ADVERTISEMENT

Comments on Fredericksburg Christian

Aug 21, 2014
I have a lot of pent up commenting after a long off season.

Got to comment on FCS. Some great "non recruiting" with a bunch of one year seniors last year. And a bunch of junior transfers that were so enamored with the school that they left for public school after one year. Produced a successful team last year with a "meaningful" championship for their fans. Coach leaves, players leave, no one will play them and now the poor kids that are left are getting crushed by 84. Hard to feel sorry for them after they destroyed my Raiders in the semis but the kids on the team this year do not deserve that kind of a beat down. How do you score 70 in a single half? Wow.

Is it true the FCS coach is now at Greenbriar Christian? If so, watch another bootleg football team with a year of glory followed by a disaster.

I have a lot of pent up commenting after a long off season.

Got to comment on FCS. Some great "non recruiting" with a bunch of one year seniors last year. And a bunch of junior transfers that were so enamored with the school that they left for public school after one year. Produced a successful team last year with a "meaningful" championship for their fans. Coach leaves, players leave, no one will play them and now the poor kids that are left are getting crushed by 84. Hard to feel sorry for them after they destroyed my Raiders in the semis but the kids on the team this year do not deserve that kind of a beat down. How do you score 70 in a single half? Wow.

Is it true the FCS coach is now at Greenbriar Christian? If so, watch another bootleg football team with a year of glory followed by a disaster.

Chief62
How many 1-year seniors did Fredericksburg Christian have that make up the bunch? Last year was the 4th straight playoff appearance for Coach Tim Coleman and his second State championship game appearance during those 4 years. Nothing was handed to any of the teams. Fredericksburg Christian scheduled and defeated two D1 schools and they also beat a good Sidwell Friends team which would probably compete in D1 in Virginia. To imply their championship wasn't "meaningful" is disrespectful to the coaches who gave their time, the players who worked hard and the parents who sacrificed their time.

Reactions: ncsraider21
Chief62
How many 1-year seniors did Fredericksburg Christian have that make up the bunch? Last year was the 4th straight playoff appearance for Coach Tim Coleman and his second State championship game appearance during those 4 years. Nothing was handed to any of the teams. Fredericksburg Christian scheduled and defeated two D1 schools and they also beat a good Sidwell Friends team which would probably compete in D1 in Virginia. To imply their championship wasn't "meaningful" is disrespectful to the coaches who gave their time, the players who worked hard and the parents who sacrificed their time.
Perhaps. There seemed to be a large change to their roster in a short amount of time but I may be wrong. I take nothing away from the quality of last years team. They were really good and scheduled up accordingly.

If it was the product of a bunch of kids that spent four years developing the program with just a couple of new guys added in, then my apologies. If they had seven or eight transfers over the summer that played large roles, then I question the meaningfulness to the institution not to the kids. Any championship is meaningful to the kids. Maybe someone from that area can speak to transfers from local public schools better than me.

Part of me says that if there were a bunch of kids involved in building the program, they would not fall off so much this year. They would still have a nucleus.

FCS definitely had a group of at least 5 come in last year in skilled positions to enhance their team and ultimately win their championship. Now they are gone and head coach is too. Players went back to public school because FCS was unsure they were going to be able to field a team and had no coach until first week of August. FCS cleaned house from what I heard in all sports. No Tim Coleman is not at Greenbriar, I saw them play a couple weeks ago.

They had changes to their roster but it was not a bunch of senior transfers. The point I tried to make was Fredericksburg Christian had been competing for a playoff spot the three previous years and their schedule was one of the toughest schedules among the D3 schools. uled

I disagree with the statement that if there were a bunch of kids involved in building the program, they would not fall off so much this year.

Any time you have a change in staff, a dropoff is a possibility especially with a coach with the resume of Coach Coleman who won 3 State championships at the public school level at Spotsylvania.

Virginia Episcopal who won back-to-back state championships in 2012 and 2013 but after Coach Jennings moved on they opened the season with a 54-0 loss to North Cross and finished the season with a losing record. I know some of the transfers even came from Spotsylvania which has not had many winning seasons since the late 90's.

Also in regards to Nansemond-Suffolk, they run a wing-T offense and they ran only 35 total plays when they scored 84 points. They passed the ball only three times. Noah Giles, their D1 recruit, scored 4 touchdowns on 6 carries. Other than taking a knee each play, I'm not sure what else they could have done other than both coaches agreeing to cancel the remainder of the game. I don't think you should tell your players to not score unless your name is Eli Manning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT