ADVERTISEMENT

Charlottesville enjoying playoff ride

A Dominion Woodgrove rematch would be interesting indeed...but so would a Charlottesville Dominion rematch. No matter what happens, the next game should be a good one.

Reactions: OCBoy
I'm not sure Charlottesville has the defense to make enough stops on woodgrove to win IMO
I agree bro but you know what? JF didn't last year either. Woodgrove exposed JF so bad even though they lost. If the Cville runners can get to the outside, they can beat Woodgrove with their speed, which is what JF did. I'd say Cville has way more team speed than JF did last year.

I agree bro but you know what? JF didn't last year either. Woodgrove exposed JF so bad even though they lost. If the Cville runners can get to the outside, they can beat Woodgrove with their speed, which is what JF did. I'd say Cville has way more team speed than JF did last year.
Didn't JF have Navy Jones last year? I heard he was pretty fast.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
The Woodgrove QB is a serious weapon , can throw with the best of them, and runs like a deer. If Charlottesville has solid pass coverage without giving up to much in the run, I would give them a chance.

Didn't JF have Navy Jones last year? I heard he was pretty fast.
He was fast. He was small so you couldn't see him half the time and he was ideal for that offense. Once you put a couple solid hits on him, he was done, ask Salem. After Navy Jones and Miller Trent, they were average speed. Charlottesville has the Folleys, Davis, QB Neale, and so many other weapons.

Our secondary is ok. We haven't given up that much passing yards this year, but we also haven't played against a QB as good as Mike Kovich. Heck, the only one that's even been close is Western's Dereck Domeq, and we gave up like 200 pass yards that game, so that can be a problem. I love what DanvilleSportsHead said earlier, that JF's defense got exposed but still won last year. That gives me a lot of confidence. I've said this before and I'll say this again...Neale can run and pass when he needs to, and we have Sabias Folley, and if he is somehow stopped, we got Rakeem Davis, Lorenzo Louderback and Tre Durrett who can all RUN if they get to the outside man. I expect a high scoring game.

The Woodgrove QB is a serious weapon , can throw with the best of them, and runs like a deer. If Charlottesville has solid pass coverage without giving up to much in the run, I would give them a chance.
Not sure I would say that Kovich runs like a deer. He is pretty shifty but the fastest guy in the world.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
That was last year so I wouldn't put much stock into that this year. Where is all this coming from that Charlottesville is so great lately?

That was last year so I wouldn't put much stock into that this year. Where is all this coming from that Charlottesville is so great lately?
Don't think they're so great, however I think their speed is favorable in this particular matchup. I don't see any great teams in 4a West this year honestly.

Don't think they're so great, however I think their speed is favorable in this particular matchup. I don't see any great teams in 4a West this year honestly.
I just think it's funny how all of a sudden there's everyone on the cville bandwagon. I think it's funny. Not saying cville can't compete but I'm not buying them as a contender at all

I just think it's funny how all of a sudden there's everyone on the cville bandwagon. I think it's funny. Not saying cville can't compete but I'm not buying them as a contender at all
I've never said they were a contender nor am I on their bandwagon. I'd love to see OneMan and his Black Knights be successful this year. It's been a long time coming. I've personally has never been sold on Woodgrove. Solid team no doubt, but I'm picking the speed over them. Now I could be all wrong but I guess that's why I'm a sociology major and not a sports journalism major lol .. Go Black Knights!!!

I've never said they were a contender nor am I on their bandwagon. I'd love to see OneMan and his Black Knights be successful this year. It's been a long time coming. I've personally has never been sold on Woodgrove. Solid team no doubt, but I'm picking the speed over them. Now I could be all wrong but I guess that's why I'm a sociology major and not a sports journalism major lol .. Go Black Knights!!!

I'm a little worried about your Rams this year. That loss like week was about like UVA losing to Chaminade in 1982! Well, maybe not quite as shocking, but still a rediculious loss.

I'm a little worried about your Rams this year. That loss like week was about like UVA losing to Chaminade in 1982! Well, maybe not quite as shocking, but still a rediculious loss.
Yes sir me too. Playing a very tough team tomorrow night. We'll see if they're for real next week against Baylor and Michigan State. I'm not a happy Ram :(

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I'd love to see them run the table too just think it's funny about the attention they are getting when their record is what it is

Charlottesville might very well lose this game but this isn't a one year wonder. This is their first winning season since 2002 and it's just the start of a run of winning seasons for them. They return most players next year, and Buford Middle is stacked and went undefeated. As long as those kids continue to buy in to the staff's vision, their future is very bright. Having Rodney Redd as AD will also help, he's already doing little things that will help with bigger things later. They're going to start being a thorn in my Lions' sides more than ever.

Could it be that Charlottesville is enjoying the ride because they are playing well right now? They experienced a 3 game slide late in the season, but have weathered the storm. In my book, that makes them very dangerous! Woodgrove on the other hand is a fully tested team from last season. I think they could be out to prove something this year. I look at this game as a toss-up for sure. One team hitting their stride and another trying to prove a point. Sounds like a ball game to me!

Reactions: blackknight_pride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT