys teams . #1 is a sophomore and she’s gonna be playing major ball one day. Alyssa Ervin. BEAST! #23 and #11 were very good too. Wish I knew the young ladies names. They’ll be back next year for sure.

Allysa Ervin was a baller indeed. I think she got a little winded in the 2nd half. That's very understandable, she played both sides of the ball very well. I can see them repeating next year.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Alyssa Ervin family tree dots the VHSL record books. Former VHSL all-time leading scorer Stacy Ervin from Twin Springs is her cousin. Cousin Chad Ervin has state titles at Twin Springs. Cousin Zac Ervin led Gate City to a state title in 2018 and is currently starting at Elon. Cousin Lexi Ervin led Gate City to a basketball state championship a few years ago. Cousin Dylan McReynolds won the Class 3 Tennis state title last spring for Abingdon. Uncle Huey Ervin was a football legend in Gate City in the 70's. Uncle Greg Ervin was a longtime basketball coach at Pulaski and Gate City. Grandfather Kenny Wayne Ervin played basketball at East Tennessee State and coached high school basketball in Virginia for years.

Alyssa's dad played at George Wythe in the 90's and is one hell of a golfer!!!

Great post sixcat. Allysa Ervin should be getting some D1 looks. One Heck of a baller.

Reactions: sixcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT