ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Bruin athletes and coaches

Shaking my head in amazement at those doggone Bruins. Your athletic program is a model of consistency. All six running sports are always excellent, and most everything else is usually pretty good.

Congratulations on yet another Wells Fargo cup! It might be noted this is the one for athletics, as there is a separate one for academics. Two questions: how many WF cups is this now for Blacksburg; and, in what sports did the Bruins win state titles this year?

Shaking my head in amazement at those doggone Bruins. Your athletic program is a model of consistency. All six running sports are always excellent, and most everything else is usually pretty good.

Congratulations on yet another Wells Fargo cup! It might be noted this is the one for athletics, as there is a separate one for academics. Two questions: how many WF cups is this now for Blacksburg; and, in what sports did the Bruins win state titles this year?
They did win the cup for academics this year but the VHSL hasn’t released the one for athletics at the time of this post. Although I’m sure they will be at or near the top for athletics as well once the final standings are released.

They did win the cup for academics this year but the VHSL hasn’t released the one for athletics at the time of this post. Although I’m sure they will be at or near the top for athletics as well once the final standings are released.

Oh okay, my bad, then. I thought he was referencing the cup for athletics, because Blacksburg pretty much wins it every year! I saw on Facebook last night that Salem finished fourth in the academics cup, so I thought perhaps the sports cup results may have been announced this morning. Also, the title of the thread says “athletes and coaches.”

Reactions: VolNation85
Oh okay, my bad, then. I thought he was referencing the cup for athletics, because Blacksburg pretty much wins it every year! I saw on Facebook last night that Salem finished fourth in the academics cup, so I thought perhaps the sports cup results may have been announced this morning. Also, the title of the thread says “athletes and coaches.”
Easy mistake for anyone to make. Most likely @1bburgfan mistook this for the athletic cup as well.

opps , I didn't read far enough. Should I change coaches to teachers? :):rolleyes:

13 athletic and 6 academic Wells Fargo Cups. I'll have to get back to you on the state
championships for 18-19

Bruins won boys golf and swimming and diving, girls won indoor and outdoor track. Runner ups in boys C.C. and indoor and outdoor track, girls swimming and diving ,C.C. , and tennis. semi finals in boys football, soccer, and tennis. And a first in a long time a state champion in wrestling HW Shane Mitcham. Sorry this took a while .

Reactions: SpartanOfYore
Bruins won boys golf and swimming and diving, girls won indoor and outdoor track. Runner ups in boys C.C. and indoor and outdoor track, girls swimming and diving ,C.C. , and tennis. semi finals in boys football, soccer, and tennis. And a first in a long time a state champion in wrestling HW Shane Mitcham. Sorry this took a while .

So, four more. Very impressive performance across the board.

Jamestown won the Class 4 state golf tournament, so that’s “only” three more trophies for Blacksburg. Still a year most schools would love to have.

Well, the Bruins were runners-up, of course. For some non weather-related reason, the VHSL decided to shorten the tournament to only eighteen holes. Had it been thirty-six as has always been customary, that might have been another for the blue and gold. To decide a state championship over only eighteen holes is ridiculous. No offense intended to any Jamestown fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT