ADVERTISEMENT

QBs in the central region

Apr 21, 2024
I'll be covering players in Central Va... things I have seen thus far talking QBs today..

1.Jason Wright has transferred to LC Bird
2. Who is this Tatum kid in Hopewell scouts I've talked to speak about him on high regards. Picked up an offer from Army
3.L. Johnson is no longer at Varina and has moved to Huguenot
4. The Springers are also getting a new QB Nelson Layne transferring from James River.

I want to know your thoughts!!!

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Kaleb Wyche is taking over at QB for Varina. Think his dual threat abilities plus all the other players they return make them a serious threat to dethrone Phoebus. Last year there was talks that he’d take over Varina’s starting QB position after he went 5-7 with 2 TDs against Highland Springs as a freshman. He was 5’8 maybe 145? Now he’s 5’10 165, put on some muscle and the summer hasn’t even started yet. He’s gonna take that offense to a new level with D1 Carter at WR.

I’m hearing Herm is getting Freedom Woodbridge’s back up from last year. They’ll still have Ben Yernay who can play anywhere on offense. Pound for pound, Herm may actually have the most offensive weapons in C5 that’s not named Maury.

Last edited:
I'm very interested on how things shakeout for Linwood Johnson. Mainly I just hope he ends up the starter because I was rooting for him at Varina. But on the other side if Huguenot coaches make it work and have a good offense with him, that's gonna really make me question what Varina was doing with him.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I'm very interested on how things shakeout for Linwood Johnson. Mainly I just hope he ends up the starter because I was rooting for him at Varina. But on the other side if Huguenot coaches make it work and have a good offense with him, that's gonna really make me question what Varina was doing with him.
Word is,he’s not gonna start at Huguenot. Scott’s son is reportedly gonna start.

Word is,he’s not gonna start at Huguenot. Scott’s son is reportedly gonna start.
I think you're right especially with Wright leaving Scott son is a reclassed freshman. You think the plan was for him to start his actual freshman year which is Jason family chose to go to bird and if so why would Johnson family enroll him into Huguenot to become a backup to a freshman coming from another class 14 where he was a starter

I think Dinwiddie’s Harry Daulton’s name should be mentioned in the discussion about Central Region’s top QB’s. And watch for Zion Boisseau to be talked about as the season matures. He will be only a sophomore, but he has tremendous upside potential.

Reactions: mike salem
I think you're right especially with Wright leaving Scott son is a reclassed freshman. You think the plan was for him to start his actual freshman year which is Jason family chose to go to bird and if so why would Johnson family enroll him into Huguenot to become a backup to a freshman coming from another class 14 where he was a starter
Keep in mind Johnson's father is on coaching staff at Huguenot so I'm sure that played a part in him going to Huguenot. Early in the offseason I was told he was going to Matoaca which I IMO would have been better for him but we shall see.

Ethan Medley at Thomas Dale is not to be taken lightly. He filled in last year for Ethan Minter when he went down with injury and did not miss a beat. A year under his belt I think he can only get better and the same can be said for Mic'Kahari Tatum. I was high on that young man last season, he was very mature for his age last season, humble young man as well.

I know Tucker is not known for stud football players but they got a rising senior who can sling it in Chase Roberts. He doesn't get a lot of attention because he plays at Tucker.

Danny, you are dead on about Thomas Dale. The only thing that changed when Ethan #1 went down was the last name of the QB.

I’m going to throw an idea out for thought. I believe one of Coach Hall’s strongest talents is developing QB’s. He had a pretty darn good record of such at Manchester. Therefore, I’m going to say that he puts an impressive QB on the field at PG. I think we all agree that the problem at PG has not been a lack of talent, but rather the inability to developed and utilize that talent.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
That's some great insight and makes perfect sense. I need to look up more on Roberts
Forgot all about Landen Abernathy at Manchester. He was a rising stud under Coach Tom Hall at Manchester and I expect that trajectory to continue but worth keeping an eye on with new HC and offensive coordinator.

My top 5 Best QBs in the 804.

1. Jason Wright- Bird
2. Harry Dalton - Dinwiddie. He’s 100% a RB but stats don’t lie.
3. Nelson Layne- Highland Springs
4. Kaleb Wyche- Varina. I want my flowers when he’s the state player of the year soon.
5. Ben Yeanay- Herm

HM
6. Landen Abernathy- Manchester. Most will say he needs to be higher.
7. CJ Scott- Huguenot. The kid’s gonna be big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT