ADVERTISEMENT

Christiansburg Scrimmages?

Thank You.
A little strange. Originally Bluefield had agreed to scrimmage Lord Botetout and Dinwiddie at LB on the 12th. I knew that Bluefield had canceled. I guess they were hedging their bet in case they couldn't arrange the C'burg scrimmage?

A little strange. Originally Bluefield had agreed to scrimmage Lord Botetout and Dinwiddie at LB on the 12th. I knew that Bluefield had canceled. I guess they were hedging their bet in case they couldn't arrange the C'burg scrimmage?
For a small to mid-sized WV school that averages 10-11 wins a year they should have scrimmaged 2 teams that will really challenge them. I don't think Christiansburg fits that bill right now anyway.

For a small to mid-sized WV school that averages 10-11 wins a year they should have scrimmaged 2 teams that will really challenge them. I don't think Christiansburg fits that bill right now anyway.
They scored at will on CBurg in last year's scrimmage..... It may be more of a travel issue. Also, they picked up Giles and replaced Shady Spring, WV with them (a team they usually score about 70 on when they scrimmage).... so that may have played a role, as well. The coaches may want to Check out rival Graham in their scrimmage on the 12th as well, they play them first.

Reactions: mike salem
I was looking forward to seeing how we matched up with their program and style. I guess we will not get that answer now. With LB so highly rated in the new polls, I think we will get a good feel for were we are on the preparedness scale.

But, I do have a major dilemma concerning our trip to LB. Spartan told me about one great place to eat, and Coach Harless recommended a different place. And I can't take the chance of hurting anyone's feelings. So my dilemma is, "how early do I need to leave to eat at both places? So much great food, so little time!

I was looking forward to seeing how we matched up with their program and style. I guess we will not get that answer now. With LB so highly rated in the new polls, I think we will get a good feel for were we are on the preparedness scale.

But, I do have a major dilemma concerning our trip to LB. Spartan told me about one great place to eat, and Coach Harless recommended a different place. And I can't take the chance of hurting anyone's feelings. So my dilemma is, "how early do I need to leave to eat at both places? So much great food, so little time!

"And I can't take the chance of hurting anyone's feelings."

Are you trying to say I'm sensitive?

What place did Coach Harless recommend?

Reactions: mike salem
Tap House

Haven't been there yet. I think it just opened very recently.

The obvious answer is to make a day of it. Leave home about 9:30, hit the Tap Room for lunch, explore our lovely area for a few hours, then enjoy the offerings at Three Lil' Pigs for supper.

Haven't been there yet. I think it just opened very recently.

The obvious answer is to make a day of it. Leave home about 9:30, hit the Tap Room for lunch, explore our lovely area for a few hours, then enjoy the offerings at Three Lil' Pigs for supper.
Sounds good to me. I just need to get my two sidekicks to sign on, and away we go.

Are we going to have the chance to meet up with you somewhere during our visit?

Sounds good to me. I just need to get my two sidekicks to sign on, and away we go.

Are we going to have the chance to meet up with you somewhere during our visit?

Possibly. Although, that would run counter to my tendency to remain elusive and mysterious.

Last edited:
Possibly. Although, that would run counter to my tendency to remain elusive and mysterious.
DP you'll have to hang out at the CVS in Salem on Chestnut Street & Main. I had been trying to meet him for 3 or 4 years and he just came up to me outside the CVS 1 day and introduced himself. If you ever get a chance to meet one another, you are 2 of the nicest guys to ever meet. The only downside to your meeting would be you'd have to break the conversation because like me, you both love to talk football! Great guys, the both of you.

DP you'll have to hang out at the CVS in Salem on Chestnut Street & Main. I had been trying to meet him for 3 or 4 years and he just came up to me outside the CVS 1 day and introduced himself. If you ever get a chance to meet one another, you are 2 of the nicest guys to ever meet. The only downside to your meeting would be you'd have to break the conversation because like me, you both love to talk football! Great guys, the both of you.

Aw, shucks. Back atchya, dude!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT