ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Lancaster, Highland Springs HS coach....

JoelzDad

VaPreps All District
Feb 14, 2002
I just wanted to add this about coach Lancaster from Highland Springs. I have watched him coach for many years. He is a proven winner, and a legend. But I want to say, EVERY current and prospective coach needs to take lessons from him. He is 100% FOR his players, every one of them he loves. You can see it in his personality, his approach to them during games. You can see the love and respect the kids have for him as well. He doesn't have to be loud, or make big wild motions from the bench, He communicate with his players in subtle ways. It's always about the kids. Tonight, something happened that just brought it all up to me again, and prompted this post. One of his players came down wrong in his ankle, or foot...and fell to the court in agony. Who sprinted out to him immediately. Not the trainers...not the assistants....but coach Lancaster. Without a moment of pause...out on the court, coach was there...tending to HIS kid. Amazing. Simply amazing. And to watch him pull his team to victory was so awesome. Congrats to HSHS and their basketball teams. Both girls and boys. But...I am honored to be able to watch this legend, do this job the way it is supposed to be done...with class, love, and discipline. An example to us all.

Originally posted by JoelzDad:
I just wanted to add this about coach Lancaster from Highland Springs. I have watched him coach for many years. He is a proven winner, and a legend. But I want to say, EVERY current and prospective coach needs to take lessons from him. He is 100% FOR his players, every one of them he loves. You can see it in his personality, his approach to them during games. You can see the love and respect the kids have for him as well. He doesn't have to be loud, or make big wild motions from the bench, He communicate with his players in subtle ways. It's always about the kids. Tonight, something happened that just brought it all up to me again, and prompted this post. One of his players came down wrong in his ankle, or foot...and fell to the court in agony. Who sprinted out to him immediately. Not the trainers...not the assistants....but coach Lancaster. Without a moment of pause...out on the court, coach was there...tending to HIS kid. Amazing. Simply amazing. And to watch him pull his team to victory was so awesome. Congrats to HSHS and their basketball teams. Both girls and boys. But...I am honored to be able to watch this legend, do this job the way it is supposed to be done...with class, love, and discipline. An example to us all.
Amen! George Lancaster is one of the kindest and caring people I've ever known.

Also, I'd like to add about coach Lancaster, some coaches, after they've achieved the amount of success that he has, can be "Hollywood." Not him. He is a class act, very personable & willing to share his knowledge of the game with anyone who seeks it. Congrats on the win Coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT