ADVERTISEMENT

Chatham VS Lebanon

I wonder what the mindset is for Lebanon without Buchanan on the mound. Will they be as confident or will they play a little timid knowing their ace isn't gonna be able to hide any mistakes?

Reactions: BayShore Marauder
I wonder what the mindset is for Lebanon without Buchanan on the mound. Will they be as confident or will they play a little timid knowing their ace isn't gonna be able to hide any mistakes?

Their #2 pitcher is 6-0 on the year and is a 4 time state champion wrestler. I doubt if he will let the moment be too big for him.

Plus I would assume Chatham used their ace as well yesterday? Stoots is a good arm for Lebanon, I think they may just pull this off.

Potojecki has the potential to shut down Lebanon. I think Lebanon is the overall better team, and Stoots is hittable. This will be a close game if Chatham hits the ball.

Potojecki has the potential to shut down Lebanon. I think Lebanon is the overall better team, and Stoots is hittable. This will be a close game if Chatham hits the ball.
Chatham up 7-1 going into the bottom of the 3rd.

Wow, another score that just doesn't add up. I thought Lebanon looked terrific for the time I saw them against Page yesterday, so I have a hard time believing anyone could roll all over them like that. Different day I guess....

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
Wow, another score that just doesn't add up. I thought Lebanon looked terrific for the time I saw them against Page yesterday, so I have a hard time believing anyone could roll all over them like that. Different day I guess....
I think Chatham's coach had them prepared.

It’s hard to make it all the way with one pitcher. They definitely rode him as far they could though. I think they did what they had to, Page was better on paper than Chatham. Chatham just got hot at the right time. I remember in 2003 when Amherst won the State they were 9-6 mid way through the season and won 13 in a row to finish. That’s why you play the game.

It’s hard to make it all the way with one pitcher. They definitely rode him as far they could though. I think they did what they had to, Page was better on paper than Chatham. Chatham just got hot at the right time. I remember in 2003 when Amherst won the State they were 9-6 mid way through the season and won 13 in a row to finish. That’s why you play the game.

I wouldn’t act like Chatham was an underdog who got hot. That lineup the last two years can RAKE 1-9 better than any high school team I have seen. They returned 8 of their starting 9 from a state final 4 team a year ago so they knew what the level of play was. Heck in Dan River’s 2017 state title season, the mostly then sophomore laden Cavs took 2/3 from the state champs and won the conference over DR. Also if you pay close attention Chatham’s cleanup hitter Brae Adkins set the VHSL record with 61 RBIs this year! Over 2 a game! No disrespect to Page they were the defending champs, but Chatham should of been on people’s radar earlier imo

I wouldn’t act like Chatham was an underdog who got hot. That lineup the last two years can RAKE 1-9 better than any high school team I have seen. They returned 8 of their starting 9 from a state final 4 team a year ago so they knew what the level of play was. Heck in Dan River’s 2017 state title season, the mostly then sophomore laden Cavs took 2/3 from the state champs and won the conference over DR. Also if you pay close attention Chatham’s cleanup hitter Brae Adkins set the VHSL record with 61 RBIs this year! Over 2 a game! No disrespect to Page they were the defending champs, but Chatham should of been on people’s radar earlier imo
I was wondering the same thing.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT