ADVERTISEMENT

Christmas List

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Since Christmas is fast approaching I was thinking about what I would ask Santa Claus for as it relates to the Dinwiddie Football team/program.

When considering my wishes I wanted to remain positive. Please send your Christmas wishes in care of Bleeding Navy.

1. Turf field.
2. New Press box
3. Healthy recovery for our announcer Mr. Knott.
4. Three 275 pound offensive lineman.
5. Continued community involvement.
6. Beat Salem and deep playoff run. Lol.

1. A legit mobile passing QB
2. More than one receiver with good hands
3. At least one DB on former player Terrell Wells' level
4. Coach Fischer and our little community gets the championship we were gipped on ten years ago
5. Stay injury/illness free
6. A decent kicker
7. Rematch Hanover
8. Bigger visitors' bleachers
9. Our team "leaders" to actually be leaders
10. A Chipotle restaurant

I don't want much... LOL.

Since Christmas is fast approaching I was thinking about what I would ask Santa Claus for as it relates to the Dinwiddie Football team/program.

When considering my wishes I wanted to remain positive. Please send your Christmas wishes in care of Bleeding Navy.

1. Turf field.
2. New Press box
3. Healthy recovery for our announcer Mr. Knott.
4. Three 275 pound offensive lineman.
5. Continued community involvement.
6. Beat Salem and deep playoff run. Lol.
Ha-ha- I agree on the turf field- even after three dry days the grass for our game was still soggy. I also agree on the Pressbox- located on the 30 yard line??? But add new visitor bleachers!! They are not raised off the ground and only about 10 rows deep- on the top row I couldn't really see what was happening a fair amount of time.

As far as Lafayette

1. To successfully replace all our starters that graduate this year- there are many.
2. To go undefeated in the playoffs not just in the regular season,
3. Find out if we will have a new head coach or not.
4. To switch from the wing T to a veer or spread offense. I don't know if in 4a the wing T can make it.

Last edited:
For Courtland:

A guarantee that the field will never be artificial turf.
The return of Doc Hall as DC.
A first down pass.
An actual OC that will call plays based on what the defense provides rather than the "this is what we do. Stop it if you can" attitude.
Good health to all the kids.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
1. Two Stud D-linemen and a couple of book ends in the stocking.
That's all thankful we have every thing else we have, and if I don't see you coaches before Xmas thank you for all you do and have a merry Christmas.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
I would like to see a very fine football player get another chance to play next year. Assuming he is sincere, I would like to see the team and coaches accept him back in.

Ha-ha- I agree on the turf field- even after three dry days the grass for our game was still soggy. I also agree on the Pressbox- located on the 30 yard line??? But add new visitor bleachers!! They are not raised off the ground and only about 10 rows deep- on the top row I couldn't really see what was happening a fair amount of time.

As far as Lafayette

1. To successfully replace all our starters that graduate this year- there are many.
2. To go undefeated in the playoffs not just in the regular season,
3. Find out if we will have a new head coach or not.
4. To switch from the wing T to a veer or spread offense. I don't know if in 4a the wing T can make it.

Just to clarify why our press box isn't on the 50. It once was. The field was shifted years ago by about 20 yards during improvements to the facility. The one good thing about the situation, (which was pointed out to me earlier this year), is that we are probably unique across the country for having a press box on the 30. Even though it's not on any capital improvement plans that I'm aware of, we are all hopeful that additional bleachers and a modern press box isn't too far in the future. Are you listening Santa???

Reactions: CRF4Dan
He heard you loud and clear. Santa says if he can package and resale all the cookies he receives both Mrs. Claus and Navy Nation will be happy. He declined to comment on the field turf as his reindeer frequently feed there. That explains why we have a few bad spots aroung the 40 yard line.

I asked him why he was so nice to Salem being they have field turf. He shocked me when he said a certain Salem fan leaves him good cigars and a cold Stella. Looks like it will be a bottle of Crown and a fat Cuban for the Jolly old one at my house this year. Maybe painting his sled navy and the gifts will give us the edge next season.

He heard you loud and clear. Santa says if he can package and resale all the cookies he receives both Mrs. Claus and Navy Nation will be happy. He declined to comment on the field turf as his reindeer frequently feed there. That explains why we have a few bad spots aroung the 40 yard line.

I asked him why he was so nice to Salem being they have field turf. He shocked me when he said a certain Salem fan leaves him good cigars and a cold Stella. Looks like it will be a bottle of Crown and a fat Cuban for the Jolly old one at my house this year. Maybe painting his sled navy and the gifts will give us the edge next season.
He likes the mild corona cigars and the Crown he likes with the apple flavor. Mrs Claus really had to put her foot down when Santa's A1C went over 10 and his BP was 160/95. He's only allowed 1 cigar a month (that's why I go with Cuban or Dominican) and 2 oz of spirits per week or a heavy beer (Stella) 3x per week.

Damn, even poor Santa? The next thing you know she will have jolly old St Nick joining a health club and drinking a fresh blended vegetable drink concoction.

Reactions: mike salem
This Santa gets a 15 year old bottle of Glenfiddich. Although I am hoping for a Balvenie Single Barrel 15, I doubt it will happen anytime soon!

Not being much of a drinker, I assume that both of these are extremely good bottles of scotch? But the Balvenine is something extra special?

Mike, I finally got around to smoking the last of the cigars you sent me. Your selection was perfect for me. Mild, yet flavorful. Thank you again, my friend.

I'll be passing through your part of the state after lunch today. Headed to Galax with the last of our daughters stuff. Quick trip, I need to be back here by noon tomorrow. Taking 58 from South Boston, so you probably won't hear it, but I'll toot the horn when I'm due south of Salem, somewhere between Horse Pasture and Spencer, I guess?

Damn, even poor Santa? The next thing you know she will have jolly old St Nick joining a health club and drinking a fresh blended vegetable drink concoction.
The AD last night told me you asked about me and the Amherst ladies. Thanks. Heard the food was good but not the spread like we do

Don't blow the horn to long or loud DP, we mostly are sleeping this time of the year in the Horspasture-Spencer area, just waiting on the next MV football season. Merry Christmas to all!

DP is a horrible driver, so when he says horsepasture he could literally end up in one. Lol. He is very fond of his backroads and the friends he has met on preps. Thanks @hrsepasture1 you probably made his day by responding. Merry Christmas.

Not being much of a drinker, I assume that both of these are extremely good bottles of scotch? But the Balvenine is something extra special?
I am not much of a drinker myself, but I have taken several scotch tasting demonstrations and the Balvenie is primo, usually the last one on the itinerary. However, there are many different styles of scotch, based on the region of Scotland they come from, so the flavors are varied. I truly enjoy a very smooth scotch that has been aged in a sherry cask, and the 15 year old Glenfiddich fits that bill. If I wanted something to clear my eyes and nose, Laphroig is the best. Balvenie is heaven in a bottle, and the best ones start at $250 and go up. Balvenie and Glenfiddich are from the Speyside region of Scotland.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT