ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor 59 Powhatan 13 recap

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
I was a little concerned when I saw the Indians get off the bus. They had all the size that a Powhatan squad always has and visions of the past flashed before my eyes. I really thought this was going to be a slug fest until halfway through the first. Chancellor struck first after a punt gave them a short field. Powhatan answered with a power focused drive. After that, the Chargers took control. The D wouldn't let the Indians finish or get very far in a drive. The O played Charger ball and put it in the end zone every time they got the ball except for twice. One of those punts came in the fourth with mostly subs in the game. My guess is the Chargers had 450 yards or so of offense with a good mix between pass and run. I also believe that only one player scored twice which means they spread the ball around like they generally do. On D, the Indians tried to put together a couple good drives but were frustrated all night by a D line that tried to live in the backfield. Not sure how many sacks but at least 8. The Powhatan starting QB left the game toward the end of the second after getting crushed two plays in a row. The back up couldn't avoid the rush either. Chancellor rested most of the starters in the fourth but were still able to get a TD and allowed the second Indian score. A thought that has gone through my mind is wondering if Powhatan has seen a team with as much speed as Chancellor brings to the table on both sides of the ball. Honestly, from where I was standing, they just couldn't keep up.

This was a very emotional game for both teams. They played hard! Both teams were beat up with penalties. Too many for my liking but it appeared to be pretty even.

Unfortunately, Powhatan gets to turn their gear in on Monday. Chancellor will head to Eastern View next Friday for a rematch.

Last edited:
I was a little concerned when I saw the Indians get off the bus. They had all the size that a Powhatan squad always has and visions of the past flashed before my eyes. I really thought this was going to be a slug fest until halfway through the first. Chancellor struck first after a punt gave them a short field. Powhatan answered with a power focused drive. After that, the Chargers took control. The D wouldn't let the Indians finish or get very far in a drive. The O played Charger ball and put it in the end zone every time they got the ball except for twice. One of those punts came in the forth with mostly subs in the game. My guess is the Chargers had 450 yards or so of offense with a good mix between pass and run. I also believe that only one player scored twice which means they spread the ball around like they generally do. On D, the Indians tried to put together a couple good drives but were frustrated all night by a D line that tried to live in the backfield. Not sure how many sacks but at least 8. The Powhatan starting QB left the game toward the end of the second after getting crushed two plays in a row. The back up couldn't avoid the rush either. Chancellor rested most of the starters in the forth but were still able to get a TD and allowed the second Indian score. A thought that has gone through my mind is wondering if Powhatan has seen a team with as much speed as Chancellor brings to the table on both sides of the ball. Honestly, from where I was standing, they just couldn't keep up.

This was a very emotional game for both teams. They played hard! Both teams were beat up with penalties. Too many for my liking but it appeared to be pretty even.

Unfortunately, Powhatan gets to turn their gear in on Monday and Chancellor will head to Eastern View next Friday for a rematch.
EV beat KG 42-14.......KG didn't have much. Should be a real good one next Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT