Class 5 Championship

Who and Why

• Stone Bridge

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Maury

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just think that's like the most convenient argument in the world. Stonebridge made really good plays against a really good football team that forced mistakes. Just like Maury did to Stonebridge all night long.

Stonebridge loses their starting QB, loses another offensive starter because they move him to QB, and loses a starting skill player and is able to keep it to 11 points against a team that had an average MoV of 47 points.

Just don't think you can sit there with a straight face and say "one team is in a totally different class than the other".

Huge congrats to Maury. Spectacular football team that was a ton of fun to watch. Going back to a convo from earlier in this thread, I think GC probably beats them, but they would'v beat QO by a few scores. Would LOVE to watch them play Martinsburg.

Congrats to Maury on the victory. A championship team for sure. I thought Jordan Kaiser held up very well at QB for SB. He is a receiver/wingback and didn’t play QB this year at all. Myles Turpin likely would have been in at QB, but he went out in the 2nd quarter.

Maury has a tremendous staple of athletes. Congrats again to the Commodores.

SB coach wouldn’t shake Coach McCain’s hand after the game again…
You have any more details here? On the stream looked like entire stonebridge team was at the 50 waiting for a few minutes, but didn't know if shake was supposed to be after the trophies or before.

Coach Thompson and Stone Bridge were lined up at the 50 to shake. Not sure why Maury wasn’t lining up. Maybe the trophy celebration was being rushed by the VHSL officials. Sort of odd.

Reactions: CHUKNOW
You have any more details here? On the stream looked like entire stonebridge team was at the 50 waiting for a few minutes, but didn't know if shake was supposed to be after the trophies or before.
It’s bad blood between the two coaching staffs and it seems mainly SB’s coach

Coach Thompson and Stone Bridge were lined up at the 50 to shake. Not sure why Maury wasn’t lining up. Maybe the trophy celebration was being rushed by the VHSL officials. Sort of odd.
Stone Bridge walked off the field and didn’t accept their second place trophy…but word is VHSL told them to leave the field because of the bad blood between coaching staffs

Not buying that one bit. Even if they didn't shake hands (which is unsportsmanlike), Mickey, should've had his team out there during the awards presentation. That was really classless and I'm not surprised by these actions at all.

I will say I watched Thompson take a full on whipping this year in person, after the game he dutifully got his team in line and shook hands. With the respect I’ve seen from HS people toward SB, I think it’s fair to assume he’s shown similar grace after coming up short against them as well. Don’t think it’s fair to say he’s a sore loser, seems it’s an issue with Maury in particular.

Reactions: WP02alum
Is he a sore loser? Or does he just have a problem with Maury’s coaches?
Whatever you want to call it. I barely watch Stone Bridge these days but have seen the last 3 Maury matchups. Heard what he said to McCain in the handshake line after the Hail Mary. He doesn’t have to like the coaches but he damn sure needs to show McCain respect because win or lose I know McCain not having his boys walk off like yesterday.

I don’t know enough to call it anything. But it’s two different things and you refuse to acknowledge which one it is.

The details are probably too fuzzy for everyone at this point but didn't this all start from a legit misunderstanding from the 2019 championship game? Think I remember something about a fan or fans talking trash and being confused for as coaches?

Doesn’t Maury have an assistant coach who unapologetically talks trash online?

HooSprings loves to come up all types of excuses when his beloved Springers loose I.e. (Springers lack chemistry) but neglects facts and has a hard time given credit when credit is due. The hometown refs kept that 1st meeting close!!! He knows that!!!
He's dishing out excuses over here too, huh?? 😂

Doesn’t Maury have an assistant coach who unapologetically talks trash online?
And he is still their win or lose after the game shaking hands. Much love to Coach Priv. Been the same dude since his playing days. He’s unapologetically himself.

And he is still their win or lose after the game shaking hands. Much love to Coach Priv. Been the same dude since his playing days. He’s unapologetically himself.
Some might say talking some kind of way online, then trying to act like a professional in-person means you’re not a real one. Some people don’t just shrug off wild comments online, and that’s something Priv should expect if he’s going to act that way. Can’t pretend like the people reacting to his online foolishness are unprofessional. Doesn’t make sense. Can’t have it both ways. Earn respect if you want it. If you say foolish stuff, don’t act surprised when people treat you like a fool.

Some might say talking some kind of way online, then trying to act like a professional in-person means you’re not a real one. Some people don’t just shrug off wild comments online, and that’s something Priv should expect if he’s going to act that way. Can’t pretend like the people reacting to his online foolishness are unprofessional. Doesn’t make sense. Can’t have it both ways. Earn respect if you want it. If you say foolish stuff, don’t act surprised when people treat you like a fool.
Well Coach McCain has no online presence in those groups talking trash and that’s who Coach Thompson seems to have a problem with…nice try trying to put Priv in the seat. Their beef started well before those groups were even created by the way…

Well Coach McCain has no online presence in those groups talking trash and that’s who Coach Thompson seems to have a problem with…nice try trying to put Priv in the seat. Their beef started well before those groups were even created by the way…
Oh, it’s all speculation from me. You seem to know specifics. I guess it’s fine if you don’t want to share.

Just watched the game broadcast and watched Stone Bridge wait at the 50 yard line to shake hands for about 10 minutes while Maury ignored them and celebrated.

Incredible that this somehow has been twisted into Stone Bridge disrespecting Maury. Like, literally it’s the opposite. Don’t most teams line it up and shake hands prior to the celebration and awards presentation?

Listen, if there’s more than meets the eye, and you have the details, speak. But to the casual observer, it looks like Maury were the only ones at fault for the lack of handshakes at the end.

Just watched the game broadcast and watched Stone Bridge wait at the 50 yard line to shake hands for about 10 minutes while Maury ignored them and celebrated.

Incredible that this somehow has been twisted into Stone Bridge disrespecting Maury. Like, literally it’s the opposite. Don’t most teams line it up and shake hands prior to the celebration and awards presentation?

Listen, if there’s more than meets the eye, and you have the details, speak. But to the casual observer, it looks like Maury were the only ones at fault for the lack of handshakes at the end.
Both teams were lined up the same way. It’s people standing in between the teams for a reason lol. I’m not getting into specifics up here because it ain’t my business to tell. Just know it’s beef.

Both teams were lined up the same way. It’s people standing in between the teams for a reason lol. I’m not getting into specifics up here because it ain’t my business to tell. Just know it’s beef.
It‘s kinda wack to talk about Coach Thompson negatively, then refuse to discuss what you know about the beef under the guise of “it’s not my place to discuss”.

Some of what you said is true. Maybe 45%. But only maybe and might it only be that 1 thing is true. All it takes to be treated unprofessionally by anyone on VirginiaPreps is to post anything that contradicts anything that anyone else might or might not agree with. You can never be right. You cannot write enough to support anyone else's team but if you post anything against anyone's team look out below! It is easy, with hindsight of course, to say that being brash is what will cause the negative reaction but I have been on VaPreps long enough to know better. God protect you if you posted any information that contradicted the writers or the previous senior editor. Imagine that. Tell me you don't remember adults from VaPreps calling Ronald Curry and Bobby Blizzard every name under the Sun after they decided not to go to UVa. Tell me you don't remember those same adults claiming that they did not do it! So, you are right about one thing. You cannot have it both ways but historically everyone on VaPreps keeps right on trying.

Yes Kenneth, Rod called you names. We’ve heard you.
I think people love complaints when it is them complaining with their complaints about others speaking freely. So it is always gonna be Maury or Maury's coach or Highland Springs or Highland Springs Coach said this or said that. It can never be that the VHSL has had schools named for some of the worst human beings to ever walk the planet. It cannot be that you don't want to hear Phoebus players chanting while making plans with orgnizations that covered up pedophilia. It cannot be that Coach Thompson needs to quit and might be a bad decision maker. And please do not remind you that you might be one those hypocrites that points the finger but was calling other kids out of their name. You are right about Rod. Keep repeating it please because I will. One day you and him will say that it never happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT