ADVERTISEMENT

Central (Woodstock) 83, East Rockingham 78

Mar 27, 2015
Didn't catch final score but Page beat Nelson as well.

A lot of high scoring action at East Rock this weekend!

Page beat Nelson on Saturday 77-72. Page was up by as much as 15 in the 2nd half. Give Nelson credit for being scrappy and fighting back. The refs lost control somewhere along the way in the late 3rd and 4th. Page hosts Strasburg tonight at PCHS.

Page had chance to run out clock or shoot free throws at the end of regulation. Were up 2 and brought the ball down and tried an off-balance lay-up. Wasn't a good look or decision but luckily still got the win.

I only saw them play Nelson Co on Saturday at the East Rock Tip Off Tourney. Missed the Central game. Then was able to watch them last night against Strasburg.

Bradley Dovel is key to Page and how they flow. He's good but gets caught up in the moment sometimes and tries to make the big play rather than the fundamental play. That'll be key for Page and how things pan out this season.

Tylor Williams is a shooter, as we all know. If he's on, watch out. One of the best pure shooters I've seen at Page in the last 6 seasons.

Joel McKay is a workhorse. The kid is always in the middle beating and banging with everyone. Just have to keep him out of foul trouble and he'll be fine. Can step out and hit a 3 as well.

Seth Comer is a do-everything-guy. He's solid from the line, can shoot the 3 every once in a while, rebounds well, and plays great defense.

I think in seeing Strasburg, Tyler Fincham, you better keep a hand in that guys face at all times and it may not matter even then. The Brill kid stepped out last night and hit several 3's down the stretch that were huge, as did Adam Miller. Mekhi Hendricks has to be a little more assertive. He's an athlete and seems like he can make a play but needs to follow through more. Really good team that never got down even when Page jumped out on them big early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT