ADVERTISEMENT

Region B Coach of the year, Offensive Player of the year and Defensive Player of the year. What are your predictions (Just For Fun)

BullRun66

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 25, 2021
Offensive Player of the year for me is Tyler Forbes from Central. Tyler has been the work horse for the Falcons and if he was to go down they would not be undefeated and in this position.

CCC is in the running as well but Riverheads kept rolling along when he was out that is why I give the edge to Forbes.

Lopez from Central is my pick for defensive player of the year after another stellar season for the Falcons.

Norcross( Spelling) from Riverheads would be my Coach of the year. He kept the train rolling with the injury to CCC. To lose a player of that magnitude and not lose another game is amazing.

I don't have very strong opinions for players of the year, but back when the Shenandoah District honors were announced, I was mildly surprised when Coach Norcross won over Rolfe at Fort Defiance. That may surprise some of you coming from a Riverheads fan but my thoughts at the time were that Coach Norcross did what is expected of Riverheads each year...to win the title.....whereas Rolfe took his team from near the bottom almost to the top in just this one season. However, Bull Run's reasoning for picking Norcross is a logical one.

Not sure Rolfe would be worthy on a regional level, but sometimes it makes more sense to reward someone for making major improvement as opposed to just succeeding where you have already succeeded. So if neither the Central or RHS coach wins it, that might be a good thing.

Reactions: BullRun66
@RedPrideNation_RollPride what I could find for end of regular season was 120 Tackles, 11 sacks 7 forced fumbles 5 fumble recoveries. For playoffs he is close to 30 tackles. He had 5 sacks against Strasburg last week as well. I believe he had 2 sacks against draft.

Offensive CCC
Defense Lopez not just for Region but state defense POY and its not really close
Coach- winner of tonight's game

Region B awards IMO:
COY- wow I have a few that I could make an argument for. Rolfe at Fort would likely be my pick for the turn around that team has experienced but Strasburg was young and they were able to just reload this year, shout out to Madison as seems to be on the uptick, Clarke fought injuries early and still had an excellent season, or you could go with Norcross for the adjustments from the first game to last nights dismantling of a very good Central team.

OPOY- CCC and it’s not really close. Forbes is a solid player and is deserving of a lot of recognition but not this award. #6 from CC is another I would put in the discussion but again just not quite enough production against quality opponents.

DPOY- I am really kinda open on this one. Lopez from Central is the prototype for a speed end or LB at HS but I must have blinders on because I didn’t see his impact on their biggest game last evening. In fairness though I honestly don’t see a better candidate out there individually so he would have to be the top defensive guy this year. CCC is good at LB and should probably be talked about here too but there are a couple of others that stood out as well. Baylor Graber from Draft as a freshman was as good a LB as the region had. And I was impressed more with Forbes on defense at LB than him on offense. It’s a pickem for me here

I am horrible with names and I know I mentioned him in the RHS/Madison game recap but there is also a young man for Madison that played until the horn blew to end that first round game. That is the kind of athlete we should all hope to have and I hope he is recognized is some way for his efforts. Should definitely be on the all region team somewhere

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Region B awards IMO:
COY- wow I have a few that I could make an argument for. Rolfe at Fort would likely be my pick for the turn around that team has experienced but Strasburg was young and they were able to just reload this year, shout out to Madison as seems to be on the uptick, Clarke fought injuries early and still had an excellent season, or you could go with Norcross for the adjustments from the first game to last nights dismantling of a very good Central team.

OPOY- CCC and it’s not really close. Forbes is a solid player and is deserving of a lot of recognition but not this award. #6 from CC is another I would put in the discussion but again just not quite enough production against quality opponents.

DPOY- I am really kinda open on this one. Lopez from Central is the prototype for a speed end or LB at HS but I must have blinders on because I didn’t see his impact on their biggest game last evening. In fairness though I honestly don’t see a better candidate out there individually so he would have to be the top defensive guy this year. CCC is good at LB and should probably be talked about here too but there are a couple of others that stood out as well. Baylor Graber from Draft as a freshman was as good a LB as the region had. And I was impressed more with Forbes on defense at LB than him on offense. It’s a pickem for me here

I am horrible with names and I know I mentioned him in the RHS/Madison game recap but there is also a young man for Madison that played until the horn blew to end that first round game. That is the kind of athlete we should all hope to have and I hope he is recognized is some way for his efforts. Should definitely be on the all region team somewhere
Tompkins from MC is who I believe you are speaking of. I don’t think we even made all BRD though (which is a mystery to me).

That’s a solid dang list for the district with deserving players but having seen most of these teams, he would have at least made 2nd team easily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT