ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Dixon won't be returning to Pulaski Co.

That's a rough break for him and PC. At least Akers steps in with prior head whistle experience. Would guess this season is a job interview for him.

Wish coach Dixon the best. I hope he gets better. I think he could have done some very good things at PC. His health is much more important though.
Cam Akers will do a fine job for the Cougars.

Reactions: BGfootball95
Wish coach Dixon the best. I hope he gets better. I think he could have done some very good things at PC. His health is much more important though.
Cam Akers will do a fine job for the Cougars.
Akers left the Auburn program in very poor shape. Participation numbers dropped off big time each year. Kids flat out did not want to play for this guy. Would not pin my hopes that he's the next Joel Hicks at Pulaski

Akers left the Auburn program in very poor shape. Participation numbers dropped off big time each year. Kids flat out did not want to play for this guy. Would not pin my hopes that he's the next Joel Hicks at Pulaski
Auburn is a diff world when it comes to football. They dont seem to want to play for anybody. Football is a tough game played by tough people under tough situations. It takes a lot of hard work and I dont think the kids at Auburn are willing to do what it takes to win.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Auburn is a diff world when it comes to football. They dont seem to want to play for anybody. Football is a tough game played by tough people under tough situations. It takes a lot of hard work and I dont think the kids at Auburn are willing to do what it takes to win.
While Akers was coach there, they won multiple state championships in basketball, baseball, and track. They won that Wachovia Cup, or whatever it's called now, awarded to each school in each division in Virginia for overall sports excellence. To have those kinds of athletes, that are dedicated to putting in the time to be top notch, and not even being able to field a football team just doesn't make sense. If you want to believe Akers had absolutely nothing to do with the decline in football numbers and success since Turner left, that's , up to you. Would like to see someone get in at PC that can get that program back to prominence. Changing coaches every couple years has rarely produced success, anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT