ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor 56 Eastern View 28 recap

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
Having to do this from my phone so it'll be short.

Chancellor showed its very potent offense tonight. The Chargers used many weapons in its tool box and showed multiple times what happens when you focus in stopping the run and not keeping receivers covered up over the top. One in particular. And when you cover him over the top guess what opens up. Yep, the Charger O ate it up tonight. The D did a very, very good job too. EV punted often.

So, any complaints? Yep. The first half had way too many penalties. Seemed like anything the Chargers did got a flag and EV did things that were obvious and no flags were thrown. That's the way it goes sometimes. The refs see what they see. They cleaned it up in the second half and dominated. Heck, even the two's put a score on the board.

On to Liberty Bealton next week!!

Are you guys Jekyl or Hyde? Doesn't matter. That was a butt whooping against what was thought to be a top 10 team. No disrespect, but EV has never, ever been able to handle a team that will punch them in the mouth all night. The Chargers are back.

Well, can't figure out how to edit on the phone! Final score was 55-28. Sorry. My fat fingeres and little buttons!!!!

Are you guys Jekyl or Hyde? Doesn't matter. That was a butt whooping against what was thought to be a top 10 team. No disrespect, but EV has never, ever been able to handle a team that will punch them in the mouth all night. The Chargers are back.
The Chargers looked very good tonight. They still have some work to do. And in my mind, they still need to prove some things to themselves. They hit hard, played hard and kept EV on their heels for just about the whole game! The Chargers days are looking up that's for sure.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Having to do this from my phone so it'll be short.

Chancellor showed its very potent offense tonight. The Chargers used many weapons in its tool box and showed multiple times what happens when you focus in stopping the run and not keeping receivers covered up over the top. One in particular. And when you cover him over the top guess what opens up. Yep, the Charger O ate it up tonight. The D did a very, very good job too. EV punted often.

So, any complaints? Yep. The first half had way too many penalties. Seemed like anything the Chargers did got a flag and EV did things that were obvious and no flags were thrown. That's the way it goes sometimes. The refs see what they see. They cleaned it up in the second half and dominated. Heck, even the two's put a score on the board.

On to Liberty Bealton next week!!
Good win chancellor! The offense looked like the EV offense from last year. Chancellor looked good and plays a hell of a schedule so come playoff time they will travel and look to upset someone

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
The classic Battlefield Big 3 is back. Chancellor is my sleeper to "win" it if they tighten up the defense.

Chancellor looked good with some legit players, but I can only wonder what EV woud have been like at full strength, starting RB out Pollard, missing DB/WR Hunter and the D1 OT Leake banged up, not sure how much it would have helped and there can always be what ifs, but i dont think EV is as bad as they performed, but it was a good game for chancellor but at 27-21 in the third qtr even without those guys. Dont sleep on EV yet and although chancellor played well lets not make them out to be the Denver Broncos either, but good game on their part.

Zeus, I respect your opinion and that's what it is. Chancellor was the superior team last night and trust me, anyone who plays football has bumps, bruises and gets banged up.

Regardless of who played or who didn't for EV, Chancellor was much much more physical than EV.

EV most likely will win 7 games this year due to their schedule and this was the 1st opponent they played that gave them adversity.

Good luck to EV, Sherando is tough!

Great write up ChancellorFan....all I can say is wow. I picked Chancellor to win, but they dominated. Sounds like the Charger offense, and in particular the QB and WR just torched the Cyclones. It's clear now who the best QB in the Fredericksburg area is.

Eastern View stepped up in competition and played a physical Chancellor team and I'm disappointed in how they responded. Better get ready for another physical bunch in Sherando....as for Chancellor they have Liberty Bealton next and quite honestly I'm not sure what to expect, but my trust is growing in the Chargers. Amazing that we are already in week 4, good luck everyone

I was impressed with Chancellor. They have some good looking kids and I think next year they will be in the conversation for a state title. The big WR isn't fast (next level fast) but has good skills going up to get the ball. The QB throws the ball up alot and his height makes that a better then 50 50 ball. #55 is going to be very good if he can fill out that frame. They were the better team and very physical (even on the beyond the play side). That being said, EV has been bitten hard by the injury bug, not just bumps and bruises, out for weeks type of injuries. They were without 3.5 great athletes for this game. I don't think the outcome changes, but the score certainly. Other kids are getting their opportunity which will help the program in the long run. Although nobody wants to see kids out with injuries, I am always curious how the team will respond. If the backups answer the bell, when these kids come back, they will be an even better team!

27-21......EV muffed that punt in the 3rd qtr or that game could have been a lot better. Possible these 2 meet again down the road

And chancellor won't beat courtland there is no big 3 that shit is over
Chancellor has always had issues with Courtland, the games have always been close it seems "THAT 1 PLAY" always bites the Chargers in the end..
I said it from the start Chargers need to get the running game going that happens then it opens up thing for probably the best QB that's ever played at Chancellor(When its all said and done) to light things up!.
Courtland will always be the elephant in the room for the Chargers.

Same goes for Louisa for the foreseeable future. Last night's JV game was Courtland 44-16 when I left. The Cougars aren't running out of talent anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT