ADVERTISEMENT

Central Woodstock has to forfeit games played.

It is an AD's worst nightmare. Story too vague to know for sure. They normally go through the transcripts pretty well, to make sure they have passed the correct number of classes the previous semester. The other possibility was maybe he exceeded the age requirement. That might be an easier thing to miss when making a master eligibility list.

Unfortunate for this team and puts them behind the 8 ball for seeding down the stretch. Interesting that the matchup this week with KW turns into a game of winless teams technically. Good luck as they prepare to right the ship and make a run through the BR after this tough matchup.

Rumor is it was the qb who transferred from spotswood he was playing for central still living near spotswood if thats the case they all knew they just got caught

Reactions: ONEFAN1
Central will win at least 4 of the last 6, possibly all 6 or 5 of those 6, and they will get in the playoffs as likely the 7 or 8. Would be interesting if they are the 8 and Buckingham is the 1 and Central traveling to Buckingham in round 1. If Buckingham doesn't lose to Central Lunenberg (that game is soon) then they likely run the table and go 10 and 0 as they will be heavy favorites for their last 5 games after Lunenberg Central.

This hurts CW obviously by having to travel and being a lower seed, but it also hurts the likely 1 or 2 seed who will get a nice reward for their efforts in regular season, thus having to face Central Woodstock in round 1 this is assuming Central is the 7 or 8, but if they win out, they could be a better seed than 7 or 8

Last edited:
If the rumor about the QB transfer being the issue is true, I wonder if Barahona moves back to QB? He needs the ball in his hands more than just a few catches and jet sweeps from a WB/WR spot IMO. These are high school kids, so it remains to be seen how they react to what has to be a pretty big distraction for them with a dangerous KW team headed to town.

So from what I have put together, it looks like Barahona is moving back to QB.

I also heard Central is appealing the ruling because the Spotswood transfer's mom works in the Central school system which should help with their case. Also heard they actually live in Woodstock. Also no clue how much the Central staff was aware of the possible situation.

I would be curious to see what rules were broken. Kids play outside of the school zones they actually live in all the time even when they're not supposed to. Not saying that should be encouraged but Central is not the only school who does this, so I am curious as to how this came up and why it was handled this way.

Again, I don't know much. I wonder how their appeal will go and how the rest of their season plays out. They still have to play Madison, Clarke, and Strasburg so the their overall record could really plummet from here depending on how things go.

So from what I have put together, it looks like Barahona is moving back to QB.

I also heard Central is appealing the ruling because the Spotswood transfer's mom works in the Central school system which should help with their case. Also heard they actually live in Woodstock. Also no clue how much the Central staff was aware of the possible situation.

I would be curious to see what rules were broken. Kids play outside of the school zones they actually live in all the time even when they're not supposed to. Not saying that should be encouraged but Central is not the only school who does this, so I am curious as to how this came up and why it was handled this way.

Again, I don't know much. I wonder how their appeal will go and how the rest of their season plays out. They still have to play Madison, Clarke, and Strasburg so the their overall record could really plummet from here depending on how things go.
I am not 100% positive, but I believe eligibility is determined at the time a student enters the 9th grade. So if it is in fact the QB and he entered the 9th grade in Spotswood district and did not make a physical move into another district, he is still considered a Spotswood student even if his parent works for Central district. I believe that he could make the change due to his parent working there, but it would require him to sit out for 365 days. I remember this coming up a few years back and the rule is in place to keep districts from being able to offer a job to an athlete's parent in order to make them eligible. If the parent worked for Central district at the time the student entered the 9th grade and he attended Central from day one of 9th grade, he would be eligible. Again, I am not positive on my rules interpretation or recall.

I don't know the boundaries for that county, but I would think if they were able to provide some sort of documentation that they live in Woodstock and Central HS attendance zone, there would not be any question of eligibility.

I am sure it happens all of the time and most people know about it and look the other way and just move on. However, modern-day times have shown us that people are very spiteful and this could be a case of someone's child not getting playing time or Spotswood people thinking they'd be having an even better season or an opposing team knowing about it and pushing the issue. However or whatever the case may be, once it is out there or questioned the school/district/VHSL will all look into it and if it is found to be a violation, they have to act.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT