ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches that leave the dogs in...

Union guy here, Travis does a great job of getting his sub's in when games get 35-0 or out of hand. Most of the starters only played first half last night, he's not like his daddy or even Phil who both could be guilty of putting it on some teams to prove a point or for some imagined slight.

When I was in HS under Phil, only time I remember him really getting pissed and putting starters back in was Lee in 04. Phil played the 2s and 3s for most of second half when it was like 60-0, but Lee left their 1s in and the play got chippy and Lee was throwing deep, prolonging the game and trying to show up the youngsters. He put back in the 1s for one fourth quarter series and had Brad throe a deep TD pass.

The situation v. Giles same year was totally 100% different, I'll explain if most don't know story.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Hey @AdvocateOfMany434, can any 2A team compete w you guys this season? Went back and watched the state title game, and Jesus Christ that was brutal. I know y'all lost a little talent on offense, but isn't most of D back, the same D that NO ONE could move the ball on?

Richland's is good but not quite as talented as last year IMO, Union is breaking in a new QB but still have Mitchell, Fannon and some good RBs and the line play is much better but the linebackers are still a work in progress. Know nothing about Giles cept they're reallymgood and Glenvar is down I hear. What does Clarke brin back? Not that they can beat Appo, but theybsure kicked our asses.

Hampton's Coach Mike Smith is known to run up the score every chance he gets. 70 points seems to be his goal. That fact combined with his interviews makes him not seem likable at all. He needs to go ahead and retire.

Hey @AdvocateOfMany434, can any 2A team compete w you guys this season? Went back and watched the state title game, and Jesus Christ that was brutal. I know y'all lost a little talent on offense, but isn't most of D back, the same D that NO ONE could move the ball on?

Richland's is good but not quite as talented as last year IMO, Union is breaking in a new QB but still have Mitchell, Fannon and some good RBs and the line play is much better but the linebackers are still a work in progress. Know nothing about Giles cept they're reallymgood and Glenvar is down I hear. What does Clarke brin back? Not that they can beat Appo, but theybsure kicked our asses.
Any given day anybody can be beat BigWinners. On D, we are missing some talent from last year and its showing a little this year. All State 1st team Devin Dews at S, Alll State Buster Henderson at LB, Marquise Morgan at OLB, Deshawn Thomas CB (all starters, all graduated).
We missing Deron Kelso (Deontay's bro) this year do to a leg injury from track last year. He should be back in a week or 2.
Sooooo... to answer question, its not exactly same D. Now do we have talent to plug in? Yes, but their ability to play at same level as last year is yet to be seen. I will say, Rustburg game, they played LIGHTS OUT! Rustburg had 40 yards all game on O until last 2 minutes of game. They played lights out vs Buckingham too

Reactions: BigWinners
Any given day anybody can be beat BigWinners. On D, we are missing some talent from last year and its showing a little this year. All State 1st team Devin Dews at S, Alll State Buster Henderson at LB, Marquise Morgan at OLB, Deshawn Thomas CB (all starters, all graduated).
We missing Deron Kelso (Deontay's bro) this year do to a leg injury from track last year. He should be back in a week or 2.
Sooooo... to answer question, its not exactly same D. Now do we have talent to plug in? Yes, but their ability to play at same level as last year is yet to be seen. I will say, Rustburg game, they played LIGHTS OUT! Rustburg had 40 yards all game on O until last 2 minutes of game. They played lights out vs Buckingham too

Dews was insanely talented, dude was a prototypical DB.

Beating Buckingham like you guys did was super impressive. As a Union fan, if we meet you guys this season, I hope its the last game of the season lol.

In 2A, how would you rank the favs? Appo, Richlands, Graham, Giles, Union and maybe couple more I'm forgetting.

Dews was insanely talented, dude was a prototypical DB.

Beating Buckingham like you guys did was super impressive. As a Union fan, if we meet you guys this season, I hope its the last game of the season lol.

In 2A, how would you rank the favs? Appo, Richlands, Graham, Giles, Union and maybe couple more I'm forgetting.
dews is at U of Charleston now redshirted along with Marquise Morgan. Yes, he is a freak! i rank it same as u except i would put U in front of Giles

dews is at U of Charleston now redshirted along with Marquise Morgan. Yes, he is a freak! i rank it same as u except i would put U in front of Giles

Haven't saw Giles play, but with how Union struggled w Clarke's offense, a game against Giles could be killer lolol.

Do you have the link for the power point list?

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT