ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Fischer update

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
Good news! Per his wife on Facebook, Coach had a successful second stem cell transplant on Monday. It will be around ten days before his healthy cells begin to grow back, which will hopefully get him back in remission for years to come.

I have to admit I was nervous to open this post, but that is GREAT news

Best wishes and prayers continue for coach Fischer and family.

I was like Great State, I was nervous to open the thread. I'm so glad to hear the good news. He and his family will continue to in my thoughts and prayers.

That is great to hear about Coach Fischer! He is a great coach and an even better guy. I know that Louisa opens with Sherando and while a lot of people on here are high on Sherando - I think that Louisa is going to win that game. I see a 35-14 win for the Lions over the Warriors week 1 and I see Louisa going on to have a 9-1 or 8-2 regular season. Great news for the Fischer family and the Louisa community!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
No matter your loyalties to any other team, you just have to be happy for Coach Fischer and the team with each victory.

I hope one of you that has contact with Coach or his wife will share our well wishes with him.

That is great to hear about Coach Fischer! He is a great coach and an even better guy. I know that Louisa opens with Sherando and while a lot of people on here are high on Sherando - I think that Louisa is going to win that game. I see a 35-14 win for the Lions over the Warriors week 1 and I see Louisa going on to have a 9-1 or 8-2 regular season. Great news for the Fischer family and the Louisa community!
Great to hear about Coach Fischer but 9 - 1 or 8 - 2? 35 - 14? Really? I understand we don't know how these teams will actually be till the season starts but that prediction seems pretty pie-eyed. Louisa's first two games are against top ten rated teams in all of Division 4. The rest of the schedule ain't easy either. Is there something you know about louisa or these other teams that no one else seems to?

@shauntclair all I'll say is stop acting as if Louisa can't possibly be improved from a 7-3 team that had a bunch of freshmen and sophomores last year, and there are a few reasons they're scrimmaging Bird, but this isn't the thread for this discussion.

Last edited:
@shauntclair all I'll say is stop acting as if Louisa can't possibly be improved from a 7-3 team that had a bunch of freshmen and sophomores last year, and there are a few reasons they're scrimmaging Bird, but this isn't the thread for this discussion.
Reasons they're scrimmaging Byrd? Like to see they're playing good teams. That's the only reason I would want to know about. 7 - 3 would be a fine season for the Lions and they have no easy schedule. No, I don't see better than that but it's pre-season. Everyone is undefeated now. GL in 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT