ADVERTISEMENT

Central (Woodstock) vs Graham

Pretty even game, despite the score. Two really really bad plays by Central are the difference. It ain't over.

Refs just screwed Graham. Intercepted the ball. The ref standing right their called it an interception. Graham's running offense on field and head ref comes running from 50 yards down the field calling him incomplete out of bounds. I rewound it and it's not even close to out of bounds. WOW

One of the officials right there also made the out of bounds signal, which was weird,, because he had just talked to the other official, and they made simultaneous opposite calls. Then the White hat came over from 50 yards away. If it makes you feel better, Graham got away with a blatant hold on the play that just clinched itand made it 27-7

Now 3 turnovers can not beat a team like Graham turning it over. Central other than the turnovers had a decent showing for the first time here. Graham forced the mistakes. Great season by both teams

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Congratulations to Graham 34-7. 15-0 state champions. I predicted 42-9. I was a touchdown off for Graham. Someone mentioned the facemasks, I did see the one they tackled Graham played by facemask and spun his neck around. Glad he was okay, but can't believe flag was not thrown. Penalties are the only thing that could stop Graham's offense Central never came close to doing it.

Graham loss too much for next year. We will not be that good. I don't see Graham getting out of the district next year. Will be lucky to make playoffs, much less win Region, and if lucky enough, no shot at Appo.

Graham loss too much for next year. We will not be that good. I don't see Graham getting out of the district next year. Will be lucky to make playoffs, much less win Region, and if lucky enough, no shot at Appo.
This coming from the guy who said Graham loses by 2 TDs. I don’t agree with this statement. Graham has a lot of talent returning.

Reactions: 19GHS87
This coming from the guy who said Graham loses by 2 TDs. I don’t agree with this statement. Graham has a lot of talent returning.
I think HokiePokie is being quite coy….Clements returning with their line means Graham going deep again next year. I see a lot of the same competing again…Appo, Union, Glenvar, Radford…I don’t know anything about Central….is Riverheads coming next year or 2024? They will be a factor as well when they come in.

A lot of Centrals core comes back I believe. I know Forbes,Lopez and the qb comes back. Riverheads will factor in the Region. They have played 2a and 3a schools during the regular season for a while. I think they can make Region B real interesting

Reactions: oldfool2
Graham loses some key linemen a talented wr and the qb. They return their skill players and have 3 or 4 outstanding incoming freshmen. If Graham can build a few linemen in the weight room in the off season, they will be very good again.
Central did a good job of stopping Clements early in, but that opened up other weapons for Graham.

I don't know which Graham team you're watching but they're loaded next year, and Dalton Roberts is going to be a stud. Build a couple linemen and Graham is once again the team to beat.

Congratulations to Central Woodstock on a great season even if today didn’t turn out like you would have wanted. Hold your heads high, you fought hard today even though the score may not reflect it! Lots of teams didn’t make it to Salem but you did and that’s an accomplishment! #40 is a freight train, helluva player! I was hoping to see the kicker boot one of those 50 yard field goals as you don’t see that kind of thing often at the high school level. Now that you’ve made it to Salem, you’ll be hungry to do it again and fight hard next season to get there. Congratulations again, Falcons!

As for my GMen, I couldn’t be prouder! You’ve been working hard since January to make this happen and you played lights out today! Thank you for being such a fun team to watch this season! You’ve left your mark on history at Graham High School & SWVA, the first team to go 15-0 & win the championship! We will miss you, Seniors, but you’ve set an exemplary example for those still left! August 2023, I can’t wait!

Dinwiddie sends its congratulations to both Central and Graham.
The G Men were impressive, a special tip of the hat to them.
I find that it so neat that a team that plays the majority of their games in another state is a Virginia Champion. Congrats gang.

Dinwiddie sends its congratulations to both Central and Graham.
The G Men were impressive, a special tip of the hat to them.
I find that it so neat that a team that plays the majority of their games in another state is a Virginia Champion. Congrats gang.
Congratulations to you all too, very impressive win for your team & a good ole SWVA boy!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
A year ago today today, the GMen felt the sting of defeat which served as a catalyst for a perfect 15-0 season this year! The end is often just the beginning of a better story! Keep that in mind Falcons, let it push you harder next season!

Reactions: oldfool2
Central Falcons. Great season to you and I enjoyed talking to some of u before the game. Great people. Falcons were as physical as all get out. Great coached team in Woodstock and u guys aren't done. You'll be back there.

Refs just screwed Graham. Intercepted the ball. The ref standing right their called it an interception. Graham's running offense on field and head ref comes running from 50 yards down the field calling him incomplete out of bounds. I rewound it and it's not even close to out of bounds. WOW
The white hat did not change the call the side judge said the Graham defender did not have control of the ball

The side judge initially awarded it to Graham. If you watch it on NFHS it was clean in bounds interception any way.
At the end of the day, it just didn't matter. Graham was just too good of a football team destined to win it this year. From offense to defense to athletes to lineplay, they were clearly the most well rounded team in Class 2 this year. It would have taken an incredible effort with lots of luck to beat that team I saw Saturday.

Graham was a run team this year because they could run it and didn't have to pass it much. As soon as they had to pass it in big games against great teams, they quickly morphed into a passing team when passes were needed. Most other Class 2 teams just can't do that.

Shout out to Brayden Meadows, kid threw 100% pass completion Saturday if I’m not mistaken . He broke his left hand in the 2nd Quarter of the championship game after breaking his right one earlier this season & still dealing with weekly swelling from it. That kid is tough as nails to play through that & help lead his team to victory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT