ADVERTISEMENT

Class 2A All State

I was wondering if this had been posted yet. Thank you for sharing. A question for the diehard Graham folks on here. How did a 10th grader get 1st team Region and All State over a senior that had a tremendous season? I know my eyesight is starting to fade in my old age but I didn't see this coming at all. The Dolan kid had a heck of a season.

I was wondering if this had been posted yet. Thank you for sharing. A question for the diehard Graham folks on here. How did a 10th grader get 1st team Region and All State over a senior that had a tremendous season? I know my eyesight is starting to fade in my old age but I didn't see this coming at all. The Dolan kid had a heck of a season.
I’d like that question answered also. I don’t know if there was a mix up when names were submitted or if it’s because of some other reason. Dang shame! Dolan deserved All Region & All State. Truthfully, Graham’s entire D Line deserves it but defer to the Seniors with all things being equal.

Last edited:
Graham had a great D line this year. I don't live in the area anymore but was able to catch a few games in the regular season and a couple playoff games. I watched several on nfhs as well. I'm not knocking the Hill kid at all but the games I seen Dolan was impressive. That game against Appo he lived in their backfield. Pretty bad deal for a senior. Did he have off the field issues?

Graham had a great D line this year. I don't live in the area anymore but was able to catch a few games in the regular season and a couple playoff games. I watched several on nfhs as well. I'm not knocking the Hill kid at all but the games I seen Dolan was impressive. That game against Appo he lived in their backfield. Pretty bad deal for a senior. Did he have off the field issues?
Not at all! Good kid, good work ethic, great leader on the field.; zero discipline issues! I was told Hill was related to one of the assistants. I’m not saying that played a part. I didn’t even know it until the All Region was named.

Appo was absolutely Dolan’s best game of the season to that point. He’s been solid all year though. That’s why I hate these things, there’s always a kid or two that don’t get the recognition they’ve earned. I’m not saying Hill doesn’t deserve recognition but if all things are equal & you’re only guaranteed X number of spots, defer to the Senior. This is a question best answered by the HC I guess because I certainly don’t understand.

Cant speak on the Graham situation but have seen it on numerous occasions. “POLITICS”

I talked to a good friend of mine who has a kid on Graham's team. As a couple of you suspected it's pretty apparent POLITICS definitely played a roll in this one. Turns out I worked with this kids mom several years ago at Bluefield Regional before she became paralyzed. Bad situation. This is not a good look for the football program.

I was unable to see the All-State teams and got some message on a McDonalds page (??) Was the kid in question a First Team All Region selection ? I think to be considered for All-State, you have to be 1st Team All-Region…not sure. If he was 1st Team All-Region then????

I was unable to see the All-State teams and got some message on a McDonalds page (??) Was the kid in question a First Team All Region selection ? I think to be considered for All-State, you have to be 1st Team All-Region…not sure. If he was 1st Team All-Region then????
He wasn’t but should have been, the 10th grader was on 1st Team All Region, Dolan was 2nd Team All Region.

Reactions: High School Sportz2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT