Finals:
Will it be StoneBridge vs HSHS?
or
North Stafford vs Maury?
or
HSHS vs North Stafford?
or
Stone Bridge vs Maury?
Personally, I'd like North Stafford vs HSHS!

Maury vs Highland Springs
Stone Bridge vs North Stafford
Finals:
Will it be StoneBridge vs HSHS?
or
North Stafford vs Maury?
or
HSHS vs North Stafford?
or
Stone Bridge vs Maury?
Personally, I'd like North Stafford vs HSHS!

Accomplished class these final four teams are...

This is Highland Springs 12th trip to the state semifinals where they are 5-6!
This is Stone Bridge's 11th trip to the state semifinals where they are 7-3!
This is North Stafford's 5th strip to the state semifinals where they are 1-3!
This is Maury's 2nd trip to the state semifinals where they are 1-0!

These four have combined for 4 state titles and played in a total of 14 state finals.

Reactions: springer76
Accomplished class these final four teams are...

This is Highland Springs 12th trip to the state semifinals where they are 5-6!
This is Stone Bridge's 11th trip to the state semifinals where they are 7-3!
This is North Stafford's 5th strip to the state semifinals where they are 1-3!
This is Maury's 2nd trip to the state semifinals where they are 1-0!

These four have combined for 4 state titles and played in a total of 14 state finals.

North Stafford vs HS is my pick
Me too!!! How suiting would it be? HSHS and NSHS scrimmaged August 4th. It was the first scrimmage for both team and if they met in the State Championship game for all the marbles! This makes for a great story!!
In that scrimmage, I remember that Devyn Ford blistered HS a couple of times (1 a long td run), but HS did score I think 5 times to 3 for NS... I know HS won the scrimmage, but don't hold my memory accountable for the 5 to 3 tds ( which would make NS the only team to score more than 2x against the HS defense)... Let me know if you remember more!!!
I have heard that these two will meet in the regular season next year too. Can anyone confirm that?

Me too!!! How suiting would it be? HSHS and NSHS scrimmaged August 4th. It was the first scrimmage for both team and if they met in the State Championship game for all the marbles! This makes for a great story!!
In that scrimmage, I remember that Devyn Ford blistered HS a couple of times (1 a long td run), but HS did score I think 5 times to 3 for NS... I know HS won the scrimmage, but don't hold my memory accountable for the 5 to 3 tds ( which would make NS the only team to score more than 2x against the HS defense)... Let me know if you remember more!!!
I have heard that these two will meet in the regular season next year too. Can anyone confirm that?

Do you want to see NSHS because you feel they will be better competition for HSHS than a Stone Bridge match up or is it for the nostalgia of seeing NSHS again because you scrimmaged them?

Do you want to see NSHS because you feel they will be better competition for HSHS than a Stone Bridge match up or is it for the nostalgia of seeing NSHS again because you scrimmaged them?
Both! They are talented enough to give the Springers a game and the nostalgia would be, as I said, fitting!

Solid. Well we plan to give NSHS and Devyn Ford all they can handle and if it is meant to be we will put HSHS to the test on 12/8!!!
I like it! I know the Bulldogs wants to win a State Title real bad! But first, we both must win against our "capable" opponents this Saturday! Let's say we both do! How is Stone Bridge's passing game?. We know about your single wing offense and how it works. Even out of the spread formation.
HSHS has a defense this year like no defense they've ever had! They are big, strong and lightning fast! The offense matches it! If anybody is going to beat the Springers, they'd better do it this year! It will be a tall task!
The thing about this team is, the offensive and defensive front 7 are basically all JUNIORS! The Springers might be even tougher next year! Remember, last year was a rebuilding year for us, sophomore loaded! Wait until you see our this year's sophomores on next years team! We have a sophomore qb that might be better than our varsity qb! Loaded with running backs and receivers too!
Our jv finished 10-0. Only 1 team scored against them this team. 9 shutouts 10 games!

Last edited:
I like it! I know the Bulldogs wants to win a State Title real bad! But first, we both must win against our "capable" opponents this Saturday! Let's say we both do! How is Stone Bridge's passing game?. We know about your single wing offense and how it works. Even out of the spread formation.
HSHS has a defense this year like no defense they've ever had! They are big, strong and lightning fast! The offense matches it! If anybody is going to beat the Springers, they'd better do it this year! It will be a tall task!
The thing about this team is, the offensive and defensive front 7 are basically all JUNIORS! The Springers might be even tougher next year! Remember, last year was a rebuilding year for us, sophomore loaded! Wait until you see our this year's sophomores on next years team! We have a sophomore qb that might be better than our varsity qb! Loaded with running backs and receivers too!
Our jv finished 10-0. Only 1 team scored against them this team. 9 shutouts 10 games!

SB is well rounded and peaking at the right time. I am sure our coaching staff will dial up a nice game plan for you guys. To answer your question, our passing game is on point, our running game is thorough, and our DB's are ready to put that work in with your WR's but like you said we are focused on NSHS and the task at hand. I will say like HSHS we have a bunch of athletes as well and our 2 losses this year can be chalked up to character building opportunities. Good luck on Saturday!

SB is well rounded and peaking at the right time. I am sure our coaching staff will dial up a nice game plan for you guys. To answer your question, our passing game is on point, our running game is thorough, and our DB's are ready to put that work in with your WR's but like you said we are focused on NSHS and the task at hand. I will say like HSHS we have a bunch of athletes as well and our 2 losses this year can be chalked up to character building opportunities. Good luck on Saturday!
Do you consider winning 4 of the last 6,including 3 of them the HSHS JV could beat,peaking?! Forgive me if I don’t agree with the overstated words. Your coaching staff hasn’t seen anyone remotely good,or as fast as Highland Springs since 2016 State Finals,nor has any of the players. I can promise you,Tusky nor Broad Run is anywhere close to the level of Highland Springs,and BOTH of them beat SB during their “character building”. HSHS is not a character builder! They are a completely different level than SB has seen in 2 years,and HSHS just won the 2017 title with “basically” a JV team(returned 18 starters including 9 Sophomores),and without the best corner in the state(ankle injury in the game of the regular season).
This is a very experienced(still young) team that has faced some of the state’s best teams,and has won 27 in a row. They’ve faced great athletes,great QBs,great RBs,D1 talent galore on both sides of the ball,and has even traveled 8 out of 13 games this yr. The coaches have seen the single wing,and seen it with a good throwing QB. Your passing game has been “on point” vs average,at best, secondaries. Your running game has always been “thorough”,but it hasn’t faced a front 7 as big and FAST as The Springers,again...since 2016. Sorry,but I know for a fact that SB’s secondary hasn’t seen a passing game like the Springer’s. The bigger question is...has SB’s defense faced a dual-threat D1 QB,D1 RB,3-D1 WRs at the same time this year,playing behind an experienced O-line?

You may beat NSTAFFORD,but HSHS is 2 scores better than either team. Good luck this week(gonna be a wet Friday and Saturday). Looking forward to Dec 8 in Hampton!

As @springer76 said....3 years ago was just the beginning. last year was supposed to be a “rebuilding year”.Wait til you see this team the next 2-3 years if you think THIS year’s team is good!

You’ve got a good team and great program. It’s a credit to your coach,staff,and players.

Guys, literally everyone knows about HSHS. Not sure why you keep posting this same multi-paragraph thing with a million !!!!! multiple times every week.

Just because the guy said SB is on-point doesn’t mean you need to respond with all the same info on HS again.

I don’t think ANYONE doubts HS’ credentials.

Guys, literally everyone knows about HSHS. Not sure why you keep posting this same multi-paragraph thing with a million !!!!! multiple times every week.

Just because the guy said SB is on-point doesn’t mean you need to respond with all the same info on HS again.

I don’t think ANYONE doubts HS’ credentials.
I guess I was trying to find out why he thinks they’re “on point”,as to what competition they are facing to make him feel that way. By stating what elite looks like would give him a reference as to what they’ve faced to be considered “on point”. Didn’t mean to go so in depth again. Just giving a valid comparison. Sorry to upset anyone!

I don’t think ANYONE doubts HS credentials.
You have the same tolerance for Tom Foolery as I do.

He boasts HSHS resume every time he punches the keys. I mean gosh they should be playing in the ACC with all this depth.

Highland Springs has played NOBODY all season(Lee Davis(joke), Meadowbrook(joke), Hermitage(joke), Hanover(joke), Henrico(dysfunctional jokes-Talent is overrated too) and Patrick Henry(joke). What do you think Broad Run or SB would do with the same schedule?? Stop with the, "we play the best", cuz you don't. Playing SB, Broad Run and Tuscarora not to mention Division 6 teams on the schedule is way better than the "talent" HSHS saw this year. Get over yourself(HooSprings), you aren't a player, you wont get a ring.

I guess I was trying to find out why he thinks they’re “on point”,as to what competition they are facing to make him feel that way. By stating what elite looks like would give him a reference as to what they’ve faced to be considered “on point”. Didn’t mean to go so in depth again. Just giving a valid comparison. Sorry to upset anyone!

We are concerned about getting better each week and limiting mistakes. So when I say we are peaking that is exactly what I meant. It doesn't matter who we won or lost against. I DO NOT speak for the team but you don't seriously think that as one commenter stated early in another post that "SB is up there in Northern VA in their clubhouses" trembling in fear of facing HSHS do you?

We heard about the transfers you got this year, about this defense that is the best in state, and your "dynamic" offense lol. Please do not mistake us as being one dimensional and only knowing how to run the single wing. Win, lose or draw expect a game on 12/8. Will you break a long run??? Maybe. Will you get a sack or 2??? Possibly. But know that we will put HSHS to the test.

With all that said, we are a one week at a time program and do not look ahead, this weeks attention has been dedicated to NSHS. Good luck against Maury!

T Man aint the best CB in the state, he's a dog and has swag on the field that his teammates feed off of, but he's NOT the best CB in the state of VA(selling wolf tickets ). Also, SB can put up points, name a team this year that HSHS has played that can come close to beating SB.......

He boasts HSHS resume every time he punches the keys. I mean gosh they should be playing in the ACC with all this depth.

Highland Springs has played NOBODY all season(Lee Davis(joke), Meadowbrook(joke), Hermitage(joke), Hanover(joke), Henrico(dysfunctional jokes-Talent is overrated too) and Patrick Henry(joke). What do you think Broad Run or SB would do with the same schedule?? Stop with the, "we play the best", cuz you don't. Playing SB, Broad Run and Tuscarora not to mention Division 6 teams on the schedule is way better than the "talent" HSHS saw this year. Get over yourself(HooSprings), you aren't a player, you wont get a ring.
Please don't discredit nothing our players and staff have worked hard for or accomplished because you disagree or dislike opinions of fans. They are just that fans and don't speak for the HSHS football program but their own opinions. Base your comments towards the individual not HSHS cause we focus on BUILDING CHAMPIONS WITH CHARACTER not just football players. As for as schedule this year, we have no control over this or that team being down this year cause we can only control what we can and that's making sure our players are in position on and off field to be successful. Our players and coaches don't talk trash on social media, we just go play football for our brother beside us. Also, all the teams you mentioned have gone to playoffs last couple of seasons on regular basis even MBK with .500 record. WE FOCUSED ON MAURY right now so Good Luck to all this wknd!!

Last edited:

LMAO! You forgot a few teams....Tuscarora,NRiver,Hermitage last year. This is the SAME TEAM(18 out of 22)that ran the table as Sophomores and Juniors LAST YEAR. They HAVE faced SB talent. Heck,the MLB watched them cry,2 years in a row,ON THE FIELD,as a freshman and Sophomore,while HSHS celebrated their first and second titles. Never said anyone was gonna be scared,but I AM SAYING...they ARE 2 scores better than anyone left. IR was supposed to be “the team” to give HSHS a game,and they got handed their butts last week. If you hate facts....again....not my problem! I told everyone their secondary was their weakness,and I was right!

Other teams ARE talented,but this collection of players ARE battle tested vs the state’s best over the last 27 games. FYI...I’d take Henrico,with Jones at QB,over SB,and HSHS routed them WITH him.

A little cockiness never hurt anyone...when it’s backed up!! As far as a ring....maybe I get one,and maybe I don’t. The beauty behind obscurity!

28-14 #4

Please don't discredit nothing our players and staff have worked hard for or accomplished because you disagree or dislike opinions of fans. They are just that fans and don't speak for the HSHS football program but their own opinions. Base your comments towards the individual not HSHS cause we focus on BUILDING CHAMPIONS WITH CHARACTER not just football players. As for as schedule this year, we have no control over this or that team being down this year cause we can only control what we can and that's making sure our players are in position on and off field to be successful. Our players and coaches don't talk trash on social media, we just go play football for our brother beside us. Also, all the teams you mentioned have gone to playoffs last couple of seasons on regular basis even MBK with .500 record. WE FOCUSED ON MAURY right now so Good Luck to all this wknd!!
I agree 100% with everything you said @vtperry! As I just posted...look at the teams these kids have faced over the last 2 years. These kids have stood strong,beside their coaches,represented with class,and made a small community very proud of every one of them. A very good Maury team is up next. Let’s go HSHS!!

I admit...I can be a little cocky,but I only admire the talent,respect,and joy this team has provided our community. I guess I could back it down a little!

LMAO! You forgot a few teams....Tuscarora,NRiver,Hermitage last year. This is the SAME TEAM(18 out of 22)that ran the table as Sophomores and Juniors LAST YEAR. They HAVE faced SB talent. Heck,the MLB watched them cry,2 years in a row,ON THE FIELD,as a freshman and Sophomore,while HSHS celebrated their first and second titles. Never said anyone was gonna be scared,but I AM SAYING...they ARE 2 scores better than anyone left. IR was supposed to be “the team” to give HSHS a game,and they got handed their butts last week. If you hate facts....again....not my problem! I told everyone their secondary was their weakness,and I was right!

Other teams ARE talented,but this collection of players ARE battle tested vs the state’s best over the last 27 games. FYI...I’d take Henrico,with Jones at QB,over SB,and HSHS routed them WITH him.

A little cockiness never hurt anyone...when it’s backed up!! As far as a ring....maybe I get one,and maybe I don’t. The beauty behind obscurity!

28-14 #4

I can dig it. And in all seriousness, I know we are up here verbally sparring but I do wish you guys good luck this weekend and that goes for all 4 teams! At the end of the day taking away records and rings these are kids who are playing for scholarship opportunities.

My son received 22 offers after last season, made all-state, all-region, all-district, all-conference, broke school records, and accumulated other awards along the way. With all that said, he found himself on a visit to JMU at the conclusion of last season with a bunch of HSHS players. We got put out in the Regional round and HSHS won the states and yet they found themselves at the same Junior Day sitting at the same table hoping for one of the scholarships being offered like every other kid there.

So when they are on the field crying after a loss that doesn't mean they are less celebrated!

I agree 100% with everything you said @vtperry! As I just posted...look at the teams these kids have faced over the last 2 years. These kids have stood strong,beside their coaches,represented with class,and made a small community very proud of every one of them. A very good Maury team is up next. Let’s go HSHS!!

I admit...I can be a little cocky,but I only admire the talent,respect,and joy this team has provided our community. I guess I could back it down a little!
Be confident in your team as I've said, but don't slight the state. Confidence is one thing but the cockiness brings the negativity to your program. HSHS is doing GREAT things for their community, kids that may not have father figures in there life are getting coached/loved by great MEN. Confidence and cocky are two separate things, I wish HSHS the best of luck and believe they have talent up and down the roster for years to come but to talk like no team is capable of beating them or has talent is false.

As far as the team itself, I have respect for what they've done but I call a spade a spade, THIS years schedule is nothing to brag about nor is this seasons schedule a bench mark to compare to the Dortch team or Pootie's teams that played better competition, period.

My apologies VT if I came off towards your program, nothing but respect for what's brewing in the Springs.

I can dig it. And in all seriousness, I know we are up here verbally sparring but I do wish you guys good luck this weekend and that goes for all 4 teams! At the end of the day taking away records and rings these are kids who are playing for scholarship opportunities.

My son received 22 offers after last season, made all-state, all-region, all-district, all-conference, broke school records, and accumulated other awards along the way. With all that said, he found himself on a visit to JMU at the conclusion of last season with a bunch of HSHS players. We got put out in the Regional round and HSHS won the states and yet they found themselves at the same Junior Day sitting at the same table hoping for one of the scholarships being offered like every other kid there.

So when they are on the field crying after a loss that doesn't mean they are less celebrated!
Congrats to you & your son,and best wishes to you both.

Reactions: SportsJunkie32
No... this is good... all valid points from each angle / side. I would expect both sides to be passionate and confident.

This is bubbling like a prize fight. I want both teams injury free and peaking for this matchup. Glaciers collide at some point. That is just how the world works. Maury is a surprise just like Namesmond River was last year. HSHS will get a game this week! Maury has 3-4 really good athletes. Springs has plenty as well. I think Springs is the better team and will beat Maury by 2-3 scores but Maury has nothing to lose. That is always dangerous combo. There is a lot of weight on HSHS with this historic streak. If anyone is built for the weight it is them. Has this Springer team ever really been in danger this year?? Even for a half?? If Maury can hang around things might get interesting. Only a few days away now.

SB vs NS... I don't know enough about either team but I am sure this will be a whale of a state semi-final matchup.

No... this is good... all valid points from each angle / side. I would expect both sides to be passionate and confident.

This is bubbling like a prize fight. I want both teams injury free and peaking for this matchup. Glaciers collide at some point. That is just how the world works. Maury is a surprise just like Namesmond River was last year. HSHS will get a game this week! Maury has 3-4 really good athletes. Springs has plenty as well. I think Springs is the better team and will beat Maury by 2-3 scores but Maury has nothing to lose. That is always dangerous combo. There is a lot of weight on HSHS with this historic streak. If anyone is built for the weight it is them. Has this Springer team ever really been in danger this year?? Even for a half?? If Maury can hang around things might get interesting. Only a few days away now.

SB vs NS... I don't know enough about either team but I am sure this will be a whale of a state semi-final matchup.
I wish I could be in two different places at one time!!!! Both great Semi's.

What I think separates HSHS is the depth, especially on offense when it gets down to the later quarters. (HSHS should run run run the first half and make those interior DL work!) Then, bringing in a fresh RB against a defense tired/spent makes a huge difference. What also stands out to me is the confidence and expectations of the team. I don't think the "weight on there shoulders" will play a factor at all, not this bunch! But like you said, Maury has nothing to lose and that's how upsets happen...

Reactions: mbonape1
The excitement is definitely building!
HooSprings, I love what you say and love that you love these Springer boys, coaches and community as much as I do!! I too have placed my points and knowledge of what's happening in The Springs! I am a little more, let's say "low key" !
HSHS has built a reputation, a great reputation! It's stronger than ever before! It's about that time of year where we put our $$$ where our mouth is and focus on the prize!
All I will say is, "we've got the goods, we've got to knock 'em down 2 more times". Then look forward to another loaded team next year!
Pssst..... our basketball team is gonna make some noise this year too! Shhhh!

The excitement is definitely building!
HooSprings, I love what you say and love that you love these Springer boys, coaches and community as much as I do!! I too have placed my points and knowledge of what's happening in The Springs! I am a little more, let's say "low key" !
HSHS has built a reputation, a great reputation! It's stronger than ever before! It's about that time of year where we put our $$$ where our mouth is and focus on the prize!
All I will say is, "we've got the goods, we've got to knock 'em down 2 more times". Then look forward to another loaded team next year!
Pssst..... our basketball team is gonna make some noise this year too! Shhhh!
Boys looked good last night, Springer!!!

Yep For A half a 6 to 6 tie going into the third quarter vs Varina, Varina lost 13 to 33

Reactions: mbonape1
Be confident in your team as I've said, but don't slight the state. Confidence is one thing but the cockiness brings the negativity to your program. HSHS is doing GREAT things for their community, kids that may not have father figures in there life are getting coached/loved by great MEN. Confidence and cocky are two separate things, I wish HSHS the best of luck and believe they have talent up and down the roster for years to come but to talk like no team is capable of beating them or has talent is false.

As far as the team itself, I have respect for what they've done but I call a spade a spade, THIS years schedule is nothing to brag about nor is this seasons schedule a bench mark to compare to the Dortch team or Pootie's teams that played better competition, period.

My apologies VT if I came off towards your program, nothing but respect for what's brewing in the Springs.
Yep For A half a 6 to 6 tie going into the third quarter vs Varina, Varina lost 13 to 33
the Dortch team lost 8-7 to a Meadowbrook team that finished 5-5 that year. This year’s team has had little to no let down. That’s why I think this team is better...and the lines are better on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: vtperry
It was 6-6,HSHS has not given up a defensive score. Varina scores on that 85yd fumble return. HSHS made a minor adjustment on offense and defense mid 3rd qtr,and got rolling after going up another passing TD. Varina defense was very fast & big,but HSHS’s depth finally wore them down with a 3rd power RB,and fresh legs on D. Varina was 8-1 at the time.

It was 6-6,HSHS has not given up a defensive score. Varina scores on that 85yd fumble return. HSHS made a minor adjustment on offense and defense mid 3rd qtr,and got rolling after going up another passing TD. Varina defense was very fast & big,but HSHS’s depth finally wore them down with a 3rd power RB,and fresh legs on D. Varina was 8-1 at the time.
The question was has Highland springs ever been in danger for even a half, yes they were going into the third quarter.Thank you for the play by play

Last edited:
Reactions: HooSprings

Little trivia...Coach Johnson (HS) and Coach Mangano (NSHS) coached together at Stonewall Jackson (Manassas)

Little trivia...Coach Johnson (HS) and Coach Mangano (NSHS) coached together at Stonewall Jackson (Manassas)
Both have seen the single wing at SJ when they faced SB. NS gets their shot at it first.

I think they are going to get bracelets this year. They're running out of fingers.

Here's another interesting matchup, Manchester and Ocean Lakes. This was on the local news last night. The 2 head coaches are best friends. They went to college together, their families go on vacation together. They were on vacation together this past summer on a beach relaxing, before they scrimmaged talking about how ironic it would be if they should, by chance, meet in the State playoffs! Guess what! It's happening! Do you think these 2 buddies are excited?
http://www.nbc12.com/2018/11/28/manchester-road-title-game-goes-through-halls-close-friend/

Last edited:
Just saw the video from Maury vs IR that my friend sent me,and Maury looks very familiar to another team HSHS played earlier this season. They are better at some positions but worse at some too. The change to turf field is a good change!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT